Has anybody got any tips on washing stuffies (soft toys.)

siysiy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
Has anybody got any tips on washing stuffies (soft toys.)

My Little’s stuffie (Michael Monkey) is a very smelly monkey and he need a wash.

I will need to have him washed and dried before Isaac's bedtime as he won't sleep without him.

But I will need to a get Michael off Issac without any tears. I have said to him the I will put my Stuffie in the washing machine with Michael, so that Michael is not on his own. And I think this has done the trick.

We have a fun day planned so that Isaac is not thinking about Michael all the time while he is in the washing machine, the only thing is he will need one of the other stuffies with him as Michael goes everywhere with him. Unless he is pretending to be a grown up and Adulting, then Isaac has one of his smalls stuffts with him that will fit in his bag.

Issic and Michael.jpg
My Little with his Michel Monkey

So washing Michel Monkey and Peter Rabbit. On what temp do you think they should go on?

It is a washer dryer. Do you think they will be OK in the machine?

Is there another way I can give Michel a wash and dried, with in about a 6 hours?

Thanks

Siysiy

Last edited:
i don't know much about washing stuff but i do know you can do some serious damage if you don't do it properly. take that into consideration

don't dry on high heat, it could melt the fur. I had a few bears end up with matted and brittle fur. I'm guessing hand wash, then dry on lowest setting with a few dry bath towels to absorb the water quicker.

I have one plushy which i wash every now and then (since i almost always have it on me, so it gets dirty quite quickly). I hand-wash it gently and then leave him on the heater, which is turned to low, for a couple hours. But the plushy i'm talking about is a lot smaller then the one you are talking about, so it might take a bit longer for you. I personally am way too scared to put it in a dryer, especially since this plushy is old and already a bit damaged, and i don't want it to be damaged more.

I have two big bears I machine wash at the same time. (That ballances the load so I won't break the machine). I wash them with warm water, and put it on the bulk cycle. I also machine dry them. Don't put it on high temp, but do manually set the time for as long as you can.

Hand wash to play it safe. Otherwise I like to put my stuffies in a pillow case and run a gentle or slow cycle. You always risk damage to stuffies this way though. It all depends on how hardy Micheal is

I also wash them in a pillow case on a gentle cycle. I never put them in the dryer, I think the risk of damaging them is too high.

Oh, and never forget to prepare your little friends for what is going to happen to them; a washing machine can be very scary!

Is there a tag on the plushie that tells about washing?

Do you know enough about the plushier maker to do a search to see what the washing instructions are?

I know there are some stuffed toys that can't be washed and some that can be washed in the washing machine and dryer just like regular clothes.

I don't have any specific suggestions other than what has been said previously.

Makubird said:
I also wash them in a pillow case on a gentle cycle. I never put them in the dryer, I think the risk of damaging them is too high.
This is exactly how my mom taught me to do it. Pop your buddies in a pillowcase with mild detergent (I like Dreft for the nice smell it leaves), hit the delicate cycle on either warm or cold (not hot!).

You can dry them in the machine set to Air (no heat). That will take about an hour, fair warning.

Before washing make sure the seams are tight and secure and that none of the fluffing interior is about to escape.
If so get out a needle and thread and sew the stuffy up. Loose eye pieces - flopping ears - way-ward tail - button
detailing check all these.
As for washing - I have found washing with several Turkish towels to cushion the laundry action on a low-medium wash
cycle works best. Drying time - never hot - just the medium range for a few minutes and then turn off the heat and go
to air-fluff - when drying with the towels these will tend to pull the moisture out of the stuffy and again cushion the
action instead of pounding the hell out poor dear stuffy flopping around solo in the machine.

Hi Every one.

Will today is the day we do the deed, at the moment little Isaac is cuddling Michel Monkey in bed.

our morning route at the weekends starts about 7.30, I check on my Little to see if we are dry. mostly he is but we can not afford to wast Diapers and this will usual get him to use it. then we wont cuddles and reassuring that he is a good boy and it OK to be in Little space and its OK to be him self. also we run through what is going to happen today.

It Sunday at 9.00am when I am typing this so my Little can stay in, Little space all day if he wont's to, unless he really wont's to come back up. I will be holding him in a Little head space all day,

I really enjoy the caregiver role as well. you get to look-after some one that is putting there complete trust in you. and you get to have fun with them.

any way soon I will start his day with a Sippy Cup of coffee and put cartoons on for him.

after my Little has got dressed. I am think jeans over his snap crotch onesie and a hoodie. and we had breakfast.

It is going to be time that we put Michel Monkey and Peter Rabat into the washing machine.

I hope to be able to share this with you all.

Hugs

Siysiy

Reactions: Vikingbab
Aww, look at you. "your little" as "the caregiver". Sooo cute. You make a wonderful big brother.

Reactions: Vikingbab and siysiy
Hi

as Promised the up dated.

First, we need to get Peter and Michel ready for the wash, because you done have a bath with our cloths on, so they hat to get naked stuffies.

getting ready.jpg

Michel Monkey talked Jane the zebra in joining them, as you can tell Peter is to far gone to be worried about being naked, I must try to help him, cut back on the grass, even through it help my chill out.

in the wash.jpg

We put them on a baby wash (delicate wash) followed by 60 min dry cycle.

When they finished we helped them back into there clothing, they looked a lot better and smelled much better.

All clean. jeg.jpg

Little Isaac and I played board games in the evening and Meckel helped Isaac win, Isaac said that he was getting his own back, and Peter did do anything to hele me.

Well Isaac and I are back to work and trying to be an adult now. I am not sore the next weekend will be. We are hoping to have one in February, but it is going to depend on whether Isaac and I, can get time off work,

But less I have Peter Rabbit to cuddle,

Reactions: Trevor
Back