Have you ever outed yourself

DanielW said:
you don't want to risk that. I don't know if I'd want it in civilian medical records either.
I don’t have to go see a therapist if I don’t want to it’s not like I’m causing harm to my self or those around. This is something I do to feel comfortable.

Rahrah1 said:
So I told my mother that I’ve been making my blankets to look like diapers so I could sleep in them at night and feel same and protected when I was feeling stressed and depressed. We talked a bit. She said that no matter what I do she still loves me. She wants to talk about more when she gets home from her trip and discuss some reasons why I do this.

She mentioned me seeing a private therapist but I don’t know how that will go military has some but the problem is it’s the military and I don’t know if this will fall under “hey we have to report this”

I'm glad things went OK. From the sounds of things your Mother didn't freak out, which is a plus, however, the whole "lets go see a therapist" thing suggests to me that she is either uncertain or somewhat unaccepting. Usually when someone refers you to therapy over something like this, they are doing so under the pretense that this is an unhealthy behaviour that merits changing. I definitely would not see a therapist if your Mother is selecting them, that could cause strain between the two of you and thrust you into conflict with your AB/Little side as well 😔

Then again, there's always a chance this could backfire for your Mother as most therapists are knowledgeable about fetishes and alternative lifestyles and take a rather lax and accepting approach. Perhaps you could even meet your Mother halfway. I do know that there are kink and alternative lifestyle friendly therapists out there, perhaps you could select a therapist like that :D

I know and have known of some ABs who are/were in the military as well, this isn't something that caused conflict within their profession, the same should hold true for you as long as you keep this private, discrete and to yourself :) I certainly wouldn't tell any of your military cohorts 😅

For now, take things as they come and see what your Mother has to say when you two talk further. If she presses you to consult a therapist, choose one yourself. It's hard to say what progress if any was made here, this sounds like a one step forward two-steps back sort of an exchange. She didn't get angry and has reinforced her love for you, but the mention of a therapist suggests that she has some sort of misgiving regarding your newfound stress relief :cautious:

Reactions: Rahrah1
Poofybutt said:
I'm glad things went OK. From the sounds of things your Mother didn't freak out, which is a plus, however, the whole "lets go see a therapist" thing suggests to me that she is either uncertain or somewhat unaccepting. Usually when someone refers you to therapy over something like this, they are doing so under the pretense that this is an unhealthy behaviour that merits changing. I definitely would not see a therapist if your Mother is selecting them, that could cause strain between the two of you and thrust you into conflict with your AB/Little side as well 😔

Then again, there's always a chance this could backfire for your Mother as most therapists are knowledgeable about fetishes and alternative lifestyles and take a rather lax and accepting approach. Perhaps you could even meet your Mother halfway. I do know that there are kink and alternative lifestyle friendly therapists out there, perhaps you could select a therapist like that :D

I know and have known of some ABs who are/were in the military as well, this isn't something that caused conflict within their profession, the same should hold true for you as long as you keep this private, discrete and to yourself :) I certainly wouldn't tell any of your military cohorts 😅

For now, take things as they come and see what your Mother has to say when you two talk further. If she presses you to consult a therapist, choose one yourself. It's hard to say what progress if any was made here, this sounds like a one step forward two-steps back sort of an exchange. She didn't get angry and has reinforced her love for you, but the mention of a therapist suggests that she has some sort of misgiving regarding your newfound stress relief :cautious:
She told me she knows some things that might be causing me to do this which was kind of concerning to me. But we’ve just having normal conversations so far and she’s talked about visiting me.

Rahrah1 said:
She told me she knows some things that might be causing me to do this which was kind of concerning to me. But we’ve just having normal conversations so far and she’s talked about visiting me.
Beware the amateur psychologist (I guess I'm included). I'm doubtful that any of us really can know why we are ABDLs. Some of us remember important trigger events but for every one that can be named, I bet there are others with the same experiences who didn't become ABDLs. Causes are a lot less important than what we do with it in any event.

Reactions: tiny and Deleted member 47221
Send mommy a message. I’m interested. :)

Reactions: Rahrah1
Rahrah1 said:
It’s hard keeping the fact I have and urge to wear diapers a secret because I really want to talk about it just to get it out there. I have like one friend who would probably be understanding and not go crazy. So I’m wondering has anyone ever luted them selfs and have it be all right with that person
I have not unknowingly outed myself. Though I have made hints and will joke about diapers.

Last edited:
Not yet. But I feel like a slip up is in my future sometime in college

I wouldn't say I've outed myself, though I have purposely explained to others I am diapered. This includes family, friends, and even coworkers. Though family and friends know I'm dl, with coworkers I have only ever explained my medical/physical necessity for them.

Not on purpose, because I didn’t think I’d get caught, but the first time my family found out, I had a Goodnites pant on, they caught it, and it didn’t go well from there.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998
Trevor said:
Beware the amateur psychologist (I guess I'm included). I'm doubtful that any of us really can know why we are ABDLs. Some of us remember important trigger events but for every one that can be named, I bet there are others with the same experiences who didn't become ABDLs. Causes are a lot less important than what we do with it in any event.
So me and my mother talked about it more and she mentioned that the therapist
Poofybutt said:

me and my mother talked about it more. And the only reason she brought up the therapist is because of some stuff that happens to me when i was 3 that I’ve been repressing That she believes may be causing this. And she said she would support me no matter what.

Rahrah1 said:
So me and my mother talked about it more and she mentioned that the therapist

me and my mother talked about it more. And the only reason she brought up the therapist is because of some stuff that happens to me when i was 3 that I’ve been repressing That she believes may be causing this. And she said she would support me no matter what.
I'm at a distance so it's easy to get things wrong but that sounds to me like she's coming from a place looking at this as an illness of some sort. It doesn't mean she's not supportive of you but that is not the right way to think of it. ABDL feelings can cause anxiety as you try to integrate them into your life but there isn't anything in the desires to be cured or fixed. If you see a private therapist (not a bad idea if you can swing it), they're going to address what's bothering you and help you to cope in better ways but if you're an ABDL, that's with you more than likely for life, regardless of any repression or what have you.

Trevor said:
I'm at a distance so it's easy to get things wrong but that sounds to me like she's coming from a place looking at this as an illness of some sort. It doesn't mean she's not supportive of you but that is not the right way to think of it. ABDL feelings can cause anxiety as you try to integrate them into your life but there isn't anything in the desires to be cured or fixed. If you see a private therapist (not a bad idea if you can swing it), they're going to address what's bothering you and help you to cope in better ways but if you're an ABDL, that's with you more than likely for life, regardless of any repression or what have you.
She’s doesn’t think it’s an illness. This will sound weird but apparently when I was 3 years old I molested by my family’s neighbors right after I finished potty training and I just repressed it. so me and her both it’s me trying to go back to a period of time before anything bad happened to me.

Nope. At one point I felt alone and wanted to talk to someone about it so I turned to the internet. I felt less judged as we shared the same interests. My real life family and friends would outcast me completely. My mom found my diapers in a order that came to our home and making up bedwetting was awkward enough. She still talks about it and it’s been 3 years!

Back