How did your diaper life start?

steviet

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I knew at around age 4 that I wanted to stay in diapers. I have heard form some members already how it began for them. I'd love to hear more stories of what got you started and when.

Reactions: SoFloDL, JackandJill, caringmomdl and 2 others
When I was 5 it surfaced. Hut my brothers were out of them by then. Never knew the adult ones existed until I was at a convenience store and saw depends sample packs of 2 when I was maybe 14 or 15. I picked one of them up and saw a diaper diagram on the back along with the measurements that suggested they fit me. My heart literally skipped a beat and I bought all three mediums without caring what the clerk thought. My heart raced all the way home and tried one on because i had the whole house to myself. This was back when the depends were a green plastic. I was in heaven and knew i needed to get more

Reactions: wiliawi, cprdr and steviet
Could be a long story but I'll try to keep it brief. I was a bit late potty training so I was still wearing diapers often enough when I was 3 that I remember being changed on the changing table. After my mom finally nixed the diapers there were times I would go into my closet and purposely wet/soil myself because I guess I liked the feeling and the attention it got me. When I was 4 I stopped wetting the bed accidentally, but I kept doing it on purpose for months. Around 4-5 I was in some kind of daycare while my mom was taking classes and I was having real accidents because I was too shy to ask the adults to go to the bathroom, and my mom threatened to put me back in diapers if I didn't stop it. I was surprised they made diapers for kids my age and I considered continuing to have accidents on purpose to get the diapers but I didn't follow through. Well into my school age years like 6-8 if I was outside playing in the backyard and had to pee/poop I would just let it go in my pants and then refuse to come inside to get changed. My mom would end up bringing a bucket of soapy water and sponge outside the would clean me off right in the backyard, and that thrilled me. A few times I purposely wet my pants at school just because it seemed like a fun idea, it felt nice and it meant I could get out of class, I didn't even care if kids made fun of me for it. When I was about 8 I was away on a summer camp and found out my friend was a bedwetter and wore diapers at night. He was pleasantly surprised when instead of mocking him for it I got super interested in his diapers and wanted to touch them and try them on. After that I was hooked and started trying to make my own diapers out of towels. I think I was 13 when I finally managed to buy my own goodnites.

Reactions: wiliawi, MostlyDL1, sinceiwassmall and 4 others
Mom was a stay at home mom back in the early 50's. She babysat 2 small children, a brother around 3 yr. and a sister around 2 yrs. old.
The girl was still in diapers 24/7 and her brother still had to be diapered at bed time. Their mother was working rotating shifts so the kids would stay over night sometimes. I was about 5~6 yrs. old at the time, I watched mom change diapers throughout the day and bathe them in the evening before bed time. Then it was diapers and jammies for both and into bed. In someway, thinking back now, I was feeling a little bit detached from mom and dad was out on the road for up to two weeks at a time with his job. So at night time while mom was getting the little ones ready for bed, I would dress myself in as many boys "whitey tighties" under pants as I could put on, I'm guessing 8 to 10 pairs, then put on my pajamas over them, quickly turn out my bedroom light and hop into bed. At some point mom would come into my room to check on me and kiss me goodnight not being aware that I was thickly padded and imagining to be her little diaper boy once again. I'm 70 yrs. old now and I still wear cloth diapers and plastic pants to bed as often as possible.

Many ABDL's (myself included) have had to struggle with this desire to be a diaper baby much of our lives and have had to deal with all the limiting factors while hiding it from everyone else. Today I am able to rejoice in my very comforting baby mode (sometimes for hours) because my wife and 2 adult children know what I do and don't judge me for what I love. I'M FREE TO BE ME!

Reactions: tam1623, Bobindiapers, sinceiwassmall and 7 others
I had a tummy bug when i was 6 and my mom said she would put me in a diaper that night just to be safe.

Then later she changed her mind :(

Thats the first thing i remember!

for me its kind of a different tale I was diapered due to potty resistant untill I was 12 in truth I was admittedly scared of the potty, I mean petrified but my fiends convinced me to start potty-training but I was still very reluctant and wore a mix of youth diapers and youth pull-ups until 16, because even then I still wasn't using the potty at all, but then because of my parents I had to commit to the potty and give up diapers, though I've kept a stash and went back to them and now regally wear them when I can, I hope though to wear them 24/7. now days I just say I was lazy because I never really wanted to admit I was frightened of the potty

Last edited:
Reactions: Dlathrt, mansfieldboi, Halibut and 6 others
SeniorDL said:
Mom was a stay at home mom back in the early 50's. She babysat 2 small children, a brother around 3 yr. and a sister around 2 yrs. old.
The girl was still in diapers 24/7 and her brother still had to be diapered at bed time. Their mother was working rotating shifts so the kids would stay over night sometimes. I was about 5~6 yrs. old at the time, I watched mom change diapers throughout the day and bathe them in the evening before bed time. Then it was diapers and jammies for both and into bed. In someway, thinking back now, I was feeling a little bit detached from mom and dad was out on the road for up to two weeks at a time with his job. So at night time while mom was getting the little ones ready for bed, I would dress myself in as many boys "whitey tighties" under pants as I could put on, I'm guessing 8 to 10 pairs, then put on my pajamas over them, quickly turn out my bedroom light and hop into bed. At some point mom would come into my room to check on me and kiss me goodnight not being aware that I was thickly padded and imagining to be her little diaper boy once again. I'm 70 yrs. old now and I still wear cloth diapers and plastic pants to bed as often as possible.

Many ABDL's (myself included) have had to struggle with this desire to be a diaper baby much of our lives and have had to deal with all the limiting factors while hiding it from everyone else. Today I am able to rejoice in my very comforting baby mode (sometimes for hours) because my wife and 2 adult children know what I do and don't judge me for what I love. I'M FREE TO BE ME!
Wow, your story reminded me of a similar activity when I was 6 or 7. At bedtime, I too would put on several pairs of underpants to get the padded feeling. I remember once taking small round pieces of tinker toys and stuffing them inside to create the just pooped effect. I'm a senior DL also, and just recently told my wife. I've been "playing" secretly all these years. She hasn't accepted my DL side so being able to talk about it helps more than you can imagine. You are a very fortunate man. Please keep in touch. Steviet

Lonelydl said:
When I was 5 it surfaced. Hut my brothers were out of them by then. Never knew the adult ones existed until I was at a convenience store and saw depends sample packs of 2 when I was maybe 14 or 15. I picked one of them up and saw a diaper diagram on the back along with the measurements that suggested they fit me. My heart literally skipped a beat and I bought all three mediums without caring what the clerk thought. My heart raced all the way home and tried one on because i had the whole house to myself. This was back when the depends were a green plastic. I was in heaven and knew i needed to get more
I remember those green Depends. I enjoyed them too. As a senior DL, I was raised in cloth diapers, have always wanted to be in diapers and still get an incredible thrill pinning them on and pulling on my plastic panties. Just thinking about itmakes my heart speed up. Thanks for your response.

Reactions: Lyric and Carnifex
Rave1 said:
Could be a long story but I'll try to keep it brief. I was a bit late potty training so I was still wearing diapers often enough when I was 3 that I remember being changed on the changing table. After my mom finally nixed the diapers there were times I would go into my closet and purposely wet/soil myself because I guess I liked the feeling and the attention it got me. When I was 4 I stopped wetting the bed accidentally, but I kept doing it on purpose for months. Around 4-5 I was in some kind of daycare while my mom was taking classes and I was having real accidents because I was too shy to ask the adults to go to the bathroom, and my mom threatened to put me back in diapers if I didn't stop it. I was surprised they made diapers for kids my age and I considered continuing to have accidents on purpose to get the diapers but I didn't follow through. Well into my school age years like 6-8 if I was outside playing in the backyard and had to pee/poop I would just let it go in my pants and then refuse to come inside to get changed. My mom would end up bringing a bucket of soapy water and sponge outside the would clean me off right in the backyard, and that thrilled me. A few times I purposely wet my pants at school just because it seemed like a fun idea, it felt nice and it meant I could get out of class, I didn't even care if kids made fun of me for it. When I was about 8 I was away on a summer camp and found out my friend was a bedwetter and wore diapers at night. He was pleasantly surprised when instead of mocking him for it I got super interested in his diapers and wanted to touch them and try them on. After that I was hooked and started trying to make my own diapers out of towels. I think I was 13 when I finally managed to buy my own goodnites.
You were incredibly brave to pee/poop while in school. I could never have done that. I would daydream in school about diapers, then rush home to hide away and poop in whatever makeshift diaper I could come up with. I did that all through grade school and junior high. I tried to stay away from diapers in high school because I did want to have fun with girls but I'd break down and regress. It was meant to be that I would always be a DL. I don't poop as often anymore but I do love to just the same. If I'm wearing disposables, pooping is OK, but I like to keep my cloth diapers just for pee if possible. Thanks for your response and stay in touch. Best to you...steviet

Reactions: Lyric, adamtoddles and Rave1
crooke3 said:
I had a tummy bug when i was 6 and my mom said she would put me in a diaper that night just to be safe.

Then later she changed her mind :(

Thats the first thing i remember!
Were you disappointed that she didn't diaper you? Had you already fantasized about wearing diapers again at age 6?

I learned to walk at the age of 13 months: that is when my mom bought me a potty chair and tried to potty train me. It didn't work. At the age of 13 months, I still peed and pooped my pants, so my mom returned me to diapers.

Then she tried again when I was 2 years old. But even with "some" control, I still dirtied my pants without using the potty chair. Then, after a week or two of poopy training pants, my mom got really angry and put me back in diapers and rubber pants.

I vividly remembered what she said: "If you want to poop your pants like a baby, then you can wear diapers like a baby."

My mom kept me in diapers and rubber pants until I was 5 years old.

I had always remembered that day, vividly, when she put me back in diapers. But honestly, I had always wondered if it was just my own imagination that gave me that memory.......

.... and then I asked my mom directly: Did you put me back in diapers at the age of 2 for pooping my pants?
I expected my mom would say no, but to my shock and surprise, she described the memory exactly how I remembered it, right down to the last detail of powdering my bottom with baby powder. My mom told that she "had no choice" but to put me back in diapers and rubber pants and keep me in diapers until I was 5 because, quote, "you wouldn't stop peeing and pooping your pants and I didn't want you to ruin the carpet or furniture so I put you back in diapers and rubber pants."

Then later, when I was 6 years old, and had been out of diapers for about a year, I was playing at a friend's house when his baby brother pooped his pants in the living room and my friend's mom changed his poopy diaper right there in front of us. I vividly remember the smell of poop that filled the living room that day and how my friend's mom kept smiling this motherly smile as she changed her son's poopy diaper right there in front of us. At that point, watching his mom wipe and powder his baby brother's poopy bottom, I knew deep inside of me that I wanted to be a baby again in diapers messing my pants for my mommy.

That's when I knew: at the age of 6, watching my friend's mom change a poopy diaper. 😇

Last edited:
Reactions: Backwords, tam1623, sinceiwassmall and 2 others
steviet said:
Were you disappointed that she didn't diaper you? Had you already fantasized about wearing diapers again at age 6?

I guess i was because i never stopped thinking about it since!

I dont have any other memories from back then about diapers but it developed pretty quickly into stuffing my undies with toilet roll and looking for diapers at friends houses

Rave1 said:
When I was about 12, a family was renting a summer cottage next to my house. They had several kids, but the youngest one who was about 6, would have pee/poop accidents during the day while outside playing. His mother would clean him up and that was all but every night she would put cloth diapers and plastic pants on him before bed and all of us kids in the neighborhood knew that. The other kids sort of made fun of him but I just wanted to see him in diapers and be his friend. After his mother diapered him he would have to stay inside for the night but he would come to the window of his room to show me and I could just see the top of his diaper and plastic pants. Then I would rush to my hiding place, put on a makeshift diaper, pull up my underpants and poop. That was so long ago, but I never forgot those times.

Reactions: tam1623, sinceiwassmall, Blekyss and 2 others
BusyBritches said:
I learned to walk at the age of 13 months: that is when my mom bought me a potty chair and tried to potty train me. It didn't work. At the age of 13 months, I still peed and pooped my pants, so my mom returned me to diapers.

Then she tried again when I was 2 years old. But even with "some" control, I still dirtied my pants without using the potty chair. Then, after a week or two of poopy training pants, my mom got really angry and put me back in diapers and rubber pants.

I vividly remembered what she said: "If you want to poop your pants like a baby, then you can wear diapers like a baby."

My mom kept me in diapers and rubber pants until I was 5 years old.

I had always remembered that day, vividly, when she put me back in diapers. But honestly, I had always wondered if it was just my own imagination that gave me that memory.......

.... and then I asked my mom directly: Did you put me back in diapers at the age of 2 for pooping my pants?
I expected my mom would say no, but to my shock and surprise, she described the memory exactly how I remembered it, right down to the last detail of powdering my bottom with baby powder. My mom told that she "had no choice" but to put me back in diapers and rubber pants and keep me in diapers until I was 5 because, quote, "you wouldn't stop peeing and pooping your pants and I didn't want you to ruin the carpet or furniture so I put you back in diapers and rubber pants."

Then later, when I was 6 years old, and had been out of diapers for about a year, I was playing at a friend's house when his baby brother pooped his pants in the living room and my friend's mom changed his poopy diaper right there in front of us. I vividly remember the smell of poop that filled the living room that day and how my friend's mom kept smiling this motherly smile as she changed her son's poopy diaper right there in front of us. At that point, watching his mom wipe and powder his baby brother's poopy bottom, I knew deep inside of me that I wanted to be a baby again in diapers messing my pants for my mommy.

That's when I knew: at the age of 6, watching my friend's mom change a poopy diaper. 😇
that is a really touching story i'm surprised that you developed the desires to be a baby again at such a young age I knew I started wanting to be a baby again when I fully potty-trained when I was 16, and started waking up in dry diapers and realised this ment goodbye to diapers completely save my stash I hid away when I managed to stay dry at night for a month. I shall give you a hug sir or madam!!!

Reactions: BusyBritches
littlekyro said:
that is a really touching story i'm surprised that you developed the desires to be a baby again at such a young age I knew I started wanting to be a baby again when I fully potty-trained when I was 16, and started waking up in dry diapers and realised this ment goodbye to diapers completely save my stash I hid away when I managed to stay dry at night for a month. I shall give you a hug sir or madam!!!
Thanks. Actually a lot of ABDLs that I know personally first felt these feelings between the ages of 5 to 9. A few years ago Dr. John Money wrote a book called, "Love Maps" which documents that at a young age we often become what we are. 🤔

I am also a senior citizen.. and like other here would wear many pair of tighty whities and wet in them , I have no remembrance of being diapered as a baby. but I know I was wetting the bed on purpose from 5 or 6 on, I wet at least once a week or more all throughout my childhood always on purpose, during the day i would often go to my special place that i used for wetting my pants and put on old peed in pants and re wet them time after time. I continued wetting the bed off and on throughout my 20's always when I drank to much , my wife thought I wet cause I was drunk although I always wet on purpose. I was still wearing many layers of tighty whities off and on and wetting them, washing them and putting them away without my wife knowing. always whenever I got a new package of the tighty whities I would wear all of them at once and wet them as soon as I had the free time.. I still do that pretty often, along around thirty i quit drinking but didn't quit wetting the bed ,, my wife put up with it and kept the mattress protected after replacing a few of them. I think it must of been around 45 when i bought my first bag of depends, those green six tap ones, I remember it well I went to town and stopped a rite-aid and bought them , went out to my pickup in the parking lot and put one on, pull my pants back up over them and wet them right there in the lot, Well I was very excited and sticking straight up, poking out the top and I soaked myself all the way to my neck, it was really funny but I just couldn't stop. fast forward to now and I have been 24/7 for last 2 years sort of have a reason form BPH but really could control if I had to, just enjoy not having to. Oh ya always enjoyed a good mess every so often also and still do either diapered or in my briefs and jeans when the opportunity presents its-self like it did while I mowing the lawn yesterday.

Reactions: Wetshisbed, steviet, BusyBritches and 1 other person
Have always been wanting to wear diapers, ever since I was 3 or 4, I never wanted to stop and always tried to get my hands on some, which wasn’t often in my childhood.

Flash forward to adulthood, I lived alone for years and I have no idea why but I never thought to buy pull-ups or more importantly adult diapers, I didn’t know they existed and I thought depends were just like maxi pads or something.

Fast forward to January 2019, I stumbled upon Rearz and I wasn’t even looking for diapers at all.

It hit me... holy crap there are others like me AND there’s a market for not only adult diapers but ABDL printed diapers, ohhhh myyy goddd

My life changed that day and I’ve been secretly wearing diapers for 8 months now.

Reactions: Blekyss, Ralphie, steviet and 3 others
I knew early on, around 4 or so, different experiences with my Mom and through life. I just kept going to diapers as my comfort and relief. It holds true today... I feel much much better, more relaxed more at ease if I am diapered. My wife plays a big part of that though, she is wonderful about taking care of me and giving me the TLC that goes with it.

Reactions: SeniorDL, Lyric, ABdrew and 1 other person
I was 5 when I knew. I was potty trained late like some at age 3 1/2. I vividly remember people changing me but I never knew what they were doing lol. I stayed in pull ups until I was 4 for just in case accidents which never happened. Fast forward a year I was in kindergarten. Everyone except one boy was potty trained. He had Down syndrome and we ironically shared the same name. He wore diapers daily and I remember whatever activity we were doing he would get up stand in the corner and poop all the time. The class laughed at him and I felt this burning rage of jealousy he was able to do it and I couldn’t. My desires got so bad I remember when I was 6 I would purposely poop my pants. My mom got so mad at me but knew what I was after and never bought any diapers. After this I used makeshift ones until I bought my own many years later and now I wear 24/7 by choice and by need as well.

Reactions: Rave1 and steviet
You were very brave to poop on purpose like that. I wanted to but was afraid of being laughed at by my friends, so I would rush home after school, put on a makeshift diaper of some kind, pull up my whitey tighties and poop.

Reactions: pdiapered
Back