Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 3 guest views remaining

Have you ever tried what it might feel like not being IC?

greatlake5

Profoundly incontinent since the beginning.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I'm profoundly IC and I've been in diapers for ever. I look other people, friends and siblings and I wonder like what it might feel like if I wasn't IC. My family accepts myself. Wearing diapers everyday. I think most of them simply accept the fact that I'm diapered. Whether I'm wetting or otherwise. Most of the time I know I can't change it. I've been IC since I was a kid. They helped my mom making I was dry and clean. But when I got older they tried to be just there brother. It wasn't a diaper question. He's just us. Now I can't think of what it might be if I wasn't diapered. And how it might be if I wasn't ID. Do you think about that? I do.

One thing. Having to know we're IC, somethings will never happen. At least for me. Wondering about what life might be if I wasn't IC,
I don't think a girlfriend would understand. I hope they would. Lets face it live in an IC world of diapers and being wet (or other accidents). , most girls
don't understand. And I know that. That's why I've become comfortable being IC alone. Someday that will changed. In the main time I will just be me.

Reactions: sport1
There was time when I was daytime dry, but I was nervous much of the time, fearing accidents. So I can't say I enjoyed being out of diapers, and I looked forward to being diapered again each night. When daytime incontinence became an issue again, I felt relieved. As I've said in other places, I have Asperger's. I have never felt fully accepted, fully comfortable among other people.

I have Autism. Somewhere along the spectrum round there. I guess you could say I'm high functioning because I'm still in uni and haven't completely crashed and burned? But my mental health is in tatters but that's kind of beside the point.

My IC got bad when I was 16 (perfect timing... to ruin an adolescent's self esteem, body image, etc). But I guess I'd be slightly less depressed. I don't think I'd be much better if I'm honest.

Reactions: GatoChihuahua
After almost 10 years of being in nappies 24/7 and having very little bladder control Ihave almost forgotten what it's like not being incontinent.

I’ve only got worse in the last 2 years
But always been a frequent toilet visitor in the morning and in January after a couple of close calls that was it straw that borek the camels back

greatlake5 said:
One thing. Having to know we're IC, somethings will never happen. At least for me. Wondering about what life might be if I wasn't IC,
I don't think a girlfriend would understand. I hope they would. Lets face it live in an IC world of diapers and being wet (or other accidents). , most girls
don't understand. And I know that. That's why I've become comfortable being IC alone. Someday that will changed. In the main time I will just be me.
I was lucky to be dry for several yrs from 14yrs on till my mid 50's then problems started again, if we went somewhere had to pack enough diapers for the stay.

sport1 said:
I was lucky to be dry for several yrs from 14yrs on till my mid 50's then problems started again, if we went somewhere had to pack enough diapers for the stay.
I was reasonably dry at night from my early 20's until my late 40s though I did have episodes of bedwetting through out my adult life that lasted sometimes just the odd night and sometimes a week or so. Fortunatly my daytime wetting was over by the time I was about 11 and didn't re occur until my late 40's

I was continent up until mid 60s. It was a culture shock for me to suddenly be wearing diapers. It took the Mrs a little while to accept things also.

slimjiminy said:
I was continent up until mid 60s. It was a culture shock for me to suddenly be wearing diapers. It took the Mrs a little while to accept things also.
I totally agree when my wife had me return to diapers to protect things it was a culture shock.

Reactions: slimjiminy
I don't need to try I am fully incontinent from injuries in a car accident

slimjiminy said:
Sine I was always IC I never had a shock. But as I was really young, I struggled having to wear diapers. Obviously I got used to it. But I never got liked it. I can't even imagine what it would be for me. I can only live as an IC person. The only thing I can do is accept it. It's a fact of life. But I don't have to like it.

Reactions: DiaperDiva and slimjiminy
I think it's hard to explain because everyone life is different. So I became IC after an injury in my early 30's so for me I do remember it and I won't lie there were many times where diapers would.of been great and it's not a fantasy answer I would prefer not to have to use them. There were a few time when I had control I wore a pullup like in a drysuit diving because unlike a wetsuit it doesn't just go in the water.
Yes diapers can hinder a relationship but honestly had friends with worse injuries find love and there are people on here who have wives and some have kids, every women or whatever your into is different some can accept it, I had a girlfriend after my injury diapers didn't scare(she was into other kinky stuff) her & not being able to get it up sucked but honestly I tanked the relationship because I didn't know who I was and was in bad head space, I bet if it was now it would be different. But like I have a buddy who is a quadriplegic with very little movement of upper arms has caregiver but just got engaged she does help occasionally and may change once married but she isn't his primary caregiver. Not all women wants kids and you can make them happy other ways.

I honestly think if incontinence was your only disability in today's world you can do almost any job and be successful. I do have personal issues with diapers which hopefully is temporary but even being paralyzed I have a job and lead an active right up till.i got COVID and once I get better I will be back to living life.

I don't have all the answers but even though you been in them and the only thing you know, yes there are many times where not being ic was different but I was talking to an abled bodied friend other day who was restricting their intake so they didn't have to use a portapotty also alot of public bathrooms are disgusting and depending where you go because of issues some bars don't have doors on stalls or long lines. I am.not a abdl by any means but honestly I found many experiences where wearing protection is/was great like going to the movies saw whole movie or like road trip and or traffic no pee dance here. But there are times like good friend owns a boat and I have never been out because it's usually an all day thing and can't change while out on the water but do hang out with him other times.

I honestly think you need to just worry about you and do what makes you happy yes you will need to make adjustments so you can change and have supplies but just live and enjoy life also you never know who you will meet while doing things. Me personally even though I am in a better head space now I am content with just me and my dog occasionally being in diapers is depressing but there isn't going to be a pitty part so you basically have 2 options move forward and try to enjoy life or climb in bed and give up.

greatlake5 said:
I'm profoundly IC and I've been in diapers for ever. I look other people, friends and siblings and I wonder like what it might feel like if I wasn't IC. My family accepts myself. Wearing diapers everyday. I think most of them simply accept the fact that I'm diapered. Whether I'm wetting or otherwise. Most of the time I know I can't change it. I've been IC since I was a kid. They helped my mom making I was dry and clean. But when I got older they tried to be just there brother. It wasn't a diaper question. He's just us. Now I can't think of what it might be if I wasn't diapered. And how it might be if I wasn't ID. Do you think about that? I do.
To be honest it never really crosses my mind. Dreaming of things out of my control depresses me so I just try to live my life and not someone else. I have been Incontinent since middle school and for sure all my adult life. I never had bowel issues until the last 3 years or so. I would love greatly for that part to go away because I handle the pee much better. But either way I am just trying to play the hand I am dealt and go on with life.

Don't get me wrong I can see why you think about it but I just choose not to for my own mental health. Becoming a member here and talking to people like you and myself is what has made it a lot easier in the last year. It has been a good while since I had a petty party for myself and it was over my stomach disease not my incontinence. It is different if you have a medical reason to have hope they will figure something out and help improve your out come. But if you have had this your entire life that is not likely. I think if you just learn to accept what you can not change I think you will be much happier.

I don't mean that in a tough love type way or with any disrespect. But some times all we can do is accept our situation because worrying about it is not going to change it and it often leads to depression in my experience.

I try not to dwell on being diapered and what Im now missing (IE swimming but never really swam that much anyways), the really wet days gets me down a bit especially when I leak but the feelings quickly disappear once I change into a dry diaper its all part of dealing with an IC ISSUE that we have no control over so why dwell on it and get depressed.

Reactions: Diaperman95
Rob110 said:
I try not to dwell on being diapered and what Im now missing (IE swimming but never really swam that much anyways), the really wet days gets me down a bit especially when I leak but the feelings quickly disappear once I change into a dry diaper its all part of dealing with an IC ISSUE that we have no control over so why dwell on it and get depressed.
as far as swimming is concerned there are swim diapers

Attachments

• swimmates-adult-disposable-swimwear-main_2.jpg
    swimmates-adult-disposable-swimwear-main_2.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 0
Back