For the British: how will Brexit affect supply?

šŸ˜²šŸ˜²šŸ˜²šŸ˜²šŸ˜²šŸ˜²

337 packs, I think that would last me 10 years at least... weā€™ll probably have rejoined by then! šŸ˜‚

Wowzers. At least if you basement were to flood youā€™d not have an issues!! šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: ChocChip and BundleOfJoy
dwayne said:
antte91 from the US here would like to try attends from the EU sometime the attends here in the states suck when P&G sold them off they went to hell in a hand basket i see samples on e bay here claim to be from EU but do not trust them to be from there and the price they want is down right stupid
Iā€™ve heard that the US Attends are rubbish and itā€™s a huge shame the following owners did ruin them in the name of profit.

The EU Attends is all white but with light blue text, with the size letter, absorbency level (kinda like M10 or if size large; L10 and so on... 10 is the highest absorbency level in the Slip range; 8 being the lowest in the same range).
The name of the product is written a bit below, like Slip Regular Plus (the plastic backed M10) Theyā€™re really good at wicking away the wetness and can hold about 3-4 wettings, depending on the concentration of the urin. The plastic has a soft and almost a tad buttery feel to it.

The reason why EU Attends arenā€™t rubbish, is that our health care is (with some variations between countries) almost completely state sanctioned, thus it is as everything else payed by tax money.
Not including web shops; the only way to get adult diapers over here is as a prescription from a doctor or a nurse and you only get a certain amount of diapers, like 3-4 each day. Our health care in Sweden is mostly providing Tena, Molicare, Attends and sometimes Abena.

Yup, itā€™s pretty expensive buying diapers off eBay, youā€™d came off way cheaper I think by buy a couple of those from a retailer preferably in the US or Canada, or you could order some from SaveExpress in Germany, but be prepared that the shipping cost may be pretty steep!
I wish you good luck!

Rearz carries EU Tena Slip (Maxi and Ultima) in the US and Canada, but Iā€™m not sure if they have EU Attends as well.

do you use the EU attends regularlly by chance if you do and have time to see what shipping and the cost of say 3 or 4 larges would be for you to ship them to me by chance will send the money for everything before asking you to do any of the work

dwayne said:
do you use the EU attends regularlly by chance if you do and have time to see what shipping and the cost of say 3 or 4 larges would be for you to ship them to me by chance will send the money for everything before asking you to do any of the work
I can gladly help you out somehow if you send me a PM.

I don't think Brexit will have much of an impact if I'm honest on this sort of sector, it'd be a pretty dickish move on both sides if they ended up jeopradizing the healthcare sector. I feel like supply should still be fine but it'd only be shipping from the EU to the UK and vice versa that could take a hit, maybe that'll see a slight increase in prices, I dunno? We shall see. xD

PaddedArtist90 said:
I don't think Brexit will have much of an impact if I'm honest on this sort of sector, it'd be a pretty dickish move on both sides if they ended up jeopradizing the healthcare sector. I feel like supply should still be fine but it'd only be shipping from the EU to the UK and vice versa that could take a hit, maybe that'll see a slight increase in prices, I dunno? We shall see. xD
Haulage capacity will be at a premium, overseas firms are already turning down UK work for the new year due to the expected delays, and adult nappies (although they donā€™t go rotten like fruit and vegetables) are large bulky items. I think there will be extreme difficulty getting them through. And when they do, they will probably have to prioritise institutions like care homes where most of the residents are in nappies. So availability to retail customers could be very patchy at best.

Fair enough, they will have to prioritise food and healthcare if thereā€™s a real crisis in terms of getting things into the country, and sacrifice everything else such as manufacturing components. But I think essential medicines will rank a long way above ā€œsecondaryā€ medical items like incontinence products.

ChocChip said:
337 packs, I think that would last me 10 years at least... weā€™ll probably have rejoined by then! šŸ˜‚
I too think we will rejoin in within twenty years. But my french freind reckons it will be much sooner

incopad1 said:
I too think we will rejoin in within twenty years. But my french freind reckons it will be much sooner
Iā€™m not sure if they would have us back, to be quite honest, after all the shit this has caused... and it would certainly be on Germanyā€™s terms if they did. Some kind of middle ground of being part of the European customs area may be the eventual destination, perhaps very quickly if things go disastrously. But millions of jobs and Irish peace may have gone by then.

But yeah, hope we still have nappies. And food ;)

Iā€™d hazard theyā€™ll be no EU to rejoin as we know it in 10, let alone 20, years.

Got my ā€œFarage garageā€œ well stocked with the essentials (nappies and wine) now...

Back