Gardening.

I've already repotted my pepper and tomato plants to medium pots , waiting till May for the final transplant.
I started early mid February with seeding

Well I met my goal today, despite my back and the &)^^&*^^&) arthritis.

The first revamp box is filled to the top and one bunch of Walla Walla onions are sown in. This is the earliest I have done in a couple of years and I actually bought the plants this afternoon and one hour later they were in the ground.

Now to work the second box up and get the Hopi Blue corn Planted.

Reactions: Angelapinks and dogboy
I sympathize with your arthritis as I have similar problems. Here in Virginia, my azaleas are starting to bloom. Spring in Virginia is always beautiful.

Reactions: Angelapinks
Well I have combined the soil from 7 of my 12 garden beds into two of the "new" old wood trimmed boxes and got the Hopi Blue corn planted today. Now to take the 8th box and put the new trim on it and see how many of the other boxes it will take to fill it and then get the tomatoes planted. Target date is 5-1-24. I am also going to only do 8 plants this year instead of 12.

Then the question will be where to put the pepper plants?????

Reactions: dogboy and Angelapinks
I have everything ready to set up and refill the third planter box. Plus not that far off in being able to set up and see if I have enough bedding for the fourth box. That will be an interesting process.

Today task would have made a good keystone cop movie. I had to get the blackberries out of the end of the garden. The issue in the path there is only about 24 inches of space down this row to the fence and about 6 blackberry crowns to dig out. In the end I was laying on my side sliding in and out to get yet another tool and slide back in to dig and pull up the main side roots to loosen the crown to remove it. I felt like I was doing surgery again because I had only a hole the size of my hand to get the tool in to loosen the dirt to dig at these roots then attempt to pull them free so the whole crown and base root would come out. Otherwise I will be having to do it again before the summer is over. So I must have looked like a beached whale trying to dig himself a trail back to the sea. Oh ya I also need to add that my "helper", my year old golden retriever, is also helping me by getting on top of me to see what I was doing. Digging a whole next to me, throwing his dirt on top of me and when I would toss out a berry crown he would shack the dirt off of it and drop it back where I was working. Needless to say It took two hours, my back is reminding me of that, but I did get it done.

• Wow
Reactions: dogboy and Angelapinks
Back