Games with High entertainment Value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
What are some games you would say have a High Entertainment Value?

I mean that as in games that can easily last a lot of hours (I love anything that can give me 50-60+ Hours) and give you a lot to do, preferably with a lot of customization Options?

My number one would be Horizon Zero Dawn, its readily available for $20 or less New with the DLC on the Disc included

It's got amazing Graphics and when you learn how to play the game (it might be hard for newcomers because there is a lot there) it becomes rather engaging and it has a pretty sizable map with a lot of content and quests of different types to do so the game doesnt feel monotone the whole way through

Monster Hunter World is also very good, though I can see why some might not like it or might quit after the main story ends

Nier Automata is also rather good, though it's very different it's a pretty good quality game and offers a lot for the types of gamers that like doing all the optional stuff (even if it's not exactly easy to find it)

When they get a bit older and prices fall down I could also recommend Borderlands 3 or NFS Heat

I realize not everyone is into these kinds of games, but all 4 of these are rather good quality games that do so much right

If only other game series could follow in the footsteps of these games I would buy less hesitant to buy some games that Look tempting (as some look good, but may not be what you expected)

Last edited:
Factorio. Currently over 1000 hours played and in the middle of a game. Lots of mods that change the game play from play through to play through. Some make it easier and some add so many steps to production you will be pretty sure it's just a job now. And yet you keep playing.

On top of mods there are various self restrictions you can impose on yourself to drastically change the game. Like restricting your options for moving materials. Belts, trains, robots, direct insertion, or if you are a masochist turning everything into a fluid and piping it around (mod).

I'm going to say something quite similar. There are a LOT of pc games which can provide 100+ hours of play time entertainment. But what makes them truly epic is if the have free mods. Mods can change up and improve a base game sooooo much that they can provide 1000+ hours of entertanment. Mod managers have gotten incredibly simple now too, so that anyone can do (no need to manually download the mods or change data files, etc).

Right now I'm on my 3rd playthough of Skyrim. Running 150+ plus mods without issue. And yeah, probably well over 1000 hours of total play time now. Not bad for a $60 game with another $40 in dlc added, and $0 for all those mods.

Fallout 4 .. is my top entertainment game and the GOTY addition is very cheap and comes with all DLCs, all worth they money.
Life is Strange .. got this very cheap in January sails and very replayable, had many hours of fun for my £2.80.
We Happy Few .. very fun game, many hours of fun but still expensive.

Attachments

• fallout.PNG
    fallout.PNG
    100.4 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Furrytum
Was looking to see if anyone had already posted on it (Second Life) and came across this thread...

I "play" Second Life a lot. I put play in quotes because it really is a fantasy reality more than it is a game. There are jobs to be had and money to be made but in a 3D online world where pretty much anything is possible. There are lots of games to be played in world including first person shooting, racing, card games etc...

The best part of this is you can do it all while role playing your favorite fantasy. There are also a few ABDL/Furry areas to visit and people to meet there. Avatars range in age from infant to elderly and there are policies in place to keep everyone safe. There are even adoption agencies where you can find family members and/or friends that share the same interests.

I could probably write a novel on everything that's available in SL and another book on the adventures I have had while playing even though I have only been playing about a year now.

I would say Hearts Of Iron 4 or Rimworld because I have over 1,000 hours in each game but my choice would be Mario Kart Double Dash due to me regularly playing it for 17 years

It all depends on what types of games you like ... from your description, you like FPS and MMORPG - style game play .

I personally like building and management ... games I have over 200 hours in ( I have crappy laptop ) ... MineCraft, Dwarf Fortress, Factorio, OpenTTD, Gnomoria, Terreria, Besieged, Dungeon Keeper 1 & 2, SimCity 4, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, Prison Architect, SuperPower 2 ...

If I had a good computer with 128 gigs of RAM, I'd be playing Cities Skyline, Planet Coaster, HOI, Making History ( series ), Oxygen Not Included, House Flipper, No Man's Sky, Brick Rigs, and Space Engineers

Last edited:
Dark souls, ive put 100s of hours into thoes games, trying new builds and play styles

I finished Skyrim special edition last week. Just over 100 hours playing it.
The Batman Arkham games aren't all that long, but have good replay value. Same for the last two Tomb Raider games.
Fallout New Vegas is worth while getting as well.

Reactions: Midwest82
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back