Got my 2nd COVID vaccine shot and...

bambinobaby

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I got my 2nd COVID vaccine shot and later in the day, it totally sucked the life out of me. HUGE fatigue kicked in about 12 hours after getting the shot, and I had chills all night. I am so thankful that I was in thick diapers throughout the night. I'm hydrating myself and called in sick from work today (first time in 25 years that I've done that). I don't have the chills anymore, but am still super tired/fatigued. Grateful I have lots of diapers on hand so I don't have to get out of bed...just wish I had somebody to care for me and change me.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, neophyte, Sheepies and 2 others
Last time i was in bed legit sick was in 2014. Had the flu I think. I had the old purple molicare super Pluses, but unfortunatly, i accidently ordered a pack of smalls, so they didnt fit too well, but did their job somehow.

When i go up to Alaska to fish and come back, NOTHING is more therapeutic and bliss than my 1st diaper in months where i can finally sleep in, and relax.

Reactions: Ratso and DiaperedBedwetter1998
I hear that's a pretty common side effect after the second shot but it goes away in a few days.

Hope it passes soon! Great use of diapers to save your achy body from getting up.

Pretty common for a lot of vaccins, I have that regularly when getting a flu vaccin.

Hope you feel better!
And congrats on the vaccine!

yep those aren't really the virus doing that, that's just the body's reaction to the invasion. You're tired and cold because your body has diverted a lot of energy to making antibodies and that means you'll be weak and chilled for awhile. But that'll lead to a very strong "memory" of the virus, which should give you excellent immunity, so that's the good side of it

Reactions: RedPandaDL and Yooo
The TV doctors have said that's what happens. They also said most people get over the reaction in 24 hours. I hope you're feeling better now.

Glad you had the vaccine, here in Canada, we follow a priority system to get our vaccines, I should receive mine around august or early september if everything is working according to plan, so 7-9 months of confinement for me because healthy 40 yrs old aren't on their priority list and for our 2nd shot, we may only receive them 90 days after the 1st one, our prime minister is a stupid idiot that doesn't want to listen to what the vaccine companies said that we should get our 2nd shot not later than 28 days after the 1st one.

Thanks for all the well wishes, all! As others predicted, I did feel better today and went to work at about 80-90% energy level. I consider myself very lucky to have received the vaccine, and hope all who want it can get it soon...my 80+ year old father is still on the wait list to get his, so I feel other people's pains in waiting for theirs.

Antientmariner said:
When i go up to Alaska to fish and come back, NOTHING is more therapeutic and bliss than my 1st diaper in months where i can finally sleep in, and relax.
Your a fisherman like in deadliest catch? Thats way cool and very interesting, bet you have some great sea stories.

Reactions: theancientmariner
Bummer that you had a reaction. I had both shots and did not have any reaction. Most of the people I work with did not either. I think there was one or two that had a reaction but mostly just a sore arm. Should clear up in a day or two.

SoakedinTexas said:
Bummer that you had a reaction. I had both shots and did not have any reaction. Most of the people I work with did not either. I think there was one or two that had a reaction but mostly just a sore arm. Should clear up in a day or two.

I suspect the people with the bad reactions are probably the ones that would have died from exposure to the real thing

pampers4U said:
Your a fisherman like in deadliest catch? Thats way cool and very interesting, bet you have some great sea stories.
Only fished on the Bering once in 2019, but have been going up to Bristol Bay every summer since '15. I specialize in salmon.

bambinod said:
I suspect the people with the bad reactions are probably the ones that would have died from exposure to the real thing

Not so sure about that. 99% sure I had Corona last January before testing was a thing. It sucked, but I wasn't hospitalized or anything. Also, it appears there is some difference in reactions depending on the vaccine, blood type, and lots of other variable factors. I had the Moderna vaccine, FYI. I'm a first responder, so most of the people that I work with are young and considered "healthy." Reactions amongst my co-workers were all over the place, which I imagine will be indicative of the population at-large.

I have 5 of the risk factors and have had the virus. No vaccine for me. But, I don't get flu shots; and, I have not gotten the recommended pneumonia shots, either. I take enough meds every day to last most people a lifetime; so, I'm not taking anything else to "maybe" prevent me catching something in the future. Glad you're feeling better. (y)

Reactions: jellyjigger
Funny you should mention this...

I got my first shot, and about 20 hours later, started experiencing side effects: chills, fever, extreme fatigue, etc. The most notable symptom as I laid on the couch in my office uncomfortable as all-hell was the fact I had to pee A LOT, like 8 times in the course of 3 hours. I found myself fervently wishing I was just diapered so I wouldn't have to get up and get cold again.

Fortunately, that part let up by evening, but I had already told myself that if it was still going at bedtime, I was breaking out a diaper, wife/kids-in-the-house-be-damned.

Guess we'll see how shot #2 goes in a couple of weeks.

Back