Has anyone else experienced this problem?

BubbaBoy95

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
Up until recently I have been having on/off issues with my urinary IC, sometimes I can go a day or two with no problems at all, maybe the odd little bit of dribble sometimes nothing at all, I always get brave and decide not to wear when I’m going through a good stage, however this never usually last more than a couple of days and then it gets really bad, like to the point I’m emptying my bladder a couple times every few hours, night time as usual is always bad because of the muscles being relaxed and I have accepted this now, but me and my GP are struggling to understand why I almost go through cycles with it and the sheer scale of difference as described, during a good phase, I get the urge to go to the toilet and when it’s bad, I wet myself without even knowing or realising!

Has anyone else had this sort of thing and if so how do you deal with it?

As usual any and all help is most appreciated,

M

Last edited:
A few questions. Are you greatly changing your hydration level?

Are you in any pain killers?

Does anything else change during the cycle?

I am not ic but I find it easier to we when I'm really hydrated or in a we diaper already.

For me there is a psychological prob of it. I've head that pain killers can affect the ability to feel when you need to go.

Yes, sounds familiar to me... I feel better when I finished the day without accidents - how ever I'm not that brave to go without protection. Sometimes I mention it the evening before or in the morning and then I change from pads to diapers but sometimes it comes out of the blue and these are the really worse days. How to deal with...? Change and hope for better days.

I tried a lot and yes sometimes it's my own fault, because I did't stay with my diet but in general this is the situation I have to live with for the time beeing - and it's definitely better then having accidents all over day.

WanderingToddler said:
A few questions. Are you greatly changing your hydration level?

Are you in any pain killers?

Does anything else change during the cycle?

I am not ic but I find it easier to we when I'm really hydrated or in a we diaper already.

For me there is a psychological prob of it. I've head that pain killers can affect the ability to feel when you need to go.

I don’t change what i drink at all! I’m on Venlafaxine atm for depression but that’s about it, nothing else changes at all, except me haha!

Reactions: checkingoutall
Yes my incontinence fluctuates all over the place. And it doesn't seem to make much difference how much I drink, I can drink lots somedays and make it to the toilet every time and wake up to a mostly dry nappy. But some times I'll drink buga all and wake up drenched and be having accidents all day. No real rime or reason that I can make out.

toyboy said:
Yes my incontinence fluctuates all over the place. And it doesn't seem to make much difference how much I drink, I can drink lots somedays and make it to the toilet every time and wake up to a mostly dry nappy. But some times I'll drink buga all and wake up drenched and be having accidents all day. No real rime or reason that I can make out.

I have been offered a catheter but I have out rightly refused that, any other ways to stop this happening?

Also if you don’t mind me asking, what type of IC do you have and what were your symptoms, I’m currently under investigation to determine exactly what it is that I have

I have not been diagnosed. I went for a bunch of tests some years ago and they could not find anything, I had one last test to go when the government decided to honour an election promise and shortin the hospital waiting lists. Thay did this by wiping a large number of people from the list and telling us you had to start all over again. I didn't want to do through it all again so I just carry on wearing nappies.

Reactions: BubbaBoy95
yes, me too. Thank god, i thought I was the only one with on and off inco lol

One thing you need to do is go see a urologist. A GP normally doesn't have enough background in bladder incontinence other than prescribing medications that might help but have some bad side effects. A urologist can run some test that might help them figure this out. I have no bladder control, when my bladder want to go, it goes no matter if I want it to or not. I personally have gone through all the meds, Botox injections, using Foley Catheters, doing intermitten catheters and nothing helped. For me to live a normal productive life and have a quality of life that I want to live, diapers are the only thing that allows me to do that.

Reactions: BubbaBoy95
Unfortunately Incontinence issues are unpredictable and yes we can have some good days when your incontinence issues first start and you feel you can venture out with out a diaper but good days can and do turn bad with out warning. I would rather wear a diaper 24/7 and change out of a perfect a dry diaper at the end of the day then risk a good day turning bad,

Even when you change out of a dry diaper its not a waste as it did its job to protect you but you just didn't need it :) unfortunately IC issues grow worse over time and quicker when you wear and use your diaper but you need a diaper for the bad days its a catch 22.

Reactions: toyboy
Rob110 said:
Even when you change out of a dry diaper its not a waste as it did its job to protect you but you just didn't need it :) unfortunately IC issues grow worse over time and quicker when you wear and use your diaper but you need a diaper for the bad days its a catch 22.

This is especially for OAB the case. When you have still some control you should try to keep this. If you let it run when ever an urge occurs, it's very likely that your bladder capacity will shrink on the long run and cause even more trouble and less control.

For OAB it's not unusual to have good or bad days. There are a lot of things that can influence the problem, starting from eating and drinking the wrong things over stress or wight and sugar values. This might seem a bit unusual but UIC is not that binary. If somethings "brocken" like a nerve damage, then it's mostly obvious why you leak / or can't urinate and there are normaly no "good or bad days". With OAB it's different because you will often not find the rout cause.

How ever - the good news with OAB (as well as with stress UIC) is that it might be easier to cure, and there are a lot of things you can do to improve your situation.

Back