• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Hello from the cold north

Betterwearadiaper

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Yes, it is cold now in the winter, always enjoyed the snow and not really bothered about cold temperatures. Well, I have thought about how it would be to live in a warm, sunny climate, seems easy and comfortable from where I am sitting right now. But, I suspect I would very soon realize it is not possible to turn off the heat..

I like freedom. Freedom to travel, do whatever I want, enjoy whatever suits me, as long as it does no harm to others.

I enjoy outdoor activities, like running, climbing, mountaineering. I am into tech with computers and such. As I am getting older, I seem to enjoy smaller trips now, no longer travel around like I used to, for various reasons.

Looking back, I was never mistreated or abused as a child, always had more than I needed, I do not have any special medical or mental condition. I had all the opportunities, I have a very good education. I was born in and still live in a very free and stable country. So, whatever is wrong, I really can not blame anyone else.

Reactions: KBoy, Jorelaxed, Sealander and 4 others
Hello and welcome to the site. You wrote a great introduction thead. I live along the Shenandoah Mountains and I enjoy getting out and hiking the trails including part of the Appalachian Mt. trails. I'm originally from the Jersey Shore but after college I moved to Ohio where the winters were very cold and snowy. Eventually my wife and family moved to Virginia to get away from the extreme cold.

Reactions: KBoy, Jorelaxed and dous
dogboy said:
Hello and welcome to the site. You wrote a great introduction thead. I live along the Shenandoah Mountains and I enjoy getting out and hiking the trails including part of the Appalachian Mt. trails. I'm originally from the Jersey Shore but after college I moved to Ohio where the winters were very cold and snowy. Eventually my wife and family moved to Virginia to get away from the extreme cold.
U.S is a huge country, you have it all in sort-of one place. Only been there once, business, saw east-coast from Washington to NY.

Reactions: KBoy, Jorelaxed and dogboy
Hello and welcome to the community. Thank you for that introduction.

Reactions: KBoy and Jorelaxed
Welcome to ADISC!

Do you happen to enjoy White Hiking, I’d imagine since you live up north!

Betterwearadiaper,

Very nice upbeat introduction. Should have guessed...polls of best places to live show Norway typically as the most popular and best standard of living. And we in US are lucky for all the variety we have...from Death Valley to northern Minnesota, Florida Shores to Adirondacks. San Diego, SF, Seattle, and plains states and splendor of Northern border state. We have a lot of choice. Like your expression of gratitude.

Lattimore

floppyfoppsie said:
Welcome to ADISC!

Do you happen to enjoy White Hiking, I’d imagine since you live up north!
I have more skis than most, even among locals up here. I have 1 pair custom made, for the really great, deep-snow days. Grew up with skis on every winter. Was never good at any sports, but this sort of proves anything goes with practice, because I turned into a quite capable skier eventually. Coupled with my nerdy approach to almost everything, this lead to several epic seasons skiing steep mountains and great lines up here, and some trips down to the alps. This skiing requires knowledge and research before you set off, there is a technical part to it, and I believe that is a huge part of why this sort of skiing appeals to me. I did well, because 1. I have survived, 2. never caught in a (large..) avalanche, 3. only destroyed one knee.

Reactions: KBoy, dogboy and floppyfoppsie
Lattimore55 said:
Betterwearadiaper,

Very nice upbeat introduction. Should have guessed...polls of best places to live show Norway typically as the most popular and best standard of living. And we in US are lucky for all the variety we have...from Death Valley to northern Minnesota, Florida Shores to Adirondacks. San Diego, SF, Seattle, and plains states and splendor of Northern border state. We have a lot of choice. Like your expression of gratitude.

Lattimore
Well, all is not so great, but I better not go into that. And I have been to other places on earth, some are actually nice. But, all have their pros and cons.. so, not found the paradise on earth, yet.

Great to meet you!

Betterwearadiaper said:
Yes, it is cold now in the winter, always enjoyed the snow and not really bothered about cold temperatures. Well, I have thought about how it would be to live in a warm, sunny climate, seems easy and comfortable from where I am sitting right now. But, I suspect I would very soon realize it is not possible to turn off the heat..

I like freedom. Freedom to travel, do whatever I want, enjoy whatever suits me, as long as it does no harm to others.

I enjoy outdoor activities, like running, climbing, mountaineering. I am into tech with computers and such. As I am getting older, I seem to enjoy smaller trips now, no longer travel around like I used to, for various reasons.

Looking back, I was never mistreated or abused as a child, always had more than I needed, I do not have any special medical or mental condition. I had all the opportunities, I have a very good education. I was born in and still live in a very free and stable country. So, whatever is wrong, I really can not blame anyone else.
Hello and welcome

Thank you all for kind words, kind of reminds me of the earlier days of internet forums, where people actually tried to be nice and just wanted to share and learn.

Been looking around a little, to find the most suitable place to share some moments from my very young days, sort of a "true" story, with little pieces centered around experiences with diapers. Blog-section does not fit, it would be a complete mess in the Autobiography thread.

So, is this thread appropriate, perhaps someone could give some advice?

Betterwearadiaper said:
Been looking around a little, to find the most suitable place to share some moments from my very young days, sort of a "true" story, with little pieces centered around experiences with diapers. Blog-section does not fit, it would be a complete mess in the Autobiography thread.

Can't help you with that unfortunately but I will say I'm also into climbing/mountaineering (not skiing) so be nice to chat some time!

Betterwearadiaper said:

Maybe under your profile posts?

StarryNight said:
Maybe under your profile posts?
Anyone reading that? Not looking for a large audience here, but people should be able to find and see the content easily.

I may be overthinking this, as it is really not a big problem. Start a new thread in the most appropriate location, or simply use this one.

Betterwearadiaper said:
Anyone reading that? Not looking for a large audience here, but people should be able to find and see the content easily.

I may be overthinking this, as it is really not a big problem. Start a new thread in the most appropriate location, or simply use this one.
You could start a new thread and post it in the forum that most conforms to your story. Often a thread will ask a question so that members can respond. There's a number of ways to think this through to make your story work. Sometimes members will say something that doesn't really need a response but members will respond by saying their experience is similar, etc.

Decided to do the story in the blog-section.

Just come to say your avatar picture makes me smile soo much! 😂 I have no clue why but pease don't change it, it's adorable

Reactions: KBoy and Betterwearadiaper
Hello from Canada
Welcome to the site!

Hi there, welcome to ADISC! Thanks for a great introduction.
Betterwearadiaper said:
The same goes for me.

Back