Goodnites Innovation 2023?

68Bonnie said:
Because then they'd get complaints about the product leaking before reaching the stated capacity, even for things outside of KC's control like how the user fitted the product on, how they were sitting/laying down, salt content of the urine (SAP can't absorb as much urine when it's dehydrated).

Source: I used to work customer support for KC on their Goodnites line (among other products in the medical devices and general paper goods departments; I never was properly trained on the baby care line). And yes, you read that correctly, even ~10 years ago, they knew that Goodnites were used for a LOT more than just children with bedwetting; we knew then that even petite adults with IC that weren't large enough for Depend's used them. That's one of the reasons why the "Pull-Ups" branding was dropped; not just about "dignity", but the simple fact that Pull-Ups are a part of a different division than Goodnites, these days.

Back in the day, I used to call KC and request coupons for Goodnites. The representative would always confirm that they were for small adults, as well as school-aged kids and teens. They never skipped a beat on sending me coupons to help save on the cost of buying them. Back then, I referred to Goodnites as "Old Faithful" because they simply worked for light issues, and they still do to this day.

On a further note: Today's XL Goodnites hold up a LOT better than the same size they offered in the late 1990's through early 2000's. The sides are a lot stronger these days, while the earlier version would sometimes start to tear like Pampers Ninjamas. And now, there are the Pull-Ups 5-6T size which can fit like a tight, low-cut brief. When worn where restrooms are available, they can last for 12 hours, or even 24 hours on someone with up to a 30" waist. Simply put: KC owns the pull-up market for anybody up to the size of a small/medium adult. Nothing else compares.

Reactions: GoodnitesXL21, AshtonFreecss, Prairie and 4 others
12srepaid said:
What month does changes typically happen for Goodnites?
We can speculate, but there 4 quarters per year for most business, and plans are decided sometimes way before they have a ready to release product, I'm gonna say they're probably testing it right now, I wouldn't be surprised if their planned release for theses could be with the start of new school year in late august or early September, but they could also release them in June or July or early December. I'm 99% sure they are working on them right now, we're just way too impatient to see them I guess.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and 12srepaid
CodyBaby said:
We can speculate, but there 4 quarters per year for most business, and plans are decided sometimes way before they have a ready to release product, I'm gonna say they're probably testing it right now, I wouldn't be surprised if their planned release for theses could be with the start of new school year in late august or early September, but they could also release them in June or July or early December. I'm 99% sure they are working on them right now, we're just way too impatient to see them I guess.
Personally, I wouldn't say that I'm impatiently waiting. Just very interested. I hope these will be a major help for both kids and parents.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and CodyBaby
12srepaid said:
Personally, I wouldn't say that I'm impatiently waiting. Just very interested. I hope these will be a major help for both kids and parents.
I'm like you, and know personally a few parents of special needs around my family (not direct family members but friends of them that I've met a few times) where theses products will be to some use, especially if they do the velcro sides system. I'm waiting, and we will see if it happens, I really think it will, just a matter of time.

Reactions: 12srepaid
CodyBaby said:
I'm like you, and know personally a few parents of special needs around my family (not direct family members but friends of them that I've met a few times) where theses products will be to some use, especially if they do the velcro sides system. I'm waiting, and we will see if it happens, I really think it will, just a matter of time.
Yes, Special needs kids, among other kids that diapers/pull-ups, or even adults that are incontinent should always be TOP PRIORITY, over those who wear diapers for fun.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and DiaperedBedwetter1998
Honeywell6180 said:
Back in the day, I used to call KC and request coupons for Goodnites. The representative would always confirm that they were for small adults, as well as school-aged kids and teens. They never skipped a beat on sending me coupons to help save on the cost of buying them. Back then, I referred to Goodnites as "Old Faithful" because they simply worked for light issues, and they still do to this day.

On a further note: Today's XL Goodnites hold up a LOT better than the same size they offered in the late 1990's through early 2000's. The sides are a lot stronger these days, while the earlier version would sometimes start to tear like Pampers Ninjamas. And now, there are the Pull-Ups 5-6T size which can fit like a tight, low-cut brief. When worn where restrooms are available, they can last for 12 hours, or even 24 hours on someone with up to a 30" waist. Simply put: KC owns the pull-up market for anybody up to the size of a small/medium adult. Nothing else compares.
They are definitely more absorbent than they used to be. The double leak barriers are a major improvement. The old ones had the single barriers and the outer, looser frilly cuffs, which did not prevent leaks at all.

The newer sides also hold up well and don’t stretch out to the point of not keeping the underpants secure.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998, Prairie, CodyBaby and 1 other person
GoodnitesLover8 said:
They fit my very well in every way except two. One, they are a little tight around my boyhood. Two, they are about an inch too short in the front.
And those are the xl size I’m assuming

• Haha
Reactions: 12srepaid, PadPhilosopher, Beowulf and 1 other person
Amazon has increased the price of the XLs by 21% and has "Amazon Warehouse" inventory at the original price of $65. Warehouse inventory is old inventory so there were almost certainly substantial changes to the product. KCC usually doesn't announce product changes in advance.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
So I saw on a private instagram post that Drynites is making boxer/boxer-brief style pants now. So yeah, I really hope that change isn't coming to North America and they stick with the briefs style.

• Wow
Reactions: DanElmontan
hanzertas said:
So I saw on a private instagram post that Drynites is making boxer/boxer-brief style pants now. So yeah, I really hope that change isn't coming to North America and they stick with the briefs style.
If this change does happen, hopefully its for the boys style only. This still sucks for us, but I can understand the maketing reasons they would want to go with a boxer brief shape.

I do wonder if Abdls are a part of their demographic, even if they dont like to addmit it.

K00paTr00pa said:
If this change does happen, hopefully its for the boys style only. This still sucks for us, but I can understand the maketing reasons they would want to go with a boxer brief shape.

I do wonder if Abdls are a part of their demographic, even if they dont like to addmit it.
They have tried the boxer style several years ago, but they didn't work out. They also tried something similar to a pad and pant system, but that also fizzled out. The current style is here to say.

Reactions: PullupAndy and 12srepaid
hanzertas said:
I googled this and found it but Drynites.co.uk doesn’t list these? Is it from the Australian market?

Honestly all they have to do is make the XL a big larger and more absorbent.
That's literally it, why is it so hard for them to get this after 20 years?

LifesAB said:
Honestly all they have to do is make the XL a big larger and more absorbent.
That's literally it, why is it so hard for them to get this after 20 years?
Pricing. Produce the cheapest product to meet the need. Often they fall short. Put too much quality in the product and the price goes up so much that consumers won’t buy them. “6 XL Goodnites for $12!!! Yeah right!”. No matter the fact they perform amazingly. Consumers won’t buy the product. Pushing themselves out of the market. I miss the days when diapers used to advertise “now 3 more diapers per pack”. Now we’re going the other way. Pricing goes up and quantity goes down.

• Sad
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Angelapinks
Well, when you compare the pricing of Goodnites vs adult diapers, i'd say they're already expensive for what you get.

Reactions: JohnQDiaper, I12BLittle89, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
I12BLittle89 said:
I googled this and found it but Drynites.co.uk doesn’t list these? Is it from the Australian market?
I'll try to find it again. My instagram is being wonky now haha.

Reactions: I12BLittle89
hanzertas said:
I'll try to find it again. My instagram is being wonky now haha.
I searched around the various Drynites websites across the world through Drynites.com. From Saudi Arabia to Israel to all over Europe and Australia. Europe has its own type of Drynites pants that mirrors UK. Australia/NZ has their version. Saudi Arabia has its own. Thor I think on their S/M? None had shorts.

Reactions: 12srepaid
I12BLittle89 said:
I searched around the various Drynites websites across the world through Drynites.com. From Saudi Arabia to Israel to all over Europe and Australia. Europe has its own type of Drynites pants that mirrors UK. Australia/NZ has their version. Saudi Arabia has its own. Thor I think on their S/M? None had shorts.
So are there three distinct variations of Drynites? That's very interesting!!!
I think the Goodnites variations are more subtitle, but I could be wrong.

bugme said:
That is the biggest hand I have ever seen!!!
That hand makes the bottles look like insulin style bottles.

Back