Hospital

babyraggydolls

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I got to get myself to the hospital in the morning, my knees have gotten worse, something cracked inside it and I felt like I was passing out from the pain, I couldn’t make it to the bathroom today so I been through a few nappies. The pain was just evil. I said to my partner that I can’t carry on in this much pain

The nurse a year ago told me to exercise so I did and it made things worse, now I’ve got numbness in my toes and I can barely move my toes 😭 I’m scared and can’t stop crying

• Hug
  • Sad
Reactions: BBBen, Jorelaxed, Karim and 4 others
I'm so sorry. I'm on the wrong end of the Atlantic to be any real help, but I wish I could. Is your partner any help?

Hang in there and get the help you need as soon as you can. Hugs and prayers.

• Love
Reactions: BBBen, Jorelaxed, KBoy and 1 other person
Sorry to hear about the pain you're in . May I make a suggestion if you are in that much pain with your knees think about getting them replaced. I had my left knee replaced back in Wednesday June 30th 2021 and I just had my right knee replaced Wednesday March 6 2024. I could kick myself in the $*# for waiting for so long in between knee replacements. I don't think you can replace both of them at same time I would go with the worst one first

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: BBBen, Jorelaxed, KBoy and 2 others
I am not laughing.
You are hurting for real.
My own joints are coming apart in their own way with my having Cerebral Palsy.

• Sad
  • Hug
Reactions: BBBen, Angelapinks, KBoy and 2 others
Hopefully they can help you when you make it to the hospital. It does sound like you're a candidate for knee replacement. My knees are starting to hurt but I'm 76 years old so one expects all the aches and pains. One does not like the aches and pains however.

• Hug
Reactions: BBBen, KBoy, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
Knees are strong, but weak and when shifted out of their range, things quickly move down hill.
Not sure, which exercises you were doing, but someone should have warned you that if it hurts, stop doing it!!

As stated above, they rarely do both at the same time.
Prayers your way!

• Love
Reactions: BBBen, Jorelaxed, KBoy and 1 other person
EagleBoy said:
Sorry to hear about the pain you're in . May I make a suggestion if you are in that much pain with your knees think about getting them replaced. I had my left knee replaced back in Wednesday June 30th 2021 and I just had my right knee replaced Wednesday March 6 2024. I could kick myself in the $*# for waiting for so long in between knee replacements. I don't think you can replace both of them at same time I would go with the worst one first
Im serious considering doing that, I think the joint is shot

• Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: BBBen, Edgewater, Jorelaxed and 3 others
PadPhilosopher said:
I'm so sorry. I'm on the wrong end of the Atlantic to be any real help, but I wish I could. Is your partner any help?

Hang in there and get the help you need as soon as you can. Hugs and prayers.
Yes my partner has been very supportive and helped me get to sleep

• Celebrate
Reactions: BBBen, Jorelaxed, LaLoneDigi and 3 others
Edgewater said:
Knees are strong, but weak and when shifted out of their range, things quickly move down hill.
Not sure, which exercises you were doing, but someone should have warned you that if it hurts, stop doing it!!

As stated above, they rarely do both at the same time.
Prayers your way!
I was doing walking but I agree I think they should have told me

Reactions: BBBen, Jorelaxed, KBoy and 2 others
caitianx said:
I am not laughing.
You are hurting for real.
My own joints are coming apart in their own way with my having Cerebral Palsy.
I’m sorry, any kind of joint issue is terrible, I’m waiting to hear from my doctor this morning but not sure what they can do but I think they need some X-rays

Reactions: BBBen, Angelapinks, KBoy and 2 others
babyraggydolls said:
I’m sorry, any kind of joint issue is terrible, I’m waiting to hear from my doctor this morning but not sure what they can do but I think they need some X-rays
Both my legs as far as the muscles with having Cerebral Palsy are chronically fatigued all the time and weak.
I can stand.
I can walk.
Very slowly.
But physically crouched.
I did take a walk north up NH Route 28 to the Derry Convenience Store for a Diet Pepsi.
I am tired now and back in my wheelchair.
Hmm?
I was thinking that maybe your knees are now grinding bone-on-bone.
The cartilage all worn-down.

• Hug
Reactions: BBBen, Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
I saw the doctor he said he thinks I torn a ligament, told me to keep using my leg and referring me to see a orthopaedic. I’m exhausted and in a lot of pain

• Hug
  • Sad
Reactions: BBBen, Edgewater, Jorelaxed and 1 other person
babyraggydolls said:
I saw the doctor he said he thinks I torn a ligament, told me to keep using my leg and referring me to see a orthopaedic. I’m exhausted and in a lot of pain
I wonder if they'll send you to physical therapy? My neurosurgeon did for my aching neck and it helped quite a bit. I do my neck exercises every day. My neck still hurts but no where near to what it had been. Physical therapy can help but you have to be faithful to it. Hopefully they would exercise your leg in ways that will help and not hurt or do damage.

Reactions: BBBen, Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
dogboy said:
I wonder if they'll send you to physical therapy? My neurosurgeon did for my aching neck and it helped quite a bit. I do my neck exercises every day. My neck still hurts but no where near to what it had been. Physical therapy can help but you have to be faithful to it. Hopefully they would exercise your leg in ways that will help and not hurt or do damage.
I’ve been sent to physio therapy before the nurse was very rude, told me to exercise, lose weight and sent me on my way. I did exactly what she said, I did a lot of exercise, I lost weight, I hurt my legs more doing that and now I can’t stand on them.

I am being referred to the orthopaedic, to find out what’s going on with them but I don’t think any of them have a clue.

I’ve booked myself in for a private consultation to deal with the pain, it’s not going to be cheap but I think it could help my pain more than the NHS can as they can prescribe things that the NHS are not willing to.

• Hug
Reactions: BBBen and PadPhilosopher
babyraggydolls said:
I’ve been sent to physio therapy before the nurse was very rude, told me to exercise, lose weight and sent me on my way. I did exactly what she said, I did a lot of exercise, I lost weight, I hurt my legs more doing that and now I can’t stand on them.

I am being referred to the orthopaedic, to find out what’s going on with them but I don’t think any of them have a clue.

I’ve booked myself in for a private consultation to deal with the pain, it’s not going to be cheap but I think it could help my pain more than the NHS can as they can prescribe things that the NHS are not willing to.
I'm glad that you're trying. I'm sorry that, so far, it seems to have done more harm than good. My mother has had many challenges over the years which baffled doctors, and it took her a lot of decades to find doctors willing to listen and dig deep to find the issues. She eventually did, and fibromyalgia turned out to be a factor.

I say that to hope that you keep fighting to reclaim as much livability in your life as possible. Keep fighting! You matter!

Reactions: BBBen, dogboy and Edgewater
Back