Had a bit of a delivery error just now... any advice?

VeeDL

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
Hi, I know this is so sudden after I joined, and suddenly I remembered hearing about this forum, and well... I need a bit of help in this situation!

So I ordered a 10-pack of PeekABU Medium from Amazon the other day. I was quite excited for it... until I opened the package and realized that not only is it the wrong design (Little King, which I would be okay with normally), but it's the wrong size: it was X-Large! So now I'm wondering what to do in this situation...

I could attempt to wear it, I have worn Rearz Large before but I found that medium fits somewhat better. But that would require me opening the pack itself and would probably be unable to return it, and it is a 10-pack and not a sample.

The other option is to return it, which I did pick UPS Dropoff, but I will admit that I'm nervous about it. Amazon did say to put the item in a box and put a label on it, but I'm worried that UPS would either scan it and know what's in it, or worse, open it. For the record, I don't mind IF they know what it is in a private room, like I'm not there to see them face to face, but I would not want them to know about it while I'm there.

I'm personally leaning towards returning it, since it is a 10-pack, and if I wanted to experiment with larger diapers, I'd order a sample pack. But again, I'm nervous about them finding out what's in it. Of course, I could just be overly paranoid about it.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: oldskool, ILuvDiapers, Angelapinks and 1 other person
If you're concerned, just call ABU and ask them. I mean, they'll totally understand concerns about returning and maybe help you out some other way.

Reactions: oldskool, Prillprillprill, Angelapinks and 1 other person
I'd return, but @Bearcatz idea is pretty good too. Talk to them. Always worth doing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Angelapinks
Contact them, they will probably send you the right product free of charge. They most likely won't accept the item back as it is of private nature. You can post it on Craigslist or kijiji. Get some money back for them. Also if you are on other buy and sell sites where you can appear somewhat anonymous to offload them. Fetlife is also an option if you are on there.

Reactions: oldskool, TigerDL and Rusher
Just tell amazon they screwed up that you opened them and didn't get the correct size. They might say about returning them , then say it's adult diapers and you shouldn't halfto return them because it's a personal product that's open, and then they'll usually give you a credit or re order the correct ones. You won't halfto return them, I had that issue with Walmart and Amazon they sent diapers that were either damaged , or not correct amount , got one out of a case instead of three, and never had a issue with there support chats

Reactions: TigerDL
If you want to experiment with larges as a medium, these XLs are way too big to mess with. Contact Amazon, and if they don't help you, contact ABU. This is unacceptable. Your order was completely wrong. Who's running that joint?

I've been wearing large diapers as a medium, and they aren't too bad. I've tried MM, Rearz, Bambino, Tykables and NRU in large, and the only brand I'd advise you to stay in your regular size is Northshore's MM. They already run bigger than other diapers, so going up a size in those might be a bit too much if you're on the low end spectrum of the medium size. I haven't tried any ABU diapers in large though.

Yeah, I ordered it off of Amazon, specifically through Amazon Prime. I hit the return option, and went with the UPS drop-off. I just received the return label, all I need to do is attach it to the package that the diapers came in. I'm only just nervous about the folks and UPS asking about it. Amazon also stated that once they receive the product, they will refund me for Amazon's wallet, which I do intend on using to HOPEFULLY getting the right pack next time.

Return it. Even if someone @UPS learns there are adult diapers in the box, they won't know what kind or who they're for. Don't over think this. You have nothing to fer in this scenario. If they're secure in a sealed box there is absolutely zero risk for you.

CptKirk

Reactions: AttilaThePun and Angelapinks
VeeDL said:
Yeah, I ordered it off of Amazon, specifically through Amazon Prime. I hit the return option, and went with the UPS drop-off. I just received the return label, all I need to do is attach it to the package that the diapers came in. I'm only just nervous about the folks and UPS asking about it. Amazon also stated that once they receive the product, they will refund me for Amazon's wallet, which I do intend on using to HOPEFULLY getting the right pack next time.
Who cares about UPS asking about it? It ain't their business to ask. Once the deal is done, these events never took place. This is the way.

VeeDL said:
Hi, I know this is so sudden after I joined, and suddenly I remembered hearing about this forum, and well... I need a bit of help in this situation!

So I ordered a 10-pack of PeekABU Medium from Amazon the other day. I was quite excited for it... until I opened the package and realized that not only is it the wrong design (Little King, which I would be okay with normally), but it's the wrong size: it was X-Large! So now I'm wondering what to do in this situation...

I could attempt to wear it, I have worn Rearz Large before but I found that medium fits somewhat better. But that would require me opening the pack itself and would probably be unable to return it, and it is a 10-pack and not a sample.

The other option is to return it, which I did pick UPS Dropoff, but I will admit that I'm nervous about it. Amazon did say to put the item in a box and put a label on it, but I'm worried that UPS would either scan it and know what's in it, or worse, open it. For the record, I don't mind IF they know what it is in a private room, like I'm not there to see them face to face, but I would not want them to know about it while I'm there.

I'm personally leaning towards returning it, since it is a 10-pack, and if I wanted to experiment with larger diapers, I'd order a sample pack. But again, I'm nervous about them finding out what's in it. Of course, I could just be overly paranoid about it.
This is clearly on Amazon and not you. They have sent both the wrong diaper and wrong size! Clowns! 🤡 They should arrange to collect the item from you and replace it with what you ordered PeekABU size M. If they don't have PeekABU size M in stock, then they should refund you in full, and collect the wrong item at their expense.

This is on them, not you. Go through customer services. Don't worry about the courier if it is boxed and labelled, they wont open it. The label just has a returns code on it, which is what they scan into the system. (y):giggle:

Reactions: oldskool and Rusher
Amazon is really good about returns especially wrong size wrong ones. As far as scanning from UPS so what? Like someone posted they don’t know who they are for. Plus unless you’re delivery person is nosy, their pickups are pretty large. I would worry a bit too. Beats eating the cost or trying to be comfortable in a bigger size. Calling the company is also a good idea. As they will probably offer to send a pack to avoid potentially losing a customer

VeeDL said:
VeeDL said:
UPS will not know what's in the package, nor will they care. You will bring the package in, place it on the counter or scale, they'll scan the label barcode to enter it into the system, and then they'll take it and put it on the pile of all the other packages that have been dropped off. That UPS store gets so many packages, they don't care what's in it, they're just doing their job. The only way they would know what was in it is if you bring the diapers in without a box and ask them to box it for you. Amazon does not list what the contents are of the box; the shipping label just has the addresses and weight of the package.

Reactions: Rusher and Dry247
Hey guys, so! Update, I did manage to return it. It was nice and easy, and I should be getting my refund soon! I will admit, I worry a lot sometimes. But man, hopefully Amazon will give me the correct order next time! Or ABUniverse rather, if they're the ones shipping through Amazon.

Reactions: TigerDL and Rusher
I am almost thankful when Amazon ships 2 day via Postal service. I saw that now instead of being able to request a box over the item. You need to buy gift wrapping.
They are quick but certain things should be discreet

Antientmariner said:
Who cares about UPS asking about it? It ain't their business to ask. Once the deal is done, these events never took place. This is the way.
Yes, I sincerely doubt that shipping some ABU diapers would even be in UPS's hypothetical Journal Of Weird Items - not even *close* to bizarre. Their job is to transport and deliver goods to make money. If it isn't growling, howling, ticking, or actively emitting fumes/smoke/vapor, I doubt they give a rodents furry rump what's in the box.

• Haha
Reactions: theancientmariner
VeeDL said:

Even if UPS *did* find out what's in the box, for all they know, you might have intended to brighten up the day of your mom who's just home from urological surgery, or your sister who just had a baby, or some friend's large kid who likes bright colors. What's more, I doubt they'd care. Their drivers are probably diapered because their schedule is brutal and they don't have time to use a bathroom, even if they could find one freely available. Practice an unruffled expression/poker face or decide not to be embarrassed, and drop off the package. I'm sure things will be fine.

Reactions: Rusher
Things ordered through Amazon have to be dealt with on Amazon's platforms- contacting retailers direct breaks the terms and conditions and makes Amazon sad. They are usually very good at solving problems like having sent you the wrong item. Our items sold on Amazon are packed and shipped by Amazon rather than us (which usually means they arrive in Amazon branding packaging too).
UPS will not know what is inside the package unless it is hazardous and requires specific handling.

Reactions: TigerDL
ABUMichaelUK said:
Things ordered through Amazon have to be dealt with on Amazon's platforms- contacting retailers direct breaks the terms and conditions and makes Amazon sad. They are usually very good at solving problems like having sent you the wrong item. Our items sold on Amazon are packed and shipped by Amazon rather than us (which usually means they arrive in Amazon branding packaging too).
UPS will not know what is inside the package unless it is hazardous and requires specific handling.
Why does Amazon insist on sending Adult daipers in the retail box or a clear bag? There is no option to have it sent in a cardboard box? Only gift wrapping? I’ll never order daipers through Amazon due to this.

Glad to read you're not an OB/GYNo_O

• Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: GabyinPurple and CptKirk
Reactions: OriginalWetone
Back