Highback plastic pants question

Hi-back plastic pants work best to keep the bed dry, especially with cloth diapers. The cloth absorbs and transports the urine everywhere. Eventually the wetness is great enough to leak out wherever there's a convenient spot, like the waist band of the plastic pant. The hi-back usually covers the cloth diaper enough to prevent the leak.

Reactions: Edgewater, Angelapinks and PadPhilosopher
The most important point about plastic pants (for me) is how comfortable they feel. Of course the fit has to be good. Typically I use Peva plastic pants and they can be a little louder (crinkly). I like that they're environmentally good, extremely strong, light and durable. Pricing is perfect.

Reactions: Edgewater, Angelapinks and PadPhilosopher
vaslav said:
I recall the day my new plastic "bloomers" arrived in the post! "Knee to armpits will be dry then" they said as my face crumpled into tears. I pleaded I already had to wear rubber baby-pants, so why?.....and all that, but to no avail. These were proper waterproof they claimed, were worn OVER the others, and would keep the bed "really, really" dry - the bed, mind, never ME!
On they went that night, and as the saying went "see you pull them right up high" - knee to armpit they certainly stretched!
I always wear my rubber bloomers in bed. So comforting and embarrassing at the same time

Reactions: Edgewater
I wear regular rise Gary pants during the day because I don’t want my stomach and lower back covered with plastic. I get sweaty. High cut plastic pants are essential at night as I use cloth nappies.

Reactions: Edgewater and Wetshisbed
I always need, want and prefer high back plastic pants. With cloth nappies I need full protection higher up. Also, I like to wear plastic bloomers on top

Attachments

• _DSC0291.JPG
    _DSC0291.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
Reactions: Constantlydamp, vp39 and Edgewater
I'm not sure if Peva plastic pants are qualified as "highback." When I wear them I don't pull up to my upper waist. Probably just up above my privates.
I typically wear my diaper normally a bit lower. I don't yank it up. It just keeps the pants to cover my diaper. No need to pull the pant up around my belly.

Despite the specific vendor branding, it appears most of the diaper covers are made by a very few manufacturers. Gary, as US company, is the main one. Protex is also USA. From Canada: Rearz and InControl seem to overlap. Rearz bought out AC Medical, which offered the largest selection, because they also manufactured.

Note: Garywear also manufacture in China.
Note: Several diaper covers are also manufactured in the EU.

Back