How do I tape ABDL diapers so they look more like a diaper?

SpacemanSpiff

Procrastinator Extraordinare
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I'm starting to wear ABDL diapers a lot more, and I think I'm doing it wrong. It seems like I have so much material sticking out everywhere. The diaper looks like a poorly wrapped Christmas present when I have it on. Is there something I'm missing? Is there a secret fold or something everyone does that stops little pieces of the plastic from sticking out top and bottom? I dont think its a sizing issue, because I like the coverage amount. Any advice would be great. Thanks!

Just an FYI, I've tried LittleForBig, LandofGenie, Little Kings, and Bambino Classicos. I feel like it's the same for all of them. Maybe better with the Little Kings because they're not plastic-backed.

• Haha
Reactions: mantilla and Jorelaxed
Smooth the flaps out even as your taping.

SpacemanSpiff said:
It seems like I have so much material sticking out everywhere. The diaper looks like a poorly wrapped Christmas present when I have it on. Is there something I'm missing? Is there a secret fold or something everyone does that stops little pieces of the plastic from sticking out top and bottom?

I know what you mean. I honestly think that most of the ABDL diapers have a weird shape. There is too much "material" bellybutton-wise and also near the hips. I can wrap it around to the inside - gives me the look I prefer, but it's not satisfactory.

Last edited:
Reactions: JamisonFTM and SpacemanSpiff
are you wearing the correct size? are the tapes from other side touching or crossing over in the middle when you do them up?

This sounds like a sizing issue. Pictures would help tremendously.

Well...

LRHG-1.jpg

I tend to run a size up in diapers so they tape closer toward the front: lay down, diaper under bottom, up between open legs, down on tummy. I get the bottom tapes, hike them over & up at a 45-degree angle, snugging around my bottom. Then, the top tapes, as horizontal and snug as possible (they may overlap the bottom diaper tapes). There's plenty of leg movement in all directions, your diaper gets a toddlery "waistband" effect...and looks extremely babyish. Toddle-waddle-crinkle! 🤗🧸🍼🥰

Last edited:
Reactions: babyboy10, yellowcrayons and lilcamper
That’s what diapers look like. If you want it to be more streamlined, I’d fold the top and bottom wings inward so that they dont appear to be sticking out.

Reactions: lilcamper, Scott729 and Spankedanddiapered
jamiejamie said:
That’s what diapers look like. If you want it to be more streamlined, I’d fold the top and bottom wings inward so that they dont appear to be sticking out.
That’s exactly what I was gonna say

I fall between medium and large. This happens if I'm wearing a large. I like having the tapes in the front but it does leave excessive overlap. ABU seems to run a little smaller than other abdl diapers so that's likely why it's less of an issue. You can either try a smaller size or tuck things in all pretty like. Also, it does get better with practice.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
SpacemanSpiff said:
…looks like a poorly wrapped Christmas present…
Absolutely! I found your description hilarious, but probably quite accurate. Usually I wear a medical brand (much neater and tidier — and cheaper), but occasionally an ABDL style, and yup, there's a noticeable amount of untucked extra on some of them.

Ah well, time to go and "get sputniked" (diapered up) ready for my day ahead.

This is relatable. I can't wait for more specific insight x) I feel like my dependecos (velcro tapes on a cloth all-in-one diaper) give me practice for disposables with tapes -- I've only ever tried one kind of those so far though. So!

Last edited:
1714245033410.png

Here's my biggest problem with diaper brands and even normal clothes brands for that matter, every brand is stuck on the idea they always need a thin model. I'm a chubby guy around 220 lbs and these diaper models make me feel so bad when I check to see how a diaper is supposed to be worn. I got a decent sized belly and the diaper obviously never looks like the advertisement.

puddlefeet said:
View attachment 135125

Here's my biggest problem with diaper brands and even normal clothes brands for that matter, every brand is stuck on the idea they always need a thin model. I'm a chubby guy around 220 lbs and these diaper models make me feel so bad when I check to see how a diaper is supposed to be worn. I got a decent sized belly and the diaper obviously never looks like the advertisement.
Modeling is obsessed with that because they're in firm denial of the fact that North America has an overweight issue. Not obesity...overweight. But in a bit of defense, who's to say where the lines are drawn?

BobbiSueEllen said:
Modeling is obsessed with that because they're in firm denial of the fact that North America has an overweight issue. Not obesity...overweight. But in a bit of defense, who's to say where the lines are drawn?
No lines have to be drawn, but it'd be nice for us bigger babies 👶

On that note, a healthier baby is fatter anyway 😂

• Thinking
puddlefeet said:
On that note, a healthier baby is fatter anyway 😂
Well...chub is expected; in fact, it's vital. But it angers me to no small degree that more and more people these days are obsessed with thin babies, toddlers & preschoolers. It' a mental illness on such parents' part. I've read horror stories in the newspapers regarding the issue. It's tragic.

Yes, being overweight is not necessarly good for you (Adults) and also neither is being too skinny and not getting the right vitamins and such in your diet.

The problem IMHO is that the western culture has went to form fitting clothing and then the ONLY way to change ones apperance is through diet and usually not a good diet.

Look back in time a bit, the popular figure was made from the clothing, and there was plenty of layers and also padding, and whilst there may have been a few extreme people that abused the clothing like corset (which men back in time wore them too especially riding and in the military).

But, the figure of a person was dictated through clothing and clothing is easier to make do what you want than is you actual body.

Now, there is nowhere for anyone to hide anything they dont like, for both men and women's clothing its an issue.

Yes, the media prints pics of tiny people and even then photoshops them to death, and then people try to look like that with carying with the photoshop plugin on thier person :)

But, really most all the media you see has been modified, a nip here a tuck there, and a smothing here. To the point that most use on live streams as well.

Then when the general public looks in the mirror and doesnt see that filter, they often go one way or the other...Forget about it i can look good anyway and pull out the icecream or starve themself to try to acheive what is literally near impossible to do.

I dont have a solution outside everyone just telling the media to screw off and maybe boycot anyplace that touches up photos or uses unrealistic models in the print...but that would be 99% of the industry at this point.

So, back on topic.

Diapers look like diapers, and if you want to look like the model you would ahve to be built like the model, and that is usually not realistic, and IMHO not wise to try to acheive a models body as most have some form of eaing disorder and/or lack of nutriants or similar.

You might be doing this already, but you could try getting diapers with velcro tapes (as opposed to sticky adhesive) and try adjusting the diaper to your liking after taping it on to see if you can get the fit you want and/or try experimenting different ways of taping it on to see if you can get a better fit.

Back