How to disguise an adult sized cot as something innocuous?

Prillprillprill

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
So my mum lives quite far away, but has said multiple times she plans on coming to visit be for an extended period of time next year after she retires. She will not be staying with me but somewhere else nearby.

So my problem is, I need to hide any evidence of my baby side. No easy task as I have a fully stocked nursery for myself. There's plenty of storage in the loft so I can hind most things up there, but the thing I cannot hide is my cot / crib. It is an adult single sized cot with 90cm high bars and a door painted pink and white that is pretty unmistakably babyish.

she will definitely ask for a house tour so way to suspicious to say don't go in that room (especially as I didn't show her via video call with the excuse it was messy.)

I could take it apart, but not easily and would be difficult to put back together. Any suggestions? I've been really stressing about this as the idea of her finding out about my lifestyle fills me with dread.

• Sad
Reactions: ozzy4605 and diapernh
My first thought (feel free to ignore if it’s a rubbish idea!) Is maybe surround it with cardboard boxes and say it’s stuff that’s in storage?

Reactions: Joeysms, Woncrinklz, CodyBaby and 1 other person
NappiedInSussex said:
My first thought (feel free to ignore if it’s a rubbish idea!) Is maybe surround it with cardboard boxes and say it’s stuff that’s in storage?
I thought of that too but I might need a lot of boxes. Could try and see how it looks. Knowing my mum she might insist on helping be unpack them ><

• Haha
Reactions: Woncrinklz
I like that idea! Maybe put all the stuff in boxes. And not in the loft! Much easier! Then it a room full of heavy boxes! Easy , when she gone , empty box's and your back where you were! (Reminds me of the "phill silvers show , sergeant bilko.)

Could tell your mum you packed those boxes because they being sent to a friends who wants the stuff you don't?

Reactions: Woncrinklz
Kittyinpink said:
Could tell your mum you packed those boxes because they being sent to a friends who wants the stuff you don't?
Ooh that's a good Idea. I could say may friend is keeping some stuff here while moving then she wouldn't touch them..

Thanks guys I guess I'll do that. Could only really use that once if she comes to visit again but by then maybe I'll have moved somewhere with a secret hidden room 😉

Reactions: denimchicken, LittlePrince, NappiedInSussex and 1 other person
Prillprillprill said:
Ooh that's a good Idea. I could say may friend is keeping some stuff here while moving then she wouldn't touch them..

Thanks guys I guess I'll do that. Could only really use that once if she comes to visit again but by then maybe I'll have moved somewhere with a secret hidden room 😉
Yup! Your idea sounds good! Chuck it in boxes, say its a freinds stuff! Genius! Love it! Hide in plain site!😊..

If possible Just lock the door don’t think about it’s nobody Business if questions are asked say it’s a home office or storage room

Can we see pics if you’re nursery ?

Reactions: sbmccue
Is it possible to take it apart partially and only taking off the bars? So you're left with a frame to put the mattress on, which you can then drape blankets over? I don't know how your crib in particular works, but in some cribs with round bars, the bars are loose, I think. Maybe you could even just take out the bars and door, leave the frame, and drape some tulle and fairy lights so it's a (slightly low, but whatever) canopy bed?

Not to be sarcastic, but what about the obvious? Rent a small storage unit. Depending on where you live, you can get a 5' X 10' X 7'(H) unit for under $50/month

DonnieDiaper said:
Not to be sarcastic, but what about the obvious? Rent a small storage unit. Depending on where you live, you can get a 5' X 10' X 7'(H) unit for under $50/month
that would require taking the cot apart though to get it there and back which she's trying to avoid. If it's been taking apart she could hide it at home under a sheet behind the boxes of other things no need for the storage unit.

Reactions: lilbabyjooce
Prillprillprill said:
adult single sized cot with 90cm high bars
Your so lucky i would kill for a cot or even a little go of one like yours 😢😢 i don't think it will ever happen tho sadly

Reactions: Prillprillprill
boyscanbelittle2 said:
If possible Just lock the door don’t think about it’s nobody Business if questions are asked say it’s a home office or storage room

Can we see pics if you’re nursery ?
There aren't locks on the doors. If it were just a friend that would work but my mum will expect to see every room.

I will post some pics in a bit. :)

AComputerGuy said:
Your so lucky i would kill for a cot or even a little go of one like yours 😢😢 i don't think it will ever happen tho sadly
I never thought it would happen for me either. I've been abdl for nearly 10years before I got a nursery

Reactions: abrich, denimchicken and AComputerGuy
Just tried to upload pics but sadly it won't let me cos of the file size :(

Figured it out! For those who wanted to see this is my nursery. It's a bit messy cos I was baby all yesterday 😅

The mat inform of the mirror is where I get changed. Behind that is my nappy shelf, with wipes power, creams etc. And a bowl where I keep my dummies.

The other mat is my play area, the 2 white straw boxes are where I keep my toys. I have a bunny sensory board and large unicorn called Luna who I also keep on the floor. There is a table with my dolls house on, and another with a shelf below for all my books. On top are my lamps. The bee lamp for lots of light and my fairy lamp with a fairy inside for a night light.

Then of course my cot. Custom made that I assembled myself with help from daddy. The room is also decorated with hello kitty pictures I coloured, and some stickers and wooden stick on pictures. A mobile with clouds and rainbows and suns. Also a rainbow wall art and some bunting I made (also hello kitty).
In the draws I keep extra blankets and more teddies, and in the wardrobe are my baby clothes and more nappies.

This is my happy place 😌
Glad I could show you
Screenshot_20220410-111218.pngScreenshot_20220410-111227.pngScreenshot_20220410-111038.pngScreenshot_20220410-111136.pngScreenshot_20220410-111235.pngScreenshot_20220410-111200.pngScreenshot_20220410-105432.pngView attachment 75877Screenshot_20220410-111049.pngScreenshot_20220410-111102.png

• Love
Reactions: abrich, ozzy4605, denimchicken and 11 others
OMG! that looks amazing, especially the cot well done putting that together, one problem with it though...

Not enough stuffies, you need a mountain of bears and animals to hide from daddy under.
I'd want to do some kind of fancy patterning on the walls too, wouldn't need to be much just like some little swirls and shapes. something like this

f5a126854b740394c95e619b52a84241--deco-wall-bedroom-art.jpg

Wall vinyl stickers

A Few questions/comments/suggestions based on the pictures presented:

1) Use a furniture cover like any of these: https://www.homedepot.com/b/Outdoors-Patio-Furniture-Patio-Furniture-Covers/N-5yc1vZbxbq
and stack boxes around it as previously suggested.

2) I'm guessing "That's a private room" isn't sufficient?

The important thing is to make the room as bland and uninteresting as possible, like "Oh this is just a spare room we haven't really done anything with yet, but let me show you the master bedroom where we have......." If you act like it's a big deal, they will too and wonder why you're so worried.

Reactions: DandyAndy
That nursery is amazing 😻 so jealous!

Back