Found an interesting study on baby pacifiers

Wispyboy

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Interesting thoughts on a study about baby pacifiers found most pacis are undersized in every way for the advertised age.
thought this might apply to us ABs and leads me to believe this is why studys claim pacis cause teeth deformities. Would be interesting if future adult and baby pacis were designed around this idea.
The study:

Reactions: Oinker94, PuffPuffPaci, medfet878 and 2 others
Wispyboy said:
Interesting thoughts on a study about baby pacifiers found most pacis are undersized in every way for the advertised age.
thought this might apply to us ABs and leads me to believe this is why studys claim pacis cause teeth deformities. Would be interesting if future adult and baby pacis were designed around this idea.
The study:
I think some adult pacifier designers have taken this into account. I've noticed that the proportions of some of them aren't quite what you would imagine, but they end up being very comfortable. But it's only a handful, I'm pretty sure one you can't even get anymore....

Reactions: DreamyDoodleBug
Wispyboy said:
The study:
This under sizing is probably on purpose. For two reasons: to avoid a choking hazard as advertised, and to further increase the size of the economy. Developers of products (never mind what) have found out over the past century that if products have a certain flaw in them, they can expand the economy greatly. Pacifiers are no different. When they’re undersized, it will force the need for orthodontic corrections. Developers make a recommendation as to when to be weened off of pacis to avoid getting caught, but for some, like myself, corrections are inevitable, and it doesn’t matter how long you used a paci as an infant. Now, MAM has gotten better with their Perfect line, but their nipples could still be taller by a couple of millimeters. The nipple should be the same height and length as your thumb.

Oinker94 said:
This under sizing is probably on purpose. For two reasons: to avoid a choking hazard as advertised, and to further increase the size of the economy. Developers of products (never mind what) have found out over the past century that if products have a certain flaw in them, they can expand the economy greatly. Pacifiers are no different. When they’re undersized, it will force the need for orthodontic corrections. Developers make a recommendation as to when to be weened off of pacis to avoid getting caught, but for some, like myself, corrections are inevitable, and it doesn’t matter how long you used a paci as an infant. Now, MAM has gotten better with their Perfect line, but their nipples could still be taller by a couple of millimeters. The nipple should be the same height and length as your thumb.
You know it just occurred to me, the product developers probably haven't been babies for a really long time. They have probably completely forgot everything about babyhood. Also, babies usually don't have job or pockets, a lack of these two things means they're probably not doing very much shopping. So product developers are marketing to parents not to babies. So they're probably developing pacifiers that they think parents would want to buy for their babies, not really making pacifiers that babies would want to ask for, if that makes sense. I wonder if babies had more say in pacifier engineering how they would be different.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
Back