How long do you take to diaper up?

randy1959 said:
First let me say i think there is no right way nor wrong way to prep a diaper, i tried the fluffing technique, and granted for Northshore Supremes it is a requirement, aside from those i never fluff as i hate when the sap inside clumps and falls down between your legs and i have noticed breaking up the integrity of the diaper especially in the crotch from fluffing tends to encourage that.
I started fluffing my diaper before putting it on when I
started wearing Northshore Supremes.
But then I also tried it on the BetterDry, which is my night diaper
now and it does not break up the SAP or makes it clump.
But I'm also not going crazy on the fluffing process.

I fold it right down the center to create that channel that they
talk about and then when folded, I grab the diaper in the front
and rear part and lightly twist it two, three times.
Makes it more comfortable to wear, since I'm a side sleeper.

Reactions: RedPandaDL and chrischrischris
30-60 sec. Depends on type, do I will use powder or cream. Depend also is first diaper or am changing on new one. Also is it outside orat home. At home is more longer, no hurry.
In past was longer, but practice will speed up things

Last edited:
Reactions: littledub1955 and BobbiSueEllen
In the morning, going to work, It takes about 3-4 minutes.

I dry off from the shower, put some lotion on the "guys" and step back into the tub and puff some powder there. Next I open the diaper and roll it tightly from front top to back. Then I tug all the leak guards and crease the center lengthwise. After that I make the cross section of the front half like a horseshoe shape. This avoids the diaper from "W"-ing. Then I put the back on the small of my back and lean against the wall. I pull the front up through my legs and adjust the leak guards and piont down. I wtap the front wings around under tension and tape starting with the bottom two. I tuck the little extra flaps in too. Then I do the top tapes and flaps.
Now that it's done I quickly run my fingers through the leak guards and make sure the horseshoe cross section is good.

When I'm changing not in a time crunch I may take more like 7 minutes.

BobbiSueEllen said:
About 5 minutes
Is that the same 5 minutes they use in a football game ? 😆

• Haha
Reactions: littledub1955 and FudgedInLuvs
I take around a minute or so. Thats from taking the nappy out the pack, fluffing it in and putting it on. Usually can get the tapes right first time 😁

Reactions: RedPandaDL and BobbiSueEllen
I dont have to change into a new one since my issues are at night. Depends on what I'm wearing, Goodnites, give me about 10-15 seconds. Luvs, a few minutes to fluff the diaper (I roll front to back, back to front, then fold in the middle) maybe 20 seconds to quietly add my ConvertUps and another 20 to strap in and run my finger along the leg guards, call it 5 minutes depending on how loud the Velcro is feeling that night. Those horrendous Depends felt like they took forever with the 6 small tapes with no damn adhesive. Come to think of it, I do sorta miss the plain all white plastic shell diaper, maybe need to look into some low-mid level abenas, S2 or M2s...

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
15 minutes because I take my time cleaning up, leaking out to prevent peeing on myself, prepping the diaper etc and applying cream.
Now with shave burn and folliculitis i take half an hour at least because I air out the skin long until it calmed down

I sometimes take my time and powder up, get a perfect fit and tape position.

I mainly just put it on and crack on with my day... heathen I know, sorry 😂

Reactions: littledub1955, chamberpot, chrischrischris and 2 others
Depends on what's going on, sometimes less than a minute, other times I take a few minutes

Reactions: NappyCouple1980 and chrischrischris
Lyric said:
Well, luckily, I seldom have to change myself any longer. My girlfriend insists that she be the only one to change me , or occasionally her daughter or girlfriend if she's tied up doing something else. But since I only wear cloth prefolds and rubber pants, it does take a bit longer to take the wet ones and rubber pants off, clean and powder myself(if I have to do it myself), pin the fresh ones on securly-I use 2 ducky pins on each side-and pull up my rubber pants. So all in all probably 10-15 minutes depending on how much of a rush I'm in.
That's about how long it takes me too because I also only wear cloth diapers and put two pins on each side. I don't have anyone to change it for me though I wish I did. I don't like having to spend so much time changing and it's really difficult getting that perfect fit so I ordered 4 pairs of Boingos to make it easier for me yesterday. Can't wait till they get here.

It used to take me ages but I’m a bit of a Pro now. I tend to put them on standing up, using the wall to assist, opposite the bathroom mirror (which helps with tape positioning).

Reactions: littledub1955 and chrischrischris
no more then a few minutes

Reactions: littledub1955 and chrischrischris
Since I primarily wear pull ups, it takes me only about a minute for everything. Tape diapers take a bit longer though.

Reactions: chrischrischris
3-5 minutes for diapers with tabs cuz I fold them lengthwise, run my finger along the leakguard walls to ensure they're not stuck to the padding of the diapers, put the diapers on, pants on, and shoes on.

Reactions: chrischrischris
2-3 minutes depending how wet my diaper is

Reactions: littledub1955
Probably no more than a minute.

Reactions: littledub1955
Untape old one, roll it up, throw it out. Pull new one out, unfold it, and crease it down the middle, then fit it between my legs, tape the bottom tapes, then the top tapes, and roll the top of the diaper's extra plastic inwards and down. -- 30-45 seconds in total.

Reactions: littledub1955 and RedPandaDL
eastcoastdl said:
Untape old one, roll it up, throw it out. Pull new one out, unfold it, and crease it down the middle, then fit it between my legs, tape the bottom tapes, then the top tapes, and roll the top of the diaper's extra plastic inwards and down. -- 30-45 seconds in total.
Fast.

Back