Hotel & diapers

Mas16210

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
With starting to wear 24/7 and work, I am often traveling and in hotels. What are the best tips besides tipping the hotel staff. I definitely tip the staff well and bag the diapers separately.

Reactions: Angelapinks
Bagging your diapers separately is a good start, but also, try to dispose of them yourself; if you're able to access their outside dumpster, use that, or an internal trash chute if that's what's available, but I'd still prefer to dispose directly in the dumpster if I can. This isn't truly necessary if you wear for need, but if you wear because you want to, try to do your best to limit the staffs exposure to your diapers, including keeping your supplies stocked in your bag/suitcase or in the provided drawers.

Last edited:
Depending on how long I am going to be at a hotel I have either packed my diapers or had them shipped to the hotel waiting for me at the front desk when I checked in. Of course they were discreet in an unmarked box. I also pack some plastic bags. All my wet and messy diapers are wrapped up in the plastic bag and disposed of in trash just outside the hotel entrance. I am too self conscious and considerate so I don't like to leave wet and soiled diapers even wrapped up in a plastic bag in my room for room service to dispose of.

Reactions: queenb416
I'm also a frequent hotel customer. As you said, if I stay multiple days, I ask to send a pack of diapers directly to the hotel (usually a Northshore order).
Then I put the pack in the bathroom for convenience. My used ones (only #1) are rolled and wrapped up in a plastic bag and disposed in the trash of the bathroom. Nobody cares and they prefer to see used diapers in the trash than having to change the bedsheets....

I used to throw them outside in the past but now, I don't care anymore.

During one travel, they didn't remove the trash from my room during 2 days and I asked the frontdesk to send someone to remove it, there were maybe 6-7 dips waiting to be collected. I just got excuses from the frontdesk, no other remarks at all. I think they probably see much more diapers than we can imagine!

If someone is working in a hotel, they might confirm that probably a more than expected percentage of customers needs to be protected (diapers in the trash or wet beds)...

Reactions: Mas16210
I always bag and remove my diapers instead of leaving them for house keeping. It's also a good idea to let the management know if you are a bed wetter and take the proper precautions like pee proof diaper covers and bed pads. If you do wet the bed you are not only responsible for cleaning cost but possibly mattress replacement ( found out the hard way). Many hotels have covered mattress and will be happy to accommodate you.

As others have said, hotel staff have seen it all. My wife and I just leave my used diapers in the trash in the room and they are gone when we come back. It’s embarrassing but they definitely have seen it before!

• Wow
Reactions: Jk95, wetnights and Mas16210
I just put mine in the outside trash can

Reactions: SoggyTyke
On a recent trip, I bought some small plastic garbage bags for my used diapers and I would throw them away every morning in an outside trash can. I didn’t feel right dragging hotel staff in on my fetish.

Reactions: Deleted member 57387 and SoggyTyke
My last short hotel stay, I bagged up the messy one and took a walk to the nearest public rubbish bin. The two heavy wet ones were discreetly disposed of in a similar way the following morning.

I have on occasion visited a few of the large strip hotels in Vegas for tradeshows and all those properties are multi-story hotels. My trick was early every morning or late at night I'd securely wrap and drop the non-see-thru bag into the communal area trash can. They're located in various places on each floor usually off to the side in some cubby area. Yes, said space might be in an area adjacent to vending machines or at the end of the hall but done correctly, no one would have any idea once dropped into the bottom of a large dark trash can.
I do not wear for need.
That for me has been full proof. As I'm a hard-core night owl, simply walking down the hall at odd early morning hours is great. I certainly agree with others who suggest walking outside at some point with discrete packaging and looking for an external dumpster.
I for one would see it as horrifying to leave them in a bathroom trashcan. That's a hard-pass for me but to each their own.
I just see it as a standard practice, regardless of method as unseen, unheard, unknown and your good.

My mommy caretaker has her daughter with us when staying in hotels, so seeing diapers in our room afterwards is never that awkward or anything. She always bags our diapers seperately from the normal trash and takes it to the dumpster if she can but sometimes leaves it in the room if we're in a hurry.

Currently on vacation and stopped at a motel. Gonna be leaving with a couple used diapers tied up in a small bag and take them with me. I'll hit a trash can at a rest area. Nones the wiser.

I always just roll them up tightly tie them in a bag and put them in the bathroom trashcan they always have a plastic bag in them and I am sure that the staff has seen diapers on many occasions, No one is going to be digging though the trash can to see what sort of treasured they can find. I am sure that a family traveling with several children in diapers don't feel as they need to sneak the diapers off site into some hidden receptacle so no one know somebody was diapered. sometime we worry to much about things that are everyday issues .

During Covid whenever I worked away and stayed in a hotel I take some nappies with me. Mainly due to the fact I couldn't wear at home as my wife was furloughed.
As soon as I'd finish work I'd go for dinner with my colleagues then head back to my room, shower and then pad up. At first I'd take them with me and dispose off them when I got an opportunity.
After a few stats I just double bagged them and left them in the bathroom bin. As others have said the issue is they're small, only hold two to three nappies maximum. Bin was always emptied when I returned to the room the next day without issue.

Reactions: chamberpot
When I stay in a hotel, I always put my used diapers in a thin plastic bag and then throw them in the trash can in the bathroom. There have never been any problems or questions about that. In two cases, I was given a larger trash can in the bathroom without being asked. That was very nice!
I see no reason to dispose of my diapers anywhere outside. I take care of hygiene with the plastic bags. In this respect, it shouldn't matter to the staff whether they take feminine hygiene products, baby diapers or incontinence diapers out of the trash can. Of course, I always leave a tip, too.

Reactions: CptKirk
When my wife and I are staying at a hotel for a few days, we make arrangements with the hotel for diaper laundry service, since I only wear cloth diapers and rubber pants. Never had a problem with wearing diapers when traveling and staying at a hotel. If I'm only staying for a night, I just bring as many diapers as I may need, along with plastic bag for storing my used diapers. I only wet my diapers, not mess when traveling.

thediaperedhusband said:
As others have said, hotel staff have seen it all. My wife and I just leave my used diapers in the trash in the room and they are gone when we come back. It’s embarrassing but they definitely have seen it before!
I usually do this for short stays, but bag them up and leave them next to the tiny garbage can. Housekeeping is much better at finding the garbage can than me.

For week long stays or longer, I bag them up and take them to the dumpster.

Granted because of my job I can't wear diapers 24/7 - 365 but.... diaper disposal has never been an issue for me. I do like to have a separate trash bag to keep them in so my room doesn't smell as bad. When I travel, I usually take spare bags to put my diapers in, but I just put that bag in the normal cans for the staff to throw out.

I stay around 50+ nights in a hotel every year and am always diapered. I just throw them out in whatever trash can the hotel decides to provide in my room. Whether it is beer cans, condoms, or diapers, it is not my fault if a hotel decides to provide insufficient trash cans in a room that I am paying for. I absolutely do not go to the extra effort of disposing of my diapers elsewhere outside of the room. I do think it is important to tip the housekeepers, and do, but that has nothing to do with the fact that I wear diapers.

Reactions: TabaCrate, Mas16210 and chamberpot
Back