High School sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodnitesco96

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So looking back on high school, now technically a sophomore in college (spent one year at university, one year at our local community college), the thing I really miss most, sadly, about high school was high school sports. Don't get me wrong, I was a good student, I never failed or got C's in classes (except for Spanish), and ended up with a pretty decent GPA. I was always brought up playing sports, I played 3 sports all 3 years in high school, so basically a sport for every season. I played baseball, soccer, and hockey, and I mixed up hockey and skiing quite a bit. I lettered in soccer for 3 years, and the others for 2 years. My favorite high school moment, from my 4 years, was definitely beating our up-valley rival for the first time in 20 years (either home or away). Sadly, we had a low attendance for the game, since it was a Saturday day game, but that was the best memory I will definitely remember since high school. I have a picture of the day after we beat them, when we got the first page of the local paper. It was such a huge moment, beating a team no one else had beaten the last 20 years. In 2012, Battle Mountain went 20-0 and won the 4A State Championships in Colorado, which is pretty impressive, so they have been a lot better than us. Any moments from high school sports you guys have?995089_10152482617870415_665269317739288842_n.jpg

Maxx said:
Having to spar every day with an all-state wrestler when I was an 82lb sophomore. Lowest weight class, 95. He cut down from 110 or so. Not eating for 3 months didn't make him charitable. Not much fun getting your brains beat in day in and day out. I was a hairless 13, he was an 18 year old senior with a beard. I stuck with it, things got better. Better still in college. Much better at other sports in my 40's and 50's.

Kinda wish I would have played in college... Only sport I really did than like besides hanging out with friends and playing soccer and stuff was playing intramural flag football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back