Foley catheter and Diapers - Success!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LilJenJen said:
So this is actually a thing? I can't believe this kind of surgery would be heavily advertized... more of a below the counter type of offer. To be honest I did a quick search out of curiosity and found nothing... which in my opinion is a good thing. I think something like having gone a year of wearing and using diapers 24/7 should be required before such a surgery at the very least... Anyways it is interesting and kinda scary to know that apparently in some places you can just say "I wanna be incontinent Doc."
Um, a Foley catheter is not a surgical procedure to become incontinent. It is way for people to drain their bladder of urin if they are in able to get to a toilet or for someone who is potentially ic to manage their urin output. I have read about a more permanent cath that is surgically installed. Aa it is said all over this web site do not try to make your self ic.
Now a Foley cath is supposed to be prescribed* by a Dr. typically done in a medical facility. If you are prescribed a Foley cath though you might learn to do it your self.
As with anything you can find it online with out a scrip and do what you want.
I my self have used them for fun a few times.
Basically just want to make sure it is understood that this is not something done the become permanently ic.

Reactions: joemama
wintersummer said:
Um, a Foley catheter is not a surgical procedure to become incontinent. It is way for people to drain their bladder of urin if they are in able to get to a toilet or for someone who is potentially ic to manage their urin output. I have read about a more permanent cath that is surgically installed. Aa it is said all over this web site do not try to make your self ic.
Now a Foley cath is supposed to be prescribed* by a Dr. typically done in a medical facility. If you are prescribed a Foley cath though you might learn to do it your self.
As with anything you can find it online with out a scrip and do what you want.
I my self have used them for fun a few times.
Basically just want to make sure it is understood that this is not something done the become permanently ic.
I was replying to another post mentioning that there there are apparently surgical options out there... please read the post, I was replying to

Reactions: Pino, elaleman and JunkyardDog1
Happypadded said:
It feels like your on the edge of an orgasm a lot of the time. One wrong bit of stimulation and it's all gonna happen at once. It stimulates the whole urethra and prostate. Even feeling urine going down it feels nice.😁
OK, i figured there was some sorta payoff per se, I like i said dont have much feeling in that area so...

But, being that sensitive i'd say be careful for sure.

Reactions: Deleted member 73083
Please forgive me if this question has already been answered. I think I have read all the posts...

How does an individual obtain a Foley catheter/kit? When I do searches in the US I run into catheters being delivered on the internet can only be ordered by licensed professionals. I would love to try this, but I can't figure out how to get my hands on a Foley catheter without having a medical license. Thank you in advance for info...

Amazon. 🙂

messydiaper said:
Please forgive me if this question has already been answered. I think I have read all the posts...

How does an individual obtain a Foley catheter/kit? When I do searches in the US I run into catheters being delivered on the internet can only be ordered by licensed professionals. I would love to try this, but I can't figure out how to get my hands on a Foley catheter without having a medical license. Thank you in advance for info...
www.allegromedical.com

Reactions: JunkyardDog1
I order all of my cathing supplies through Sporataid.com. I've been using them for years as they are super friendly, helpful and don't over inflate prices. I normally intermittently cath several times a day due to a SCI. They do have options for Foley catheters and everything you will need to catheterize yourself.

Reactions: messydiaper and JunkyardDog1
Well, I couldn't stand it anymore and installed a new Foley catheter last night and woke to a nice wet diaper this morning. The catheter continues to drain into my diaper and I have no feeling of needing to empty my bladder. It's been about 12 hours now and I do plan to keep it installed until this time next week. In reading online, you should change your catheter every 3 to 4 weeks but I plan to go a week at a time before removing it.

Reactions: JunkyardDog1
Pampers4Ever said:
Well, I couldn't stand it anymore and installed a new Foley catheter last night and woke to a nice wet diaper this morning. The catheter continues to drain into my diaper and I have no feeling of needing to empty my bladder. It's been about 12 hours now and I do plan to keep it installed until this time next week. In reading online, you should change your catheter every 3 to 4 weeks but I plan to go a week at a time before removing it.
I’ve always wanted to try this, but have never got organised with the supplies and the time.

One question, after having a catheter in for a week, does it take any time to regain normal bladder control? For example are you peeing more often, or dribbling at all?

Hi Badger50, I do have some IC challenges already so my bladder control isn't 100%. With that being said, I've noticed some bladder spasms for a couple of days after removing the catheter with the filling of my bladder. After a bathroom break, it was back to my normal. By Tuesday last week, I was fine. Today, I've had 4 diaper changes and no bathroom visits. All feels amazing with a continued dribble throughout the day. My diapers swell like crazy as I go about my daily activities.

Reactions: badger50 and messydiaper
Any ideas on how I can do it without the bladder spasm pain? I want to try again. I still have more 14fr from an order a while ago.
Also, I ordered the wrong size once (didn’t use or open any), but the company doesn’t accept any returns, even if unopened. Does anyone have ideas on what I can do with them or where I can donate them to?

Really no pain in the spasms. Just a butterfly feeing a little. Nothing like a cramp or Charlie horse. Diaper was nice and wet this morning and no need for a bathroom break in the middle of the night or this morning. Stoked about getting a great nights rest. Today is first day of being at work with a foley in. Let's see how it goes.

I have often wanted to try this, especially over night to experience a "sleep wetting" episode but the idea also kinda frightens me.

I'd be really worried about inserting it wrong or doing damage and with removing it, I also know it's a really bad idea to use in a nappy due to infection chances and I really wouldn't want to risk a UTI just to experience a lack of control.

I also worry about it being painful to insert, not sure I could do it myself and a Dr isn't going to help insert it for no reason.

I still really really want to try it sometime though but I probably never will with all the worries I'd have over doing it.

Reactions: oldskool
BabyAby123 said:
The problem I had when I tried this recently was painful bladder spasms. Like my bladder was trying to push it out. I ended up taking out the catheter after only 2 hours because of the pain
This maybe have something to do with the type of Foley, i had that either with one brand, but no problems with other brands. And, i would recommend using only 10ml, instead of 30ml for a start.

There seems to be significant differences in brands. I do use RÜSCH Gold usually, ch14 / ch16 / ch18, does not matter for me, and Nelathon top.

Never heard about using a Foley and diaper combination in a medical setting before, may i ask for the article link?

When looking up videos to learn to selfcath, i was surprised to see it is done different in Germany than in the US.
We do lube to urethra directly with a syringe and not the Foley itself. I saw that on many medical TV shows and some professional Instagram posts. I personally think the German way is better, it is cleaner for sure and no touch on the Foley.

Last edited:
Here is one of the articles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pino
Quick update, catheter is still doing its job. Haven’t had any urges of needing to use the bathroom room after installing the catheter. Bladder is doing fine with no spasms or discomfort. I did have a diaper leak last night. May have to look at adding a booster pad. The whole experience has been amazing and enjoying every minute of it.

Reactions: badger50, Deleted member 73083, messydiaper and 2 others
(I tried this today for five hours and I would like to reiterate the next level that this requires. I got in and out with no problems, but this is seriously attention to details work. Please do not engage in this without doing some serious research and homework. But overall, I had a really fun time and I appreciate this thread.) MD

Reactions: badger50 and Deleted member 73083
Copy-and-paste from something I posted years ago about my experiences with it:

I tried this a while back and I wouldn't recommend it. I was able to get everything for free by contacting companies for samples. It was quite nerve-wracking at first, and it took a few tries before I even got the cath past the prostate (where the resistance begins). You really have to relax yourself when going those last couple of inches.

The experience was never like wearing a diaper. The experience was always one unease rather than relaxation. Combined it never worked out to cause loss of control, since the catheter kept slipping around. Also, those things damage the urethra and can cause abrasion that then fuses on itself and narrows the urethra. Given how much it moves around I gave up trying to walk around with it inserted. One time blood started coming out and it took hours before the urine became normal colored again.

I've stopped for good, and in all I perhaps did around 60 catheter insertions total over a year period (I kept a log to try to figure out what worked and didn't). It was interesting and an exercise in breaking through what for me was a very unsettling thing to do. I just worry that I might have cause some damage.

Some tips I remember: lubrication is important and using an eye-dropper syringe with large opening to put lubricant (e.g. K-Y jelly) down the urethra before inserting the catheter does wonders for a smooth insertion all the way down. Another thing, when removing the catheter be sure that the other end is *not* closed, otherwise there will be suction at the openings at the tip which will grab the urethral wall and hurt like hell (and possibly damage it). And for those talking of putting a hole in the side, be sure it's very smooth to the touch otherwise you'll be damaging your urethral wall as it scrapes past. As for hygiene, urinate a bit before inserting as that helps clean the urethra out. Obviously clean surfaces near the opening and your hands, catheter, etc. before as well.

I can not urge people enough how dangerous this behavior is. No doctor any where in the world is going to put them on af loey with a open line and diaper them over it. That is not only a infection waiting to happen but a malpractice law suite too. If you are not doctor and not going to follow protocall then leave catheters to professionals. even when used correctly they still have a 566666gfffffffffffffffffffff
fg80% infection rate in hospital use. As someone that has had several bad blood infections & now with a hearintfection and no and I am deathly ill right now with an infection now in my heart called endocarditist. . SO lets please leave this shit alone. PM ,e if anyone has questions,\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back