Have you ever

Twinmom

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Ok several years ago I had a tumor removed from my urethra . And now I'm wondering if it could be causing my wetting. Anyone else ever had that done. Getting to where I feel myself peeing in my pullup. Small amount but enough to make me wet

Reactions: Diprs2
Twinmom said:
Ok several years ago I had a tumor removed from my urethra . And now I'm wondering if it could be causing my wetting. Anyone else ever had that done. Getting to where I feel myself peeing in my pullup. Small amount but enough to make me wet
I actually had the same procedure done in 2019. At the time my doctor thought it may help with my incontinence. I was glad to have it removed and it was not cancerous, great news. It didn't help with my wetting problem however it did help with the flow. Now I can pee my diaper much much easier.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Napincolove
Twinmom said:
Ok several years ago I had a tumor removed from my urethra . And now I'm wondering if it could be causing my wetting.
I'm obviously no expert, but I would think that's two different things.

How long after it was removed did you start having issues.

If it was something removed a while ago I wouldn't think so but if like recently than I would talk to your doctor. Also not trying to pry but your username did you recently give birth because some women do have urinary ic after giving birth. The IC levels can vary and depending on exact location can determine potential side effects like if it was anywhere nerves it's possible women's anatomy is different (some say I am crazy but a person born with female anatomy their uretha location is different). It's like back surgery IC is a common mentioned side effect like numbness is but not everyone will have it but messing around near certain nerves things can happen.

Also you mentioned you feel yourself wetting do you have any notification before that or is it like oh crap I am wetting myself also can you stop it. The reason I ask is to try to help vs diagnosis only a urologist can diagnose type but knowing symptoms can give you a rough idea. But end of the day if the pullup works go for it again not to assume but with UN some females like using shaped pads which have various absorbency levels it's like a maxi pad but bigger and can be used in normal underwear which if active can be easier to change.

End of the day I/we can give you advice but if it's something that is concerning I would negligent if I didn't mention may e something to mention at minimum to your primary care doc if it's well after surgery date or if you have a urologist. They also know you better.

It's been about 5 years since the surgery and 22 since the twins lol

Reactions: Diprs2 and GatoChihuahua
Twinmom said:
It's been about 5 years since the surgery and 22 since the twins lol
I am going to say this with all due respect women or those born with women anatomy at certain ages can have ic come on in life and just be part of getting(cough cough)older. With it being 5yrs I wouldn't really see the connection. From your other posts it seems like your managing it if it's something that is bother some than I would make an appointment with your primary care provider like I mentioned it could be just part of the thing we all hate to do though age is only a number or it could be something else, where you have the past medical history of that tumor and not trying to scare you in anyway(I used to work in healthcare) but might want to get checked. The human body is weird like constipation can cause issues because of the bowel pressure on the bladder but honestly there is so many diagnosis why people have ic without trauma and even with trauma, it's like I have a spinal cord injury alot of people with this injury retain fluids because weird crap happens to me I have the opposite it just goes whenever.

At the end of the day you are your best advocate if diapers at night and pullups during the day works and not effecting your life and you get clean bill of health you can just continue to do that but if it's effecting your life, if like you like diapers but only by choice than see what advice they offer and it could be simple as exercises. I would say at minimum where it happening more often I would wear some kind of protection. I hate to merge other posts but it's alot better to wake up dry in padded protection than pee yourself, at home it can be embarrassing but while out it's worse.

I don't know your background or knowledge of products but if you find in am you flood without warning before you can make it to the bathroom a good quality diaper with inner leg guards is alot better protection than a pullup but same token if during the day if it's many small leaks than a pullup may be better. You may find a mix of products may work than just one.

I do know like Tena Flex and think Abena, maybe few others has what looks like a diaper but it has a belt and the absorbent panel velcros to the belt those products are good for those that can use the bathroom because it's designed to be put on differently between genders for ease of using the bathroom and changing. But honestly comes down to user but honestly the amount of or type of products is so different than it was even 5 yrs ago like they have shaped pads that can hold 4000ml's. If you haven't seen every brand is different so unlike baby products besides say absorbency most have similar attributes or features. If new to adult products some companies do have sample packs of different levels and sizes..

I am by far no expert but having IC for 10yrs I sort.of.have an idea so if I can help don't hesitate to ask. As I mentioned above everyone is different and you are your own advocate.

Back