Having a brain embolism rupture worst part hospitals don’t use diapers , my journey late September until now .

I wish you good health and a total recovery in the new year.

• Love
Reactions: mightytoddler
PetahPetah said:
I've read many x on dailydiapers, hospitals do not get good diapers. Bring your own. My week visit in one, when I asked, got a size medium w tapes. No large, no pullups.
I asked today why some hospitals use diapers and some won’t unless necessary . Ease of use , 2nd at some point medical facilities were ordered by the CDC to change patents diapers when needed as soon as soiled or ever 4 hours . This mostly included nursing homes where patents were infected often from filthy diapers . So medical boards across the US went to US diaper Cos to have them make realllly cheap thin diapers to save profits …yea profits to H with patent needs . This is why today medical facility’s have very under quality diapers . If you have family needing diapers take your own quality diapers and make sure staff doesn't confiscate them. Why confiscate because they tack on high cost for each diaper they use and they are profiting off very low quality diapers . When you see commercials … Has your family member been abused ina nursing home ….. that’s one reason why 😔

mightytoddler said:
Hi it’s me , ive been in the hospital 2 times , had a little stroke required a brain stent . Got so week I could not walk so I was being put in a wheelchair every day for several months . Im walking some again with two new leg braces . Lost the abulity to form words correctly had speech therapy since the last of September . Last week they released me finally I was getting frustrated because as much as I tried what I was thinking came out in words that made no sense at all . For several weeks I was seeing stuff that was not there like a dream but in real time . It all started when I bent over to pick up binky I dropped because my hand stopped working . When I bent over Pop had a brain embolism rupture . Everything just faded to gray colors I never passed out just lost control of my arms and speech . Mommy called 911 they took me to critical care . The embolism was already there they kept watching it to see if it grew over the last 7 years but no one told me about it . Mommy knew she kept it secret from me afraid I might freak out . Anyway it’s all fixed now they went into my brain through my arm pit through a main artery to my brain . That’s pretty cool they fixed me without opening my head . The only thing I hated was having a catheter installed because hospitals Hate to change diapers 😡 Yuk ! They used a baby sized tube because a adult size would not go into me it was to wide 🤦🏻‍♂️ . At least I’m home now mommy bought me some new PJs . She never ever showed any fear while I was in a mess but I could tell I was in big trouble being in ICU for weeks . You can’t get any sleep in there with all the equipment beeping sounds and other sounds all the time 🫣 people can’t imagine how frustrating it is to be thinking words that come out like a baby babbling . Like being locked in my body without any way to communicate until my arms would allow me to write questions and answers .
I’m home now ad mommy put up the Christmas tree it’s so very pretty .
Yikes , that’s a lot to happen. Glad to hear you are doing better. It’s pretty amazing what they have started doing with some of this stuff. At one time there wasn’t much to do but watch it bleed. Son-in-law with my sister’s family just went through similar thing except it took longer for his symptoms to present and it’s location is typically fatal so he has been extremely blessed.
Best of luck with speedy recovery.

GabyinPurple said:
Yikes , that’s a lot to happen. Glad to hear you are doing better. It’s pretty amazing what they have started doing with some of this stuff. At one time there wasn’t much to do but watch it bleed. Son-in-law with my sister’s family just went through similar thing except it took longer for his symptoms to present and it’s location is typically fatal so he has been extremely blessed.
Best of luck with speedy recovery.
They put a stent up there so now every time they want to scan my brain they do it a different way . They said it’s made of titanium mesh but it did the job . Kinda strange thinking some foreign object it in your brain 😳

Reactions: GabyinPurple
I'm glad you survived all of this. It sounds really scary. I hope you make a full recovery.

• Love
Reactions: mightytoddler
Back