• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Hello! - Plus first time nappy buying experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrinkleMyJimmies

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I've been lurking here for a few weeks and toying with the idea of diapers on and off for years but I decided to sign up and introduce myself because as of today I am now an official card carrying DL. Yes. I bought my first ever diapers today, at the age of 34. Yep, they are 'gateway drug' diapers that I am sure all of you here look down your noses at but hey they are still diapers and any diaper is better than no diaper! (well technically they are pullups, but to a newbie like me it's still a diaper).

Anyhow my first buying from a brick and mortar supermarket was both exhilarating and an anti-climax at the same time. I grabbed a pack of Tena Pants and a pack of the largest girl's Drynites (after circling the supermarket a few times until nobody was in those aisles), then I grabbed a couple of other things that I actually needed and headed to the self checkout.

I seriously expected something weird and embarrassing to happen. Like the nappies wouldn't scan, or somebody would look me up and down as if to say "yeah, we've got us a pervert here" or the store alarms would go off as I left and security would have to search my bags. But in reality all that happened was I walked up to the checkout, scanned the items, bagged them, paid and left without a hitch. And nobody batted an eyelid, despite the supermarket being way more crowded than I had planned, despite the nappies being the most conspicuous items in my basket, despite the fact that I had to wait in line.

I know most here order online, but since I've suffered from a crippling fear of criticism my whole life that has denied me so many things I wanted the experience of buying in person was truly liberating. Not only did I get my haul to enjoy, but I actually feel as if my self esteem has increased. (don't worry I'm sure I'll be in designer online only diapers before long!). But it's interesting and ironic that being DL actually helped me grow emotionally.

So that's my introduction:smile1: I have to admit that as of yet I really don't "get" the AB side of abdl, for me it's just about diapers, but I am a very open minded person and who knows? It might grow on me.

Last edited:
Hello CrinkleMyJimmies and welcome to the group.

Nice introduction Story.

Egor

Welcome! :) I remember my first time too... v similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi and welcome. Yes, it does take a bit of courage to buy those first pack of diapers in a store with real people. I hope you enjoy this site and being a part of it.

dogboy said:
Hi and welcome. Yes, it does take a bit of courage to buy those first pack of diapers in a store with real people. I hope you enjoy this site and being a part of it.
It seems silly in retrospect but I did have to psych myself up quite a lot before I bought. Eventually I just went "screw it, I'm sick of letting other's opinions dictate what I do; if I want diapers then I'm gonna buy diapers!"

You make it sound so easy... I also recently bought my first pack, although mine were from online. It does make a nice and inspiring story for anyone who is terrified of something going wrong or being found out (myself included) so for that, thank you. Welcome to the community!

Shadow456 said:
You make it sound so easy... I also recently bought my first pack, although mine were from online. It does make a nice and inspiring story for anyone who is terrified of something going wrong or being found out (myself included) so for that, thank you. Welcome to the community!

It's a bigger deal to you, than an outsider. People go to the store and buy them all day, every day. Depending on your age range, you might be doing your grandma/grandpa a favor, or your mom/dad, aunt, uncle, etc. Someone looking on might chuckle, but they don't immediately think you're making this purchase for yourself.

The only potential pitfall, would be having an encounter w/ someone you know, and having to interact/explain. low-medium risk, depending on how many people you know, how big your town/city is, etc.

Welcome. I can relate a lot to your original post. I recently joined to try to accept and embrace being a member of the community to. They've got some good articles posted on how trying to accept being a AB/DL.

Last fall I actually did exactly what you were describing. I went into Walmart at like 11:30 and bought my first of diapers with were depends I think (garbage by the way) and ended up hiding them in the basket along with some other things until I could get the self-checkout. I recently made my first online order now though.

Weirdly enough...my first online purchase actually turned out to be MORE nerve wracking than buying in brick and mortar. I didn't know about getting items delivered to the post office. I rarely buy items online other than my makeup and skincare (because those things are stupidly expensive in Australia)...usually I prefer the instant gratification of buying from a brick and mortar store wherever possible, so a big package arriving for me was out of character and certain to cause question...I had to think up damn a good cover story and hope it worked (luckily it did). I don't mind too much if some clerk who doesn't know me from a bar of soap knows I wear but someone I know...ouch.

About running into someone I know...I just go either very early in the morning or very late in the evening. In my town at those times there's hardly anyone in the store, so even if I shop locally the chance of running into someone I know is extremely low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back