Has anyone ever told their mother about it?

Not really. When I was 4-5 years old, Mom threatened to put me back in diapers. I can't remember why. When I jumped at the opportunity, she withdrew the threat. :) That was the one and only time I openly acknowledged a desire to be in diapers. Shortly after that I began to realize that my feelings weren't "normal," and I made sure to keep them to myself. Mom later caught me with diapers, including once when I was wearing only a diaper. She didn't punish me, but it was quite humiliating and made me feel terrible.

I moved away to college when I was 18, and never again lived with my parents for any significant amount of time, though we always had a good relationship. What if I'd moved back in with them for another 5-10 years? Would I have felt the urge to tell? I kind of doubt it. As it is, after I got married, it took me 12 years to talk about diapers with my wife, and that was after she found my stuff. Fortunately it went ok!

Last edited:
Reactions: BBBen, PadPhilosopher, NabePup and 3 others
I didn't tell her, both of my parents discovered them, ahahah!! 😂

They know about it and they respect it tho 😁

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Skunkdude and Diprs2
Interesting question. Have you ever considered that she likely already knows?

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Diprs2
My Mother never found the diapers that I had hidden, and she never found out I wear diapers for she died before I became Incontinent and now need Diapers and Plastic Pants.🤨 My Dad never knew he was a truck driver.;) Interesting fact my father had Parkinsons and was in a VA Home and they had him diapered long before he died. :rolleyes:

• Sad
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, artemisenterri, Diprs2 and 1 other person
Needing to wear as an adult there was a time after surgery I had trouble changing myself. I was staying at my parents.
Although growing up my mom was always finding my “diapers,” what I was using for them and she never understood why why and neither did I at the time.
But when I needed her help it was with lots of mixed feelings.
I didn’t let her see me naked as I’d be able to get them pulled between my legs and cover things before she came in to help me finish.
But several years later when I was inpatient at a special hospital to deal with severe childhood trauma, a therapist had me call and ask my mom why she felt it necessary to diaper punish me for accidents until I was almost six and how I felt it played into my being like this.
Later, I felt really bad about this, but those initial years of coming to an understanding of being like this was very messy.

Reactions: Blekyss, PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and 2 others
My mum knew i was abdl for a few years before she died. She knew my x was abdl too. She never really accepted it, but she became passive about it. I think if she were alive now and she knew i was 247, she would probably be ok with it, but only because she would have wamted me to be happy.

Reactions: dogboy, PadPhilosopher, Subtlerustle and 2 others
I currently share my mom's house after being kicked out of the house my wife and kids live in. I don't know what she knows about my interests, I'm not sure I would want her to know, and I don't know how she'd react if I were to mention it and she doesn't already know...

My wife knows and absolutely hates it, frequently threatening to out me to her family, friends, and the world in general...

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: Blekyss, PadPhilosopher, babyscotty37 and 4 others
Kinda but not exactly. I still live at home and when my mom caught me in a wet diaper one morning when she came to wake me up I told her I had started wetting the bed again.

• Wow
Reactions: Blekyss, PadPhilosopher, BabyHailey1977 and 1 other person
Bryle said:
Kinda but not exactly. I still live at home and when my mom caught me in a wet diaper one morning when she came to wake me up I told her I had started wetting the bed again.
How did that go over?

• Thinking
Reactions: PadPhilosopher
BabyHailey1977 said:
How did that go over?
She has this rule that if you wet the bed you are to be in a diaper. I kinda figured it was just for younger kids like me when younger and my little brother. But the short version on what happened is she said good thing you had on a diaper. And she required me to be in a diaper every night till dry. I'll still diapered every night.

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: Wheatland, PadPhilosopher, denimchicken and 3 others
It kind of depends on your personal situation i guess, if its something that you privately enjoy or is one of your kinks there shouldnt be any need to share unless you want to, but if its something you feel was brought on by emotions and your struggles then maybe talking about it is good? Either way no one has a right to know about it if you dont want them to. Just go with whatever makes you happiest! :)

BabyHailey1977 said:
I told my mom about it a few years ago. I discussed it in one of my posts. She’s had a conflicting reacting to it, sometimes she’s ok, others she’s not.

But this last weekend I stayed with my parents to attend my sister’s wedding and something incredible happened. My mom has smacked my butt when she hugs me since I was a child. Only me, not my siblings. When I got there late Friday night, she did it and then followed me into the bedroom to help me get situated. She asked why I wasn’t wearing a diaper and I said because I didn’t want them to feel uncomfortable. She said not to worry about it, and be me. So I was dispersed the rest of the weekend without issue.
Wow !
How lovely ☺️

Reactions: Blekyss, PadPhilosopher and BabyHailey1977
Cottontail said:
Not really. When I was 4-5 years old, Mom threatened to put me back in diapers. I can't remember why. When I jumped at the opportunity, she withdrew the threat. :) That was the one and only time I openly acknowledged a desire to be in diapers. Shortly after that I began to realize that my feelings weren't "normal," and I made sure to keep them to myself. Mom later caught me with diapers, including once when I was wearing only a diaper. She didn't punish me, but it was quite humiliating and made me feel terrible.

I moved away to college when I was 18, and never again lived with my parents for any significant amount of time, though we always had a good relationship. What if I'd moved back in with them for another 5-10 years? Would I have felt the urge to tell? I kind of doubt it. As it is, after I got married, it took me 12 years to talk about diapers with my wife, and that was after she found my stuff. Fortunately it went ok!
Excellent ♥️

Davvyboy said:
Wow !
How lovely ☺️
I thought so too. But then she’s been hit and miss with it. She just wants me to be happy

Reactions: Blekyss, PadPhilosopher, Subtlerustle and 1 other person
BabyHailey1977 said:
I thought so too. But then she’s been hit and miss with it. She just wants me to be happy
That's a proper mum !
How lovely 😍
Really pleased for you.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and BabyHailey1977
I had a mental breakdown a while back and said that I like wearing diapers for comfort to my mom, she was accepting of it.

Reactions: Blekyss, PadPhilosopher and Davvyboy
Heyo1138 said:
I had a mental breakdown a while back and said that I like wearing diapers for comfort to my mom, she was accepting of it.
Fantastic !
Hope you are back on your feet Amigo ?!!

Reactions: Blekyss and PadPhilosopher
I haven't told my mom and don't plan to. I'm sure she'd be accepting and okay with it (and when I was younger I wasn't flat out caught, but there were signs that maybe some of my things were found at one point 😅 ). I don't feel much of a need to tell her or for her to know.

My mom passed from cancer when I was 18. She was 42 at the time. I never considered telling her while she was around.

Heck, I think she is a contributing factor. I was potty trained by age two, but started wetting the bed again at age 3. She put me back in Pampers and I remember every single detail.

When I started to fantasize about wanting to wear diapers the last thing I wanted to think about was my mom changing my diaper. But it was always a beautiful, caring woman who was changing my diaper. Just sayin.'

• Sad
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, MikeRotch and artemisenterri
Never considered telling my mother (or anyone else) about being ABDL.

Reactions: Blekyss and PadPhilosopher
Back