How to hide baby powder smell or substitutes

Lunisian

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Anyone know of a way to hide the smell of baby powder or know of a good substitute? Since I'm a resident advisor in my dorm, my room as to stay relatively accessible to my residence, plus I worry about someone smelling it if I decide to wear outside my room.

Reactions: TigerDL and Angelapinks
MailCat581 said:
They do make unscented baby powder.
Oh, ok. Sorry, relatively new to all this😅

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
MailCat581 said:
They do make unscented baby powder.
Any recommendations?

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
How about cornstarch? I've never used it myself, but a quick Google search seems to indicate that it's cheap, readily available, nontoxic, and avoids the issue with talc that some baby powders have. From experience using it in cooking, I'd say that it's virtually odorless to boot.

Again, never tried it myself. But might be worth looking into!

Reactions: Deleted member 41919
SirGorbachev said:
How about cornstarch? I've never used it myself, but a quick Google search seems to indicate that it's cheap, readily available, nontoxic, and avoids the issue with talc that some baby powders have. From experience using it in cooking, I'd say that it's virtually odorless to boot.

Again, never tried it myself. But might be worth looking into!
Thought about that. Wanted to see if anyone else recommended it.

Cornstarch works and is the original and classic "baby powder". However I wouldn't worry about the smell. If anyone ever asks it's for your shoes/feet. It's exceptionally common, at least in the military, for people to powder their footwear. In fact, I highly recommend it to keep things fresh and dry. Also reduces stinky shoe smells in the room.

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDL
cornstarch is pretty neutral, scent-wise. Technically so is talc, but they often add something to it. Look at the ingredients, it will say "Talc, Fragrance". Find one that just says "Talc" and it will have zero scent.

Last edited:
bambinod said:
cornstarch is pretty neutral, scent-wise. Technically so is talc, but they often add something to it. Look at the ingredients, it will say "Talc, Fragrance". Find one that just says "Talc" and it will have zero scent.
Isn't talc powder a controlled substance now? I thought all manufacturers had to stop producing talc powder? Which is too bad, nothing else I've used lately has been as good as the original J&J's.

Llayden said:
Isn't talc powder a controlled substance now? I thought all manufacturers had to stop producing talc powder? Which is too bad, nothing else I've used lately has been as good as the original J&J's.
No, talc isn't controlled.

J&J decided to stop selling talc in the US (and I believe Canada) due to lawsuits but is selling talc elsewhere. And other companies are free to sell talc as they please.

Lunisian said:
Anyone know of a way to hide the smell of baby powder or know of a good substitute? Since I'm a resident advisor in my dorm, my room as to stay relatively accessible to my residence, plus I worry about someone smelling it if I decide to wear outside my room.
Actually I love the scent of baby powder and don't much care if somebody can smell it. I use Dove lady underarm spray in Baby powder scent anyway. I also love to use strong feminine scented cologne so if they can detect it after all that who cares.

Reactions: TigerDL
Talc is considered not the safest option to use anymore, due to risks of ovarian and lung cancers. Talc deposits are usually found along with asbestos, which we do know causes cancer, so it is a risk that the talc harvested could be contaminated with asbestos and thus cause cancer.

Reactions: Angelapinks
Quite honestly I wouldn't be worried about baby powder scent, many non abdl's use baby powder, but if you are self-conscious, there are options like lavender, or adult powder as well, but doesn't adult powder take the some of the fun out of it?

Reactions: Angelapinks
just put some in your shoes and keep it near them in the closet. It’s great for keeping shoes smelling better.

Don’t know if you have long or short hair, but it can double as basically dry shampoo in a pinch too, and is just generally good for chafing. Also good for sand. Some say it’s good for helping to vacuum up stuff too 🤷🏼‍♀️. So lots of reasons for having the smell around.

I feel like it’s a bit easier for a girl to have the scent around but that’s just a social norm kind of thing and f that. But also you wouldn’t be asking if you weren’t worried about it, we can SAY f that all day but it doesn’t change that. You can definitely go for Un-scented or plain cornstarch. You should probably be going talc-free regardless.

Personally, I love the smell of baby powder and enjoy the babyish odor around me when I am in my diapers and rubber pants. Don't care if others notice. My rubber pants always have at least a slight baby powder odor no matter how much I wash them.

My Mom complained about this. I tend to avoid using it and use cream on sensitive areas. She's stopped complaining.

Back