for those partially incontinent/ with some control left

if you do feel a need to go and can make it to the bathroom do you?

• Total voters
I do have NDO and DSD, i try to reach the toilet every time, but when it would be very painful to reach or the toilet available is very nasty, sometimes i choose the diaper over the alternative. I try to be not stressed out by looking for the next bathroom, stress makes my HyperPOTS more servery, so this is a serious factor either.

When i took the decision NOT to run all the time, i had really bad feelings about it, i thought i might be not trying enough.
But now do see this was nonsense, because the diaper enables me to act more normal in many ways and takes the stress out of my daily life, especially outside the house.

Reactions: Diprs2
virginiadiaper said:
I totally relate to the frequent urges and just using the diaper. Running to the bathroom every 15-30 minutes when it strikes is not practical but a diaper is.
My wife had said the same thing. Why do you fight with it running back and forth thinking you may or may not have to go....just leave the diaper on. I am happy to help you with this.

Reactions: Diprs2, GatoChihuahua, Angelapinks and 1 other person
Eclectic said:
I've had urge IC my entire life. The general trend has been a decrease in control since I was a teenager. For over 18 years, I've rarely bothered trying to pee in a toilet. My bladder spasms happen instantly and much too quickly to do anything about it. For bms, I can sometimes make it to a toilet and sometimes not. It's about 50/50. TBH, I am much less stressed if I just let everything happen in my diaper and change as needed.
I have given in also and just quit stressing about it. Can I make the bathroom or can't I; do I even have to go or do I.

Reactions: Diprs2, GatoChihuahua and Angelapinks
Lifelong bedwetter that wets numerous times a night. Lifelong struggles during the day also. Loved too long struggling to find a bathroom 15+ times a day and often would wet some along the way. I always wore dark pants to hide wet spots but couldn’t disguise the pissy odor. I gave in about 20 years ago and added quality
disposables during the day to go along with my thick pin on diapers with plastic pants overnight. I have been virtually stress free about it ever since then.

Reactions: Diprs2, Kellycares, GatoChihuahua and 2 others
grizzyC said:
hey so i am somewhat incontinent having frequent ish accidents, if i ever feel the need to go even if i can make it to a bathroom i usually decide to just go in my diaper insted of going to the bathroom if i only have to pee if i have to poo i usually do try to make it to the bathroom. so my question is if this is common or not
I think it's perfectly normal. It's my thing, too. I mean, except at night, I have no control there, I sleep too deeply. During the day, I can go to the bathroom and pee normally. However, during the day I also have episodes where I don't even know I've peed. And then sometimes I find that I need to pee but I have very little time before I start peeing. Sometimes it's 1s, sometimes it's 2 min. However, with this one, the closer I get to the bathroom the less I can hold it in.
Then it's easier to just let it go anyway. I don't like challenges I can't meet.
The other problem is that when I can't do something, it stresses me out immensely. And when I get stressed, the IC is out of control.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Angelapinks
I use the toilet when ever possible. A lot of times I can make it to the bathroom if I can find one near by.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Angelapinks
I am fully bladder incontinence I do have occasional fecal issues and I am diapered 24/7 but I do use the toilet for #2

I too get frequent, sudden urges. Holding it is not healthy, never mind the extreme discomfort. So I wear a diaper full-time. While I could make it to the toilet if close-by, like when at home, I always wet my diaper instead. Even though I could, make it several times a day, I havd not used the toilet for peeing, in a long time.

Reactions: Diprs2 and jaja
I do have some measure of control, about 25 percent of the time, but given the unpredictability of whether I'm going to wet my diaper or can use the bathroom, I choose to wear diapers 24/7. In order to ensure a snug, leak-proof fit I use both of the "double tapes" in each adjustable tab, and it is nearly impossible to slide the diaper down without damaging the waterproof backing. Consequently, in order to preserve the integrity of the diaper, always wet the diaper, regardless of whether or not I could have used the bathroom.

I'm urinary incontinent and there are times I have no notice that I have to go until I'm peeing myself. Other times I have some advanced warning. I stopped trying to make it to the bathroom a long time ago for a few of reasons. First, most of the time I would try to make it I'd end up peeing my diaper before I got to the bathroom. Secondly I really love being able to just let go whenever I feel the urge. And last but not least I completely love peeing my diaper, it's such a fantastic feeling when warm pee starts soaking into the padding and spreading throughout. I wear 24 7 and have been for a long time now and my diaper is almost always wet and that's just the way I like it to be.

Still have most of my control but frequent urination is very much a problem for me and so I just don’t bother trying to find a bathroom, I use my Diapers all the time for that. However on the rare occasion that I actually have to poop when I’m out of the house I do make an effort to try to find the bathroom, and I always have extra supplies with me in case I’m in a situation where there’s no choice but to use my diaper. It’s very rare but this has happened to me a few times.

Depends on if I'm at home or not. If I'm at work, yes. If I'm at home, ii often don't care.

Back