Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Carer
After the first wetting, more specifically. I'm not sure if there's a timeframe, but I want to know just in case..! Is it unwise to sleep in a wet diaper? How can I prevent a rash as somebody who does not really have disposable income for supplies? I have various lotions that are not baby specific, but no oil or powder! Will probably pick these things up from the dollar store when I get a bit of money if I can find a way to take commissions without really being active on social media though so no worries :3!!

It depends on your skin. Everyone has different levels of sensitivity. For me, I just use baby powder and cloth backed disposables, and have no problem going to bed in a wet diaper and not changing until at least 10 to 12 hours later.

I avoid lotions. Those would probably irritate me. Too much processed crap. Also while I very occasionally use plastic backed disposables they seem to trap too much moisture for my skin's comfort, Although rashes are still rare for me even with those.

Reactions: DIAPERBOY920 and WOLFPUBBY
I tend to be able to tolerate wearing a wet diaper longer when I have powdered before putting it on (which I do almost every time). The only time I don't powder, is if I only plan to wear a thin diaper for a very short amount of time (for 1 wetting or less than 2 hours). Otherwise some lotion and power, especially around my leg and other high friction areas helps reduce irriation and redness. I wear a mix of plastic and cloth-backed high-capacity diapers, and usually wear anywhere from 4-8 hours during the day, depending on how much I am wetting, and 6-10 hours at night (and I always go to bed a little wet).

Reactions: WOLFPUBBY
I put on barrier cream. Never had any rash problem's.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, DIAPERBOY920 and WOLFPUBBY
lilSorcerer said:
It depends on your skin. Everyone has different levels of sensitivity. For me, I just use baby powder and cloth backed disposables, and have no problem going to bed in a wet diaper and not changing until at least 10 to 12 hours later.

I avoid lotions. Those would probably irritate me. Too much processed crap. Also while I very occasionally use plastic backed disposables they seem to trap too much moisture for my skin's comfort, Although rashes are still rare for me even with those.
it's very good that you use baby powder,but I have a question, do you use baby powder only on your butt or maybe you also use it on your penis?

DIAPERBOY920 said:
it's very good that you use baby powder,but I have a question, do you use baby powder only on your butt or maybe you also use it on your penis?
I use it on my whole diaper area, so butt, groin, pp, pelvic area, etc.

Reactions: DIAPERBOY920
For best skin care change every 4-6 hours
Keep it clean & dry
Change as soon as you wake up.
If you're having skin issues try Zinc Oxide cream. Giving you skin a breathing break helps too.
Clean the diaper area every change
apply powder to entire diaper area.
You should be fine.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, DIAPERBOY920, Seasonedcitizen and 2 others
I sleep all night in the same nappy which is soaking wet by morning. Plenty of Sudocreme keeps nappy rash down to a rare occurrence.

Reactions: DIAPERBOY920
Unless you're uncomfortable. Sorry, just kidding. I always use Desitin. Typically I sleep (~7-8 hours) in my diaper so in the morning it's pretty wet.
And I usually have a BM while sleeping. I actually don't know how long. And I wait about an hour to clean up and shower (sometimes I have another in the morning). After my shower I like to air out my skin for a 1/2 hour. During the day I usually change for ~ 5 hours (depending). Don't overdoing it.
Diaper rash sucks.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
Back