How do you know when its full?

boommaker

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Hey Guys,

I'm struggling to know when my nappy is full, I usually change every 3 or 4 hours, but sometimes it seems to leak early, I guess some wets are bigger than others!

Any pointers for how to know when its full? I usually wear re-usables and I want to stop leaks!

TYIA!

Reactions: ChristianDiaperLover, Deleted member 57387 and DinoFrant
Regular checking and feeling of diaper

Reactions: Woncrinklz and Cottontail
Short of just changing more frequently, the only thing I can think to suggest is diaper-checking yourself regularly. Try to get a literal feel for what your diaper is like at different stages of wetness. When you leak, you'll know that the last feel was a sign of danger. :) I mostly wear prefolds. When they're dry, I can squeeze the front and it'll spring back. This springiness decreases with each wetting until it's almost gone. I've learned to gauge my chances of leaking by what my diaper feels like in front. It does vary from diaper to diaper, though. You kind of have to learn each one's signs.

I'm sure I tend to change more often than absolutely necessary, but then I have a stupid number of cloth diapers. Running out is never going to happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodnitesXL21, Dandelion and Woncrinklz
You would need a crystal ball to know exactly when a diaper will leak. I have had a diaper leak on the very first flood and have had others go a 12-hour shift and not leak. But as your experience grows you will start knowing which diaper works for you and which diaper doesn't as much. Currently I am using one of tykables high capacity diapers with one of their boosters. All week I have been working in these diapers and have not had one leap during a day.

boommaker said:
Hey Guys,

I'm struggling to know when my nappy is full, I usually change every 3 or 4 hours, but sometimes it seems to leak early, I guess some wets are bigger than others!

Any pointers for how to know when its full? I usually wear re-usables and I want to stop leaks!

TYIA!
I´m not really sure either because I´ve only worn my re-usable twice... since I just got my first-ever last week and have over-saturated it both times rather mindlessly.

I do know, though, that if you hear splashing sounds whenever you move, then it´s definitely full...

• Haha
Reactions: TigerDL
When I'm standing in a puddle. but for real tho I just wait until I feel like I have to change idk how but I kinda just know most of the time, sometimes it does leak but not often and if it does leak it's a minor one so which I don't mind

• Haha
Reactions: Deleted member 57387 and CodyBaby
JoeRelax said:
Usually when you start feeling the back of your diaper wet higher and higher, its time to change.🌧️🌧️🌧️🌧️🌧️🌧️🌧️
i cant get the back of my diapers to wick to the back with out leaking

• Wow
Reactions: Deleted member 57387
I can usually wet my diaper no more than 3 times before I start to leak depending on how much I pee.
So if I’ve peed my diaper 3 times and haven’t pooped I have to tell my wife it’s time for a change.

I change when it feels uncomfortable.

Reactions: Deleted member 57387 and Jonnythepony
JoeRelax said:
Try using BetterDrys or Abenas, they wick evenly. I have tried alot of diaper brands and alot do not wick properly
oh ok thankankys

JoeRelax said:
Try using BetterDrys or Abenas, they wick evenly. I have tried alot of diaper brands and alot do not wick properly
i cant rember is it crinkels a betterdry with a print
or is my memmory mixing up stuf

Last edited:
JoeRelax said:
You are correct!, Crinkles are a BetterDry with prints.
oooooo me haphap cause i have an order of 60 of thos comming :D

• Love
When I'm at home I can tell my diapers full when I feel that little trickle of pee leaking down my leg. I'm a little more careful when I'm out in public, I usually discreetly pat my diaper and try to judge it that way. It's not a perfect way to be sure and even being cautious sometimes your still going to have leaks, just part of wetting.

Reactions: jamiejamie
I am accustomed to wearing the same diapers and have gotten familiar with their capacities over the years. After years of needing them, you become accustomed to them. What I usually do is keep a mental note of my fluid intake, and compare that with the "usual range" of the diaper/diapers I am wearing. While I don't recommend limiting fluid intake, if I need to wear without changing for a certain amount of time, it's either keep track of how much I drink, or wear a more absorbent diaper or booster. It's been a long time since I've reached a diaper's capacity outside of my house without being prepared.

Thanks guys, some useful tips there!

Reactions: Deleted member 57387 and NappiedTruckDriver
Back