How To Reduce File Size For Image Uploading

lulu22 said:
Can anyone tell me how to reduce the file size in snapseed please?
Pardon the late reply.
Tap the 'settings' icon:
Screenshot_20230522-221939~2-01.jpeg
Tap on 'image sizing':
Screenshot_20230522-221948-01.jpeg
And the select the size you want from the pop-up:
Screenshot_20230522-221958-01.jpeg
With that you're setting a default [re]sizing.
If you enter the app through another app (eg. your inbuilt photo app) and you don't make significant changes, the photo won't be saved when you export. You have to open Snapspeed alone and open your chosen picture to just do a resized export.

Last edited:
Reactions: lulu22
ade said:
Pardon the late reply.
Tap the 'settings' icon:
View attachment 109686
Tap on 'image sizing':
View attachment 109687
And the select the size you want from the pop-up:
View attachment 109688
With that you're setting a default [re]sizing.
If you enter the app through another app (eg. your inbuilt photo app) and you don't make significant changes, the photo won't be saved when you export. You have to open Snapspeed alone and open your chosen picture to just do a resized export.
Amazing! thank you :)

use a modern linux distro
right click and resize

Reactions: CherryMiku and HappyCamper
StrawberryPan said:
right click and resize

Not every desktop environment can do this, even if it is modern!

• Sad
Reactions: HappyCamper and winterheart01
I like using imagemagick. I think it might have a gui option, but i use the cli for it which I know isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Reactions: Sheogorat and BobbiSueEllen
just take the phot if on your phone and text it to yourself. It automatically reduces the sizes. Then you can take the new photo you received and upload it. I have even emailed photos to myself and then open the email on my phone and text it to myself

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
checkingoutall said:
For quick resizing that doesn't cause issues with quality, at least for me it hasn't, I have used a little program called Image Resizer for Windows by Brice Lambson. I downloaded it and installed it several years ago, so this thread made me go look for it on the web again. From Brice's site, it appears he is now working with Microsoft on a joint project.

I second this. Microsoft PowerToys is great and has lots of little tools that work really well. The aforementioned Image Resizer is just a right click and then you're off to work.

Reactions: checkingoutall and BobbiSueEllen
Sheogorat said:
Not every desktop environment can do this, even if it is modern!
I stand corrected - the latest version of Ubuntu has removed that feature from context menu - how stupid!!! Adding finding a way to re-implement this to my already massive to-do list...

StrawberryPan said:
right click and resize
I use Mint which is a combo of Ubuntu and Debian, I have no problems resizing pic's or just manipulating them, Print Screen still works and use it on a regular basis, as well as all the keyboard short cuts (as I use that a lot) been Linux sense 1998. Ran my own business with Mint for 23 yrs. It's way better then Microsoft in my eye's.

HappyCamper said:
I use Mint which is a combo of Ubuntu and Debian, I have no problems resizing pic's or just manipulating them, Print Screen still works and use it on a regular basis, as well as all the keyboard short cuts (as I use that a lot) been Linux sense 1998. Ran my own business with Mint for 23 yrs. It's way better then Microsoft in my eye's.
I'm on mint too actually, but for some stupid reason on new versions they removed image-resize extension from the default packages.
Recently realized its as simple as just installing caja-image-converter (on MATE desktop, but other options exist for other file managers)
However the current version is semi-broken and the fix has not yet been updated on the repos.. >_<
I mean yes its easy enough to resize within a program, until you have to resize an entire folder full of oversized album booklet scans or something lol. Can probably use imagemagick and a loop for that but I'm not quite there yet. I used windows for most of my life until abandoning it after the monstrosity of 10 and beyond, so I do still appreciate easy context functions.
In any case, microsoft is the devil :p and apple too, basically stealing BSD and making tons of money off it just because of its permissive license..

Reactions: HappyCamper
StrawberryPan said:
I'm on mint too actually, but for some stupid reason on new versions they removed image-resize extension from the default packages.
Recently realized its as simple as just installing caja-image-converter (on MATE desktop, but other options exist for other file managers)
However the current version is semi-broken and the fix has not yet been updated on the repos.. >_<
I mean yes its easy enough to resize within a program, until you have to resize an entire folder full of oversized album booklet scans or something lol. Can probably use imagemagick and a loop for that but I'm not quite there yet. I used windows for most of my life until abandoning it after the monstrosity of 10 and beyond, so I do still appreciate easy context functions.
In any case, microsoft is the devil :p and apple too, basically stealing BSD and making tons of money off it just because of its permissive license..
In the last 23 yrs or so I have always manipulated 1 image at a time (Personaly I like GIMP), I ran my own tech company for about 19 + yrs.
Yes I am a fan of "Mate" also, even got my older brother into mint/mate, He's Rad Hat cert for the government and uses mostly text base until he get's home.
Is it Microsoft or Microjunk ?
I dropped Microsoft after Win98 which was worthless unless you had a file server (like SME) to store your boot files and your personal files, 2000 pro wasn't too bad, alot like win nt.
But I still had to deal with Microsoft in my business.
I totally agree with you.

HappyCamper said:
In the last 23 yrs or so I have always manipulated 1 image at a time (Personaly I like GIMP), I ran my own tech company for about 19 + yrs.
Yes I am a fan of "Mate" also, even got my older brother into mint/mate, He's Rad Hat cert for the government and uses mostly text base until he get's home.
Is it Microsoft or Microjunk ?
I dropped Microsoft after Win98 which was worthless unless you had a file server (like SME) to store your boot files and your personal files, 2000 pro wasn't too bad, alot like win nt.
But I still had to deal with Microsoft in my business.
I totally agree with you.
I prefer to term it microshaft xP xP
But jeez you are an oldie
I like you lol

StrawberryPan said:
I like you lol
Ya I've been around a while, but still young at heart!

StrawberryPan said:
I like you lol
I actually started with a trash 80 (TRS80 with the gigantic amount of 64 bits ram) from Radio Shack then went to DOS. :) Back in the '90's with Linux you literally had to spell out everything and save it to disk to get your server to work how you wanted from dns to nfs and permissions were another whole ballgame I still have my first trash 80 as well as a Tandy 1000 laptop, they both still work, the trash 80 hooks to your tv for a monitor and uses a cassette tape for programs and storage. :)
Happy Tuesday

gotta love tape storage. At my old job that I recently got fired from for stupid stupid reason i was IT manager trainee and we had an old IBM as400 that ran the building and part of my job was doing the daily tape backups.. I miss that place >_< Old tech is just so sugoi I love it lol. The terminal on that as400 was so sexy, I still have my terminal black on green because of it lol

AS400 is or atleast in the 90's was great we had a 200 meg hard drive and a connection to 4 other stores at a whole whappin 32K.:)

Back