Nicerockinkid

He/They
Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Carer
  3. Other
Hello all!

I'm Nick, not in the community myself,,,, yet??? I am very supportive of the community and have been doing research into the community and the lifestyle!! Just wanted to put my feeling about everything out there in hopes of finding better understanding of what I'm going through and if there's anything I can do, summary at the end if it's too many words!! :)

-~-

So I had no idea about the AB/DL Community until New Years, when a close childhood friend came out to me that they were a part of the community! I, wanting to be as open and accepting to them as possible, started asking them questions about what the community is, their experience and any resources they would recommend me, and that's how I found myself making an account here on ADISC! I slowly started to understand more and more as I did my research, learning about new terms and asking more questions for things I didn't understand, and we talk almost every day about it! I wanted to be an outlet for them to talk about themself and their involvement in the community, and I still do!! I enjoy learning more about how much it brings them joy, and also the more negative side, like those who weren't as accepting in their life, or those who just didn't understand the impact that this part of them has on their life.

As for myself, I am an OSDD-1B system with both a Little and a Caregiver for our little, and learning about the AB/DL Community has made me,,,,, question some things. Throughout my life, I would always indulge on things for our little, like buying stuffies, children's toys, children's coloring books, etc. But I never really indulged in my caregiver, if that makes sense? At least not that I recognize? It's strange.

The reason I bring this up is because it brings me to my conflicting dilemma. I am having ideations about being a part of the community, but two different parts?? I want to fully indulge on being a little alongside the little in our system, but at the same time I really want to be a caregiver as well????? It's like a kilogram of steel vs a kilogram of feathers, when looked at on the outside. The giant pile of feathers being my little ideations, while the little steel cube being my caregiver ideations. They both look to be different, but are just as strong no matter how you see it.

What do I even do? I feel as if I have to choose one, but at the same time I really don't want to choose one. I want to be a little friend to my friend, but also be a caregiver? Not sure if to my friend, because as far as I'm aware, being a caregiver to someone is more of a romantic relationship type thing?? Which is a whole different dilemma??? I'm not sure 100% yet, but I just, didn't expect myself to be so involved when wanting to be accepting to my friend, nor was I expecting to be so confused and conflicted over everything skdkLFKS--

-~-

Basically:
A friend came out on New Years this year that they were a part of the community, I've been doing my research ever since, and I think I want to be a part of the community because it's made me rethink my entire past. But i want to be both an AB and a caregiver at the same time, but don't know which to choose, and I'm very confused on where to go from here... Can I be both? Is that a thing?

Any advice or suggestions?? I'm open to anything really!! Thanks much for reading, I hope you've been well!! :)

-Nick (He/They) 21

I am a full-on Vanilla, who is 24/7, U-IC, which sits to the outer edges of AB/DL world.
Regardless of what community and more specifically what sub-set, you need to be honest with yourself, i.e. be you. That may mean you are an AB one hour and the next hour be a caregiver! Or whatever suits you at any given moment!

Enjoy!

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Edgewater said:
I am a full-on Vanilla, who is 24/7, U-IC, which sits to the outer edges of AB/DL world.
Regardless of what community and more specifically what sub-set, you need to be honest with yourself, i.e. be you. That may mean you are an AB one hour and the next hour be a caregiver! Or whatever suits you at any given moment!

Enjoy!

Ahhh, so it's okay to be considered both?? I was just worried that if I wanted to be little I couldn't also be a caregiver, which was my main fear akdkkskf--
-Nick

Reactions: Edgewater
Nicerockinkid said:
Ahhh, so it's okay to be considered both??
I'm no expert, but I don't see why not. We all have different facets to who we are, be that AB, DL, caregiver(to elder), caregiver(to youngin'), IT sysadmin, aircraft mechanic, or small bird🐦. Any or all of these aspects can be in action at any given time, but usually we're one or three things at a time. Heck, some of us can even walk and chew gum at the same time :D ! You be you and don't worry about trying to fit into any pigeon hole.

Today you are you!
That is truer than true!
There is no one alive
who is you-er than you! - Dr. Seuss

• Love
Reactions: ryanbailey, Edgewater and Nicerockinkid
Nicerockinkid said:
Hello all!

I'm Nick, not in the community myself,,,, yet??? I am very supportive of the community and have been doing research into the community and the lifestyle!! Just wanted to put my feeling about everything out there in hopes of finding better understanding of what I'm going through and if there's anything I can do, summary at the end if it's too many words!! :)

-~-

So I had no idea about the AB/DL Community until New Years, when a close childhood friend came out to me that they were a part of the community! I, wanting to be as open and accepting to them as possible, started asking them questions about what the community is, their experience and any resources they would recommend me, and that's how I found myself making an account here on ADISC! I slowly started to understand more and more as I did my research, learning about new terms and asking more questions for things I didn't understand, and we talk almost every day about it! I wanted to be an outlet for them to talk about themself and their involvement in the community, and I still do!! I enjoy learning more about how much it brings them joy, and also the more negative side, like those who weren't as accepting in their life, or those who just didn't understand the impact that this part of them has on their life.

As for myself, I am an OSDD-1B system with both a Little and a Caregiver for our little, and learning about the AB/DL Community has made me,,,,, question some things. Throughout my life, I would always indulge on things for our little, like buying stuffies, children's toys, children's coloring books, etc. But I never really indulged in my caregiver, if that makes sense? At least not that I recognize? It's strange.

The reason I bring this up is because it brings me to my conflicting dilemma. I am having ideations about being a part of the community, but two different parts?? I want to fully indulge on being a little alongside the little in our system, but at the same time I really want to be a caregiver as well????? It's like a kilogram of steel vs a kilogram of feathers, when looked at on the outside. The giant pile of feathers being my little ideations, while the little steel cube being my caregiver ideations. They both look to be different, but are just as strong no matter how you see it.

What do I even do? I feel as if I have to choose one, but at the same time I really don't want to choose one. I want to be a little friend to my friend, but also be a caregiver? Not sure if to my friend, because as far as I'm aware, being a caregiver to someone is more of a romantic relationship type thing?? Which is a whole different dilemma??? I'm not sure 100% yet, but I just, didn't expect myself to be so involved when wanting to be accepting to my friend, nor was I expecting to be so confused and conflicted over everything skdkLFKS--

-~-

Basically:
A friend came out on New Years this year that they were a part of the community, I've been doing my research ever since, and I think I want to be a part of the community because it's made me rethink my entire past. But i want to be both an AB and a caregiver at the same time, but don't know which to choose, and I'm very confused on where to go from here... Can I be both? Is that a thing?

Any advice or suggestions?? I'm open to anything really!! Thanks much for reading, I hope you've been well!! :)

-Nick (He/They) 21
Hey Nick!

I have DID so I understand the conflict between different parts of self wanting different things! You can absolutely be a part (or parts) of this community! I personally feel that my diagnosis is largely related to my abdl interests so it’s cool to meet someone who is potentially in a similar boat!

Feel free to message me if you ever want to chat about the intersection of these things! It’s very interesting to me!

Reactions: Edgewater
Back