How to dispose of used diaper on holiday

Softypink

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
I am going on holiday and would like to know the best way of dealing with used diapers. Can you bag and put them in your bin in the room or is there a designated place in hotels for used diapers/ nappies.

Reactions: nou2019
Trash cans in your room is fine, as long as you respectfully ball up your used diaper so the cleaners don't need to be exposed other than dumping it. Room service will empty the bins and may provide you with extra bin liners or a larger can if you ask. They're not in the business of snooping on their guests, it's your home away from home, respect the property and you'll have no issues.

Reactions: TigerDL and Softypink
Yes been traveling the world for years. (Well not the last 18 months) wrap them up and place in bin either in room or bathroom. Room service will remove them daily. If u tip you may even find one layer out on your bed. In the Hilton exec rooms they always left my fresh diaper on the bed each night when they did fold down

• Love
Reactions: Diaper44, Subtlerustle, Kittyinpink and 3 others
If not in a hotel but on a public place, any trashcan outside can work, please bag them up before, there's several size of ziploc bags sold, choose one that would fit your used diaper rolled up and you'll be good to go.

Reactions: nou2019 and Softypink
I have never had to do this, but disposal in my current living situation could be considered similar to this situation. I always make sure to wrap the used diapers up tightly, normally I will put them in some sort of plastic bag, and into an opaque trash bag.

Reactions: Softypink
I took some plastic grocery bags with me when I traveled to Portugal in June. I simply wrapped my diaper in it and placed it in a nearby waste an outdoors. Given that I had my computer backpack to put it in to get it outside the hotel.

Reactions: nou2019 and Softypink
One time I threw my diaper out of my car window on a lonely highway. I immediately regretted it because I was one of those people who throw used diapers on the road. Don't do that. 😔

• Wow
Reactions: Kittyinpink, nou2019 and SofiaInPampers
KrankyPants said:
One time I threw my diaper out of my car window on a lonely highway. I immediately regretted it because I was one of those people who throw used diapers on the road. Don't do that. 😔
You’re forgiven!

Reactions: TigerDL and KrankyPants
SofiaInPampers said:
You’re forgiven!
🌈 I really appreciate that. Thank you! 🙂

Reactions: SofiaInPampers
Not that I have the authority to do that, but we are all humans. We all make mistakes🤪

Reactions: Softypink and KrankyPants
What I do...

Bring a few plastic bags with you and use those to dispose of them. Then either use their own dumpster or find a close public park and dump them there.

It's not that I care that roomservice would find out...it's just that I rather do it myself.

Reactions: CodyBaby, nou2019 and SofiaInPampers
Softypink said:
I am going on holiday and would like to know the best way of dealing with used diapers. Can you bag and put them in your bin in the room or is there a designated place in hotels for used diapers/ nappies.
First of all, need to compliment the cute nappy in your profile pic,

secondly, just put them in the normal bathroom trash. If you’re a girl there will likely be a bin in there anyway for sanitary products, if not you can always change in a disabled toilet which will have a bin for sanitary products and nappies and other things people require.

Obviously depends where, but it shouldn’t be a massive deal. Maybe take smaller (thinner) nappies if possible? Also some plus sized nappy bags to be considerate. It’s nobody’s place to judge what you wear for underwear, so don’t worry about cleaners or whatever. If the trash is too big, put it in a trash bag and leave it next to the bin when you want it collecting.

Reactions: Softypink
nou2019 said:
If the trash is too big, put it in a trash bag and leave it next to the bin when you want it collecting.

This. Hotel trash cans (at least in my opinion) are always tiny. (Side note: Why are they always so small??!!) Do housekeeping a favor and take out your trash.

Reactions: Softypink and nou2019
hodori779 said:
This. Hotel trash cans (at least in my opinion) are always tiny. (Side note: Why are they always so small??!!) Do housekeeping a favor and take out your trash.
As I said it depends on where OP is at, their hotel etc. When I’m anywhere with nappies I always find the most logistical way of wearing and disposing, so it’s possible. If OP has a black opaque bin liner then the hotel staff won’t need to be exposed to dirty nappies.

If you think about it though, plenty of children will stay at hotels, who likely wear nappies and/or drynites if they’re younger than 8. being a serial bedwetter until 12, I always wore drynites at hotels and my brother was still in nappies, i always remember it working logistically. Should be fine

Reactions: TigerDL
I bring along a bunch of "tall kitchen can" garbage bags. I put the diaper in it and tie the bag in a knot. I either take it out and put it in a dumpster myself or discreetly leave it in the bathroom can.

KrankyPants said:
Glad you won’t do it again, because of that I forgive you x

Put your used ones in plastic shopping bags and dump them in the trash cans around the beach, bathrooms around the dining areas etc.

Bezli said:
Put your used ones in plastic shopping bags and dump them in the trash cans around the beach, bathrooms around the dining areas etc.
Around the dining areas might not be the best place

Take it out of your room to the trash bin like everyone else. Simple.

nou2019 said:
Around the dining areas might not be the best
nou2019 said:
Around the dining areas might not be the best place
ı mean restroom trashes

Back