For those who prefer white/medical diapers, what are your reasons?

For me its because i wore normal medical or white disposable diapers growing up so naturally i would stick to medical diapers which in a way takes me back to when i was wetting and i am used to it as well. Plus if anyone notices they would assume its for medical reasons rather than abdl diapers which has like baby prints on it makes it harder to explain , cost is also another factor , abdl diapers are so much more expensive if shipping to my country compared to just medical diapers , 1 pack of abdl diapers almost equals to 5 or 6 packs of medical diapers here in my country .

• Wow
Reactions: Freddie07601
For me like others big thing is cost, but because I wear for medical reasons as others have mentioned even though most doctors and public safety have seen worse things(as someone who may of worked in public safety I may of seen things my eyes couldn't unsee, but most people don't call 911 to invite you over for dinner) I don't need unwanted attention. I do wish more company's offered more adult friendly options either color options like Northshore or a pattern like AM:pM striped. I personally like the blue version of NS Supreme I never wore white underwear before my injury and I like having an option/s. But I can tell you the first high absorbency diaper I used often was molicare and I got some rude comments from nurse at first and even talked to a shrink one time but once I explained to them and the nurses saw how well they worked compared to the junk the hospital had, I actually had few over the years ask me where I got them from and I was straight with everyone of it wasn't for the whole quality of life I wouldn't be caught dead in a purple diaper and not was a hard pill to swallow when I first got them. What I didn't understand was most hospital grade diapers are color coded by size and purple is for a size called regular but not many companies have that size so most probably only see white,blue,tan(M,L,XL I think small is green)

Even though I do hate prints because most are babyish if it's sort of neutral type print and if price is right I will buy them. So I don't wear a super high capacity diaper all the time because skin care is huge and if you wear no matter why for long enough your just asking for problems and I can say from personal experience your skin need to breath which many super high cap doesn't allow. It's like anything do what works for you. I am a heavy wetter and me personally with NS Supreme and a booster occasionally I average 5/day when I was using a lesser quality I was using 8 if not more, but I have times where changing is next to of not possible because I am paralyzed I can't stand in a stall, so I have my "special use" diapers and they are currently Rearz Inspire + nighttime which I get a case every few months. For me I been fortunate in every now and than some abdl and high quality diapers that I will wear do come up on craigslist or sites like that and as much as I hate prints last few times I got them for like half off what I paid for the white rearz but I do have to ask the patterns because one time I didn't and what I bought was sealed cases 2 were abu space that weren't bad but their were some others that even alone at home I was little apprehensive wearing them because they were real with unicorns and was like with my bad luck the one time I need to call 911 would be the time I had them on. Yes it does sound sort of funny and I did eventually use them and they worked well but it like I think Dec/Jan someone had mermaid ones for sale great price but was a hard no nope even at the price the ones I got recently are alpaca ones I do feel goofy wearing them but not something I use everyday and yes I saved money but probably spent it on whiskey, cigars, guns, dinner or many other stuff so not really saved but put towards actual fun stuff

I will also agree their are some if I did wear prints the prices are stupidly expensive. But in same token I do have some healthy hobbies & habits and some that may not be really healthy but great stress relief and some of my hobbies and habits do cost alot like I broke an arrow in archery that one arrow is like $13, I have a rifle each round is roughly $4.50 or I enjoy cigars that are $8-18 each. So even though I wouldn't pay $4 per diaper their are things I spend crazy money on & I know some people use little space as a stress relief so who am I to say spending say $4 dollars on a diaper plus other stuff is stupid when I get stressed sometimes is cgars brown liquor and occasionally around a fire or with brothers yes I healthier options of relieving stress but no matter what I am usually spending money like other day, archery is relaxing till I broke an arrow and that night with some brothers went out for drinks and cgars my first one was like $12 cgar and the Rum I was drinking was roughly the same. I think we all enjoy finer things in life when we can and for each of us those finer things can be different.

Reactions: abdl86 and CheshireCat
ParaRomeo said:
...I was little apprehensive wearing them because they were real with unicorns and was like with my bad luck the one time I need to call 911 would be the time I had them on.
I hear you. My incontinence started in '94 when I became quadriplegic for a year and a half. My disorder causes heavy wetting and the best disposable diapers available (Attends) were nothing like diapers now, so my wife and I decided to switch me to cloth diapers and plastic pants. When Christmas came around, my wife took our two young kids out to pick out fabric for her to make me some "fun" diapers for Christmas. The kids loved giving them to me. I loved getting them; I had the support of my whole family. But I made my wife promise that if she called 911, which happened regularly, she would change me into an Attends before the ambulance arrived. I can't imagine if I had shown up at the ER in a Little League themed diaper!

Reactions: slimjiminy, Pino and ParaRomeo
Because that's what Mommy's put Babies in!

Reactions: Deleted member 56273
PaddedBritany said:
Because that's what Mommy's put Babies in!
Totally agree!

Reactions: PaddedBritany
I guess part of it for me is generational. When I was actually a baby/toddler, diapers were all white. A few years later when a younger sibling came along, printed diapers became a thing. Then seeing diaper commercials over the years and wishing I had those diapers in my size. Then eventually ABDL diapers with prints came out.

I like printed and all white diapers. It depends on mood. A lot of times I sleep in a printed ABDL diaper and were a plain white one during the day. I figure if it was seen I'd have plausible deniability. An all white diaper it might be assumed it's because I need them, but a printed diaper that accidentally gets seen, it's a whole different thing.

Reactions: GatoChihuahua
Peaudouce was among the well-know makers who introduced printed landing zones on their baby diapers. The trend became so widespread in the late 1980s prompting other companies to produce their own designs, many of which were primarily inspired by famous cartoon movies.

I’m currently wearing a green plastic backed Forma care xplus Large , and they can’t look more medical diaper looking if they tried as they’re sold mostly to NHS trust and other health care out lets .
But they’re a good nappy , just could do with wider tapes

Reactions: GatoChihuahua and Diaperon
As someone who prefers ABDL print, I still absolutely adore plain white diapers!! They just represent this absolute baby-ness to me!! I was born in the 2000s so I didn’t grow up in white diapers, but I would watch (and still watch) cartoons or read comics and babies are almost always drawn in plain white diapers, so it’s almost like a symbol of being little and helpless and in need of caring 💕💕

• Love
Reactions: GatoChihuahua, Deleted member 56273 and Diaperon
Plus they’re a lot more discrete when wearing normal clothes (no bright pattern or color to be seen through them/less attention towards the waistband if ya accidentally flash it 😝) and while this may be made up in my head, every time I have a big “adult” day or adventure coming up, I always wear a white/medical diaper as if it makes me sneakier about wearing somehow. Like I’m going into secret agent mode!! 😎😝

• Haha
Reactions: GatoChihuahua and Deleted member 56273
lilbabyjooce said:
Plus they’re a lot more discrete when wearing normal clothes (no bright pattern or color to be seen through them/less attention towards the waistband if ya accidentally flash it 😝) and while this may be made up in my head, every time I have a big “adult” day or adventure coming up, I always wear a white/medical diaper as if it makes me sneakier about wearing somehow. Like I’m going into secret agent mode!! 😎😝
Just don’t wear a Betterdry then if you’re trying to be discreet 😉

Reactions: lilbabyjooce
parcelboy2 said:
Just don’t wear a Betterdry then if you’re trying to be discreet 😉
Oh no what’s up with Betterdrys? I’ve only tried tenas and megamaxes as far as medical/white diaps go!

Reactions: GatoChihuahua and Diaperon
Abdlchriscrinkle said:
$$$$ above all.

The damn costs of abdl diapers is out of control, I find them to be very wasteful since I don't need 10 trillion ounces of absorbency, also I don't have any desire to sit around in a soaked diaper all day either.
Medical diapers are just much more practical for me, especially when using cloth boosters in them, with a plastic diaper cover.

I won't say never, but I will likely not buy another abdl diaper again, I don't agree with the gouging that is going on.
If you were ever exposed wearing a white medical style disposable you would most likely be assumed to need the protection for incontinence issues.

Zeke said:
If you were ever exposed wearing a white medical style disposable you would most likely be assumed to need the protection for incontinence issues.
I suppose you're right, it would give one a bit of an advantage to explain if that situation ever occured. Luckily I always wear a black onesie if I wear out in public, to eliminate the chances of a peekaboo situation from a shirt riding up.

Reactions: GatoChihuahua and Zeke
lilbabyjooce said:
As someone who prefers ABDL print, I still absolutely adore plain white diapers!! They just represent this absolute baby-ness to me!! I was born in the 2000s so I didn’t grow up in white diapers, but I would watch (and still watch) cartoons or read comics and babies are almost always drawn in plain white diapers, so it’s almost like a symbol of being little and helpless and in need of caring 💕💕
I suppose you also watched a couple of old TV commercials on YouTube for that matter.

Reactions: GatoChihuahua and lilbabyjooce
A few reasons:
-I rarely use full capacity unless wearing all day so thinner ones are better.
-Being a DL prints don't interest me.
-Medical/plain are more acceptable if seen (either when worn or disposed of).

my reason? You absolutely cannot hide the tell tale yellow wet spot indicating that you went peepee

Because my white nappies are my everyday normal underwear now. My AB Printed nappies are for the special Adult Baby times only, unless I run out of the whites.

lilbabyjooce said:
Oh no what’s up with Betterdrys? I’ve only tried tenas and megamaxes as far as medical/white diaps go!
Let’s just say they swell a lot 🤣🤣🤣

quartz200420012 said:
my reason? You absolutely cannot hide the tell tale yellow wet spot indicating that you went peepee
Mine is “where’s Pete ? Gone to the toilet again “

Back