How do you talk here?

Who do you reply to 1st when reading threads?

• I reply to the thread title 1st

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • I scroll through comments, reply to them, then make a new comment

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters

theancientmariner

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
All hands on deck!
I'm curious to see how many of us talk here. Do you reply to the thread 1st or reply to comments before the actual thread?
I always go through the comments 1st, read them, talk to people, then reply to the actual thread.

It’s a bit of both. I won’t necessarily reply to the comments on a thread I didn’t make unless one stands out. But I do make sure to read the thread and replies so I’m not repeating something that’s already been said (and usually when I do I’ll acknowledge when I’ve repeated something), and also enjoy seeing other takes/perspectives, especially when I see something I wouldn’t have thought of. Usually I’ll read through and react and decide if I’ll put in my two sense or say anything to anyone in particular from there.

Reactions: Cottontail
I usuaslly reply to the thread first then comments. Unless the threads has alot of comments

lilbabyjooce said:
It’s a bit of both. I won’t necessarily reply to the comments on a thread I didn’t make unless one stands out. But I do make sure to read the thread and replies so I’m not repeating something that’s already been said (and usually when I do I’ll acknowledge when I’ve repeated something), and also enjoy seeing other takes/perspectives, especially when I see something I wouldn’t have thought of. Usually I’ll read through and react and decide if I’ll put in my two sense or say anything to anyone in particular from there.
That's what it is. In the back of my mind I need to make sure what I'm about to type hasn't already been said. If it already has, I'll concur on what they said. That's probably the main reason I scroll through comments 1st. 2nd reason is sometimes I find the replies more intriguing than the main thread title. I love what people have to say here. This is my favorite place to have a coffee and joint, and chill. Especially since I won't have access to any soft, crinkley padded underwear until mid September.

Reactions: Cottontail and lilbabyjooce
Fyianneko said:
I usuaslly reply to the thread first then comments. Unless the threads has alot of comments
Sometimes I'll do that too. If there's a lot of replies I'll go through the 1st page 1st, read, quote others, THEN post a new comment.

Reactions: Fyianneko
Antientmariner said:
That's what it is. In the back of my mind I need to make sure what I'm about to type hasn't already been said. If it already has, I'll concur on what they said. That's probably the main reason I scroll through comments 1st. 2nd reason is sometimes I find the replies more intriguing than the main thread title. I love what people have to say here. This is my favorite place to have a coffee and joint, and chill. Especially since I won't have access to any soft, crinkley padded underwear until mid September.
Me too! I’ve found it to be a highlight in my day to come here and read what I missed all day. And oh dang!! Well I hope when mid September finally gets here it’ll be well worth the wait!

lilbabyjooce said:
Me too! I’ve found it to be a highlight in my day to come here and read what I missed all day. And oh dang!! Well I hope when mid September finally gets here it’ll be well worth the wait!
It always is. It always is. Last time I returned home from fishing, I wore a Trest Elite and it was THE ABSOLUTE BEST FEELING IN THE FREAKING WORLD! Baby powder, baby oil and diapee magic all added to the mix, and to top it all off, I had just purchased a really strong blunt from the dispensary and I was high, super duper happy, and padded like I've never been before. Those times are rare, and very memorable. I remember just sitting on cloud 9, happy as could be. Meanwhile, my friend who picked me up from the airport was vomiting his brains out because he took 1 little hit, and it made him sick as hell.

Reactions: lilbabyjooce
Bit of both for me. It may depend on how long the thread has been going when I first see it.

Reactions: Cottontail
I usually reply to the first comment/question in the thread and occasionally track on the new postings where I previously commented to see other additional input. Usually, it’s a one time thing where I make more than one or two additional replies on a single thread.

MetalDan86 said:
I usually reply to the first comment/question in the thread and occasionally track on the new postings where I previously commented to see other additional input. Usually, it’s a one time thing where I make more than one or two additional replies on a single thread.
I'm trying to climb my numbers up. Here on mobile, I don't know how many messages I have, but on my computer, it says right there under my name. (I don't want to know how many I have; I'm looking forward to seeing that when I return home). If I post twice or thrice , I see it as more opportunities for people to reply and opens more talkey talkey.

Sometimes I scroll thru different topics and comment other times I read thru and reply to topics just kinda back and fourth usually just look for topics I have some interest in

Reactions: theancientmariner
Neither answer really is right. Sometimes maybe I'll respond to the topic, or maybe the top post... Other times... I'll read comments, but when I do, I'll respond to the comments. Mostly I look for stuff that I want to respond to. And I mostly don't. Hm... Why? Questions to ask ourselves...

Back