harnesses

Chamed said:
These are available in adult sizes don't let the address throw you off.
childharness.ca
These are really well made and can be made rather escape proof for those who are naughty.
These are for Autistic and Intellectually Disabled adults like myself.

caitianx said:
I do own one of those and they are GORGEOUS !

caitianx said:
Do you have one and is it ever worn while in public?

Chamed said:
Do you have one and is it ever worn while in public?
I mainly use mine at home for sleeping (helps sleep apnea by preventing me turning on my back).

Hey all. I’m seriously considering buying a harness from childharness.ca, however security is really important to me (somehow knowing I can escape really takes the excitement away from wearing it) so I’m trying to figure out how escape proof it would be, and, if there’s a way I could make it more so.

It seems they have some buckles that require two hands to unlock, AND you can affix some Velcro based covers over the top of them, but I’m not sure whether someone determined enough could still work their way through this.

Secondly, and this is something I’ve done with other sets of reins, I’m wondering whether your hands could be secured somehow with webbing wrist straps. A few potential options come to mind:

1. Securing them behind your back. This particular harness is perfect for that as you have a large, strong O-ring to connect them to, however this also brings your hands close to the locking buckles which, ironically, may actually help you to undo them.
2. Securing them together at the front-middle of the harness. This would certainly fix the rear escape problem, however there’s no obvious place to attach the strap, beyond just wrapping something around the piece if webbing between the shoulder straps. This might work, but it’s far from ideal. I’d love it if an extra small o-ring or d-ring could be added at the front below the webbing, but I’m super unpractical at stuff like that.
3. The final option, which Reincheck used to also offer, is to strap your wrists to the side of the harness. This is probably my favourite approach as it’s super secure, but also very comfortable and natural feeling. The challenge though is how to attach the wrist webbing to the harness itself. Perhaps you could thread something through the size adjuster strap? I’m not sure how well that would work, but it might. Alternately, perhaps you could sew a small additional piece of webbing onto the side of the chest strap and loop a webbing cuff through it. This might restrict its rEd ability though, so you’d have to make sure you had that in order first.

Anyway, that’s a bit of a brain dump of mine. Welcome any thoughts you have!

Reactions: tiboonti
rootthelucario said:
what are you favorite harnesses?
Hi,

I have a pretty one and like many my only problem with it is having someone hold the reins. They’re my baby reins and they don’t lock, not all that strong but I think they’re cute.

View attachment 75316

Jenny xx

🥰🥰

browsedontop said:
Hey all. I’m seriously considering buying a harness from childharness.ca, however security is really important to me (somehow knowing I can escape really takes the excitement away from wearing it) so I’m trying to figure out how escape proof it would be, and, if there’s a way I could make it more so.

It seems they have some buckles that require two hands to unlock, AND you can affix some Velcro based covers over the top of them, but I’m not sure whether someone determined enough could still work their way through this.

Secondly, and this is something I’ve done with other sets of reins, I’m wondering whether your hands could be secured somehow with webbing wrist straps. A few potential options come to mind:

1. Securing them behind your back. This particular harness is perfect for that as you have a large, strong O-ring to connect them to, however this also brings your hands close to the locking buckles which, ironically, may actually help you to undo them.
2. Securing them together at the front-middle of the harness. This would certainly fix the rear escape problem, however there’s no obvious place to attach the strap, beyond just wrapping something around the piece if webbing between the shoulder straps. This might work, but it’s far from ideal. I’d love it if an extra small o-ring or d-ring could be added at the front below the webbing, but I’m super unpractical at stuff like that.
3. The final option, which Reincheck used to also offer, is to strap your wrists to the side of the harness. This is probably my favourite approach as it’s super secure, but also very comfortable and natural feeling. The challenge though is how to attach the wrist webbing to the harness itself. Perhaps you could thread something through the size adjuster strap? I’m not sure how well that would work, but it might. Alternately, perhaps you could sew a small additional piece of webbing onto the side of the chest strap and loop a webbing cuff through it. This might restrict its rEd ability though, so you’d have to make sure you had that in order first.

Anyway, that’s a bit of a brain dump of mine. Welcome any thoughts you have!

I got a harness from childharness.ca years ago, and I'm glad I did because it was the only place I'd found where I could find a child-style harness in my size. But the straps are pretty thin, and the buckles are not escape-resistant, so I don't think it would give you the security you're looking for.

Have you looked at something like Crunchy Curl? The models are all in fursuits but their stuff works perfectly well on non-furries. The default straps are wider than the ones from childharness.ca, and you can get extra thick/stiff straps and metal buckles if you really like that feeling of being strapped in. I have one sort of like the picture below with the double leg straps, and even though it doesn't lock on, I certainly feel harnessed. I got the thick straps and steel buckles, so it's pretty heavy. In fact I weighed it just now and it's just shy of four pounds.

DSC00435__39721.1623951507.jpg

DSC00218__90182.1623953642.jpg

They don't offer locking buckles on the site that I've noticed, but you could ask about it. They might be expensive.

Their catalog has an After Dark section which is more openly about bondage, everything from straps and cuffs to full body binding. Most of the harnesses on the site have lots of O-rings and D-rings, and you can have more added. Nearly all of the buckles are in the front, so even if you had to go outside of Crunchy Curl to get some locking cuffs for the sides or back, you might find the setup you're looking for.

Armbinder1__62933.1623950804.jpg

FullBody2__57274.1623951084.jpg

Last edited:
They look very interesting, and good quality.

Does anyone know of a way to contact June at myspecialharness? I ordered multiple sets of custom reins from her once in the past and they were AMAZING. I want to order a couple more however I’m not sure how to get hold of her.

johnjones said:
Does anyone know of a way to contact June at myspecialharness? I ordered multiple sets of custom reins from her once in the past and they were AMAZING. I want to order a couple more however I’m not sure how to get hold of her.
Don't know how to reach her but http://mybiggerharness.etsy.com should be as good as hers ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Bigbabybret and Luvshugs
Back