Holiday Video Game Shopping/Pick Ups Topic.

NinjaPizza

Needs more pizza.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
In this topic we talk about games we're playing now, games we plan to buy for ourselves, or games we're buying for other people. You know, since those Black Friday sales have begun. I'll start.

Halo Infinite Beta. This game is currently free, so download it now! It's just the multiplayer, however. The campaign doesn't exist yet, and co-op campaign (most important part, in my opinion) won't exist until some time after launch. Red Flag! Do not buy incomplete games! Instead, download and play free games that are surprisingly good... even if the Battle Pass (the free one) is grindy and doesn't have any good prizes. The paid one only has cosmetic prizes, and that's not something I spend money on in games. If you see some Spartan dressed in default colors with default nameplates and skins, that's probably me. But go play Halo Infinite Beta!

Next on the list: Katamari Damacy Reroll for PS4. Got it for a friend. Hope he likes it.

"Intent" to purchase:

Grim Dawn Forgotten Gods DLC.
Doom Eternal: Ancient Gods Part 1 and 2.
Civilization VI.
Guilty Gear Strive
Kingdom Hearts: The Complete Package
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
Diablo 2: Resurrected, but only if it's discounted deep enough. (It will not be discounted deep enough.)

That's all I can think of for now. No guarantee I'll grab ever one of these. Usually I fill up my online shopping carts and mill over it for a few days until I settle on two or three, money permitting. But what are you guys requesting from Santa Clause?

Civ 6 is great! But you really need the dlc in order to play it properly. The base game is missing a ton of good stuff. It's pretty much the standard 2k games extortion. They hold back huge chunks of the game until you pay more. While I dont like their business practice, I love the Civ franchise and the complete version of Civ 6 is really good.
A game that is sort of like it, but has much more in depth combat is Total War :Warhammer (1 or 2). Check it out if you havent heard of it.

Duly noted about Civ 6. It's on my list of "games to get because friends have it," so if they have the DLC, I'll have to have it too.

Add to list: Doom Eternal Ancient Gods Parts 1 and 2. Please no one assume I intend to get all of these, lol. I just like to window shop when the holidays come around.

So, uhh, I didn't buy anything yet, lol. Other expenses suddenly took priority, including Christmas gifts for other people. While I do enjoy GETTIN' HYPE about video games and buying more than I'll ever play, I always pare down my list. Might even wait until the Steam Winter Sale. Whatever.

Back