Goodnites Vs Pullups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slomo said:
You actually make a good example for the definition of fit. You say they barely fit you, which in that right they do not actually "fit" you because it is not a proper fit.

Yes you can get them on fairly comfortably, and yes they do work for you. I'm not arguing that, nor am I saying you shouldn't be using them. You may be in the absolute upper range of getting thrm to work right, and that's great you can get away with it. I'm just saying don't pretend they actually fit you as intended for small kids.

And yeah, everyone else who say they can just barely squeeze into them therefore they fit, they are just kidding themselves.
If you want me to post a picture showing I have a 27 inch waist and hips I can do so, as an added bonus I am not very well endowed so that helps too. I have only about 3 percent body fat, and I am not that built, and don't have big bones. Once you are in your 20's you have to stay really fit and have some help with genetics to fit correctly as well as not have a large bone mass.

I can get them on without any issue, without them ever ripping or tearing, or any extra stretching or taking any special considerations, I can do whatever without ever having an issue. Goodnites L/XL were intended for a waist and hips of 27/28 inches or less. I actually wear boys size L or 12-14 underwear and they fit me the same as 10 years ago, what weight I gained I think was mostly muscle as my percent body fat is really low. I also have thin legs and thighs as well so that probably also helps a bit. Goodnites L/XL target audience extends up to children who wear size 14, the one main issue is likely my bladder capacity is likely a bit larger than they designed for. Other than that I am fairly confident that they fit me as the manufacturer intended, but whether my bladder capacity is the "right size" is really an unknown, if I had to guess it is likely larger but it could theoretically be within the design parameters.

I am fairly confident that I am at the very upper range of them fitting "properly" as you call it. But what I am saying as well is that anyone with a waist above 28" does not fit them "properly" or as the manufacturer intended.

As an addendum I can definitely say that Underjams do not fit me "properly" or as the manufacturer intended, these seem to only be designed for use with up to a 25 or 26 inch waist(& hips) or so. I can wear them as they do stretch but they do eventually tear some after wearing them overnight or all day, but they don't tear completely if that makes sense. So for comparison that would be an example of a product that I can put on and use but the sides gradually wear out, for me the sides last about 24 hours before completely ripping on one side. So they truthfully don't fit me as the manufacturer intended.

Last edited:
okmis said:
the one main issue is likely my bladder capacity is likely a bit larger than they designed for

Like I said, I'm not arguing you can get them on comfortably.

You mentioned a pretty big hinge point I've mentioned a number of times before too. The whole reason smaller baby diapers are size based on weight is because they know a certain body mass will produce a certain amount of urine. Go over the weight limit and now that diaper won't be able to handle the urine output as intended too.

Like I've said before, this is very much a part of getting a diaper to fit properly. So now my argument not only stands, but has been backed up even further. Thanks for the clarification.

And you were quoting fit and proper like you're not sure what they mean. Let me help you with that. No thanks necessary (although I'm only quoting one source here, so "take it with a grain of salt" as they say).

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/fit
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/proper

I can accept some people can fit into them and don't have a problem with them stating that, my issue is there are so many people here asking how to stop them leaking.

Slomo said:
You mentioned a pretty big hinge point I've mentioned a number of times before too. The whole reason smaller baby diapers are size based on weight is because they know a certain body mass will produce a certain amount of urine. Go over the weight limit and now that diaper won't be able to handle the urine output as intended too.
I weighed myself on a scale a few minutes ago on a digital scale and I am 121 pounds, and Goodnites state they go up to 125 pounds so I am technically within the weight limit too as well as the actual clothing size/waist size. So by your own logic I do then technically fit them as intended.
However, you can't rely on weight to determine the bladder capacity so that is a minor problem with your way you are looking at things. While the weight plays a role in urine output, the output is obviously based off of other factors as well.

okmis said:
I weighed myself on a scale a few minutes ago on a digital scale and I am 121 pounds, and Goodnites state they go up to 125 pounds so I am technically within the weight limit too as well as the actual clothing size/waist size. So by your own logic I do then technically fit them as intended.
However, you can't rely on weight to determine the bladder capacity so that is a minor problem with your way you are looking at things. While the weight plays a role in urine output, the output is obviously based off of other factors as well.

I think the point Slomo is going for is... while you fit the size range of the product you don't fit the development target age (youth still developing bladder) which would be the case for most adults. Even toddlers in baby diapers the wrong size will have leaks even when they physically fit.

ever tried wearing a goodnite with a tru fit pad? the pad swells up pretty well and if it cant handle anymore it'll go into the GN. I do wear a regular diaper over it just in case it leaks.

As for fit and leaks, see my post under "OMG, Pull ups?" Since as a general rule the goodnights especially are smaller and have a smaller landing pad, it seems to me that pointing down to use more of the pad makes sense. You will probably get about two decent but not great wetting before you should change and if are not pointing down you will most likely leak at the top of the landing pad. Just my two cents worth.
I have tried the tru fit pads inserted into the goodnights, but I wouldn't trust them for more than about two wettings. The pads expand so much quickly that again you are running a risk of leakage. At least, that is what happened to me, so other than having a thicker pull up, it really didn't help me much. I still use them but I try not to use it more than twice before changing at least the pad.

I'd also point out that if you intend to use your diaper overnight, it's very nearly impossible to avoid leaking in a "I managed to squeeze into it" fit. A little channel space is a requirement. Even diapers that I consider a "good but snug fit" that work for daywear I can't use for overnight because the padding is entirely pressed agains my body. Feels good during the day, may even work somewhat okay standing up, but no way will it work for laying down.

So I suppose I'd say go ahead with your plans of shoehorning on a baby diaper if you don't intend to use it. Otherwise, get something that fits you better. Maybe it's the difference between spandex and sweatpants ;)

okmis said:

Wow, you are petite. And yeah I have to conceede. You are technically within their maximum physical size and weight ratings, albiet at the very high end of just barely but none the less.

You are right about the weight/urine output for adults though. It's predictable for babies since they usually don't have to deal with dehydration. Adults dehydrate themselves way too oftent though, so that same standard just gets tossed out the window when applied to most of us.

Slomo said:
Wow, you are petite. And yeah I have to conceede. You are technically within their maximum physical size and weight ratings, albiet at the very high end of just barely but none the less.
From when I was in 5th grade through my last year of high school, during cross country season I ran 10-12 miles 5 days a week, I would occasionally run up to about 15 or 16, and run about 3-5 miles on Saturdays. During track season I would run about 3-5 miles a day (M-F) (I ran the 800, 1600 and 3200). I used to either walk, run or ride my bike to get wherever I wanted to go until I got my license. I also was on the swim team in the summer from when I was about 8 or 9 until I was 13, and had to swim laps 5 days a week and had I think one or two races a week. I used to also ride the entire length of a local bike trail for fun, which was about 28 miles plus 2 miles to get to the trail from my house. I also played tennis year round (usually practiced for at least an hour a day) and played in tournaments all the time from when I was 8 to 18. I was also on the football team from 3rd grade to 8th grade. I also played baseball from when I was 6 until when I was 14. I played basketball at the local YMCA from when I was 7 to 12, and on the church basketball team in when I was 13-17. I played on a travel soccer team from when I was 7-13 and an indoor team from 10-13. I also refereed soccer from when I was 9 to 17. And I have always seemed to naturally have a good metabolism, so between all the sports and activity I did and my metabolism I have always been really slim, like I said before my percent body fat is really low as well. Who knew that the long term benefit would be that I could correctly fit into Goodnites, maybe I will be able to 10 years from now. Since I graduated I high school, I am not quite as active but for instance on an average day at work I walk about 5 miles and I ride my bike about 10-15 miles on Saturdays or run about 3-5 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back