Getting "stuck" and peeing.

epl

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
So, yesterday I got the MRI and EEG my Dr said I earned, but sometimes I will be going about my day and all of a sudden lock up, I can't walk, sometimes fall, and sometimes I will just pee, and if very unlucky #2. Nobody seems to understand completely what's going on, and I've been falling on the floor and having "seizures" (non-epileptic, I'm fully awake for all of this) for years, but now it seems I can't feel if I'm full. Anyone have anything like this? Any recommendations? I had barbaric surgery so I try to keep hydrated, but it seems to make the issue worse. Today I met my hydration goals, and it's been... a rough day. So far I've talked to neurology about this, since that seemed to be the department. The working assumption is that it's functional Nerological Disorder and my autism mixed up in a bad way... but this feels new and more.

Weirdly, I don't wet the bed, only day, and usually only if I'm standing or just got in the car.

• Thinking
  • Sad
Reactions: Edgewater, Pino and Jorelaxed
When you say "lock up" is it in the sense of muscle or bone or perhaps mind based?

When i do crash, i am not able to move a finger, only my eyelids are working at that moment, it can last about seconds up to many minutes, it is difficult to say for me. I am still able to feel my bladder, but i will not be able to hold it most times during that phase.
The best description i could find was something like "sleep paralysis".

Reactions: Edgewater
You have a number of different things happening at or about the same time.

If you are living alone, this is problematic and difficult as the full combination 'could' be life threatening. Consider moving in with family. Plus, get a family member to help you create a Journal of what and when each event is happening. NOTE: "falling on the floor and having seizures" is just plain dangerous. Wetting is the easy quick fix as one just diapers-up to protect the World around you.

Your Medical Team maybe having difficult in trying to timeline what is happening and whether some events are triggering or being triggered by others

Reactions: JunkyardDog1
I'm with edgewater. But I also hope you vigorously dr until you get to the cause of your issues. Thats terrifying epl. Shitting myself would be the least of my concerns atm. Keep after those docs and again like edgewater mentioned, a journal sounds like a great idea. Document your whole life if you have to.

Reactions: Edgewater
Back