Fixing diaper pouch????

sparky4to20

Try to look good with just diaper only!!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm not sure what to call the bulge or pouch but no matter how I lay them out and put them on I have that bulge. It also gets much worse as it gets wet. Does any one have remedy or idea??? I even use 2" vynil tape to make diapers 3 tab. Would like flat and even all the way.

Attachments

• 20240101_095352.jpg
    20240101_095352.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 56
  • 20240101_095406.jpg
    20240101_095406.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 57
  • 20240101_181645.jpg
    20240101_181645.jpg
    843 KB · Views: 56
This is another setup but same results.

Attachments

• 20231224_124233.jpg
    20231224_124233.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
  • 20231218_023323.jpg
    20231218_023323.jpg
    874.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 20231218_023242.jpg
    20231218_023242.jpg
    711 KB · Views: 29
  • 20231218_022900.jpg
    20231218_022900.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 28
  • 20231218_022810.jpg
    20231218_022810.jpg
    1,022.6 KB · Views: 29
Are you asking if diapers cause a bulge in the front? The answer to that in my experience is yes, they do cause one's crotch to bulge in the front. And if the diaper is wet, does it bulge more? The answer to that is also yes.

Reactions: Edgewater
I suggest if you'd like to help with that diaper front bump to get perhaps some compression boxers. No matter how you tape it, the bump is from the SAP (that gel stuff inside.). The SAP expands when you use the diaper. The fit of the diaper may change some aspects of the shape, hoisting / holding up the diaper may help minimize how obvious but ultimately it is mostly an unavoidable aspect of wearing. I think compressive garments could help. It may also look smaller wearing some loose fitting pyjama pants.

Well, assuming you're having this issue while only wearing ONE diaper without a booster I HIGHLY recommend either a snug fitting onesie or do what I do, I wear a snug (not tight as tight cuts into your legs and waist over time) fitting underwear (Hanes Boxer-briefs seem to offer the best coverage and support for me!) OVER your diaper as that will help keep it lightly pressed into your body. You're not going to completely eliminate all of the "bulge" but if you dress appropriately, this won't matter even a little bit! I generally wear blue jeans or cargo pants with a belt (I have a multitude of health issues and have an extra 50lbs with a belly) and wear shirts that are longer than you'd normally wear and trust me, NO ONE will be able to tell you are wearing a diaper unless they're intentionally looking.

I used to be concerned that EVERYONE within eyesight of me would "SOMEHOW" instantly be able to tell I was wearing a diaper when I began to have incontinence issues over 20 years ago. I can EMPHATICALLY STATE that NO ONE is going to be able to tell! In 20+ years I have had exactly ONE person point out to me that I "might want to pull the back of my pants up" and she was polite, friendly, smiled, waved and drove away. I was kneeling down pumping gas at the time and my shorts had fallen down enough to show off my diaper underneath. I couldn't had asked for a more "pleasant" (not that I'd call that pleasant by any stretch of the imagination) way to learn my diaper was exposed. Since I invested in onesies (I wear in the cool-cold weather, when going out and dressed "nice") and bought boxer-briefs for the fit and concealment, I have had friends ask me why I wasn't wearing a diaper (all of my family and close, personal friends are well aware of my issues including diapers) as he was concerned I might drench the seats in his new 85k truck....so if someone I have been close friends with since 5th grade can't tell I'm wearing, neither can ANYONE else.

My only other advice is to inspect yourself in a mirror before going out anywhere. I've become so proficient at this that it takes me 3-4 seconds to do a complete inspection and RARELY do I have to change my clothing because I feel the clothing I have on is "too revealing"!

You can rest assured you ARE overthinking this. We ALL do unless you're considering someone who was born incontinent and has never known life without wearing diapers.

Please don't hesitate to ask me anything. IF I can offer worthwhile advice, I will. I'm paying all of the help and advice I received from countless others when this was newer to me forward which is all I ask from anyone I am able to help guide through life living with incontinence (or even if you're only wearing because you want to) as I don't care either way. You have to do you.

CptKirk

Reactions: PaddedCub and Edgewater
Yes, I have to agree, there is not much that can be done about the bulge; it can be adjusted a bit using different tape placement, but room in the front is kinda how they work

CptKirk said:
Well, assuming you're having this issue while only wearing ONE diaper without a booster I HIGHLY recommend either a snug fitting onesie or do what I do, I wear a snug (not tight as tight cuts into your legs and waist over time) fitting underwear (Hanes Boxer-briefs seem to offer the best coverage and support for me!) OVER your diaper as that will help keep it lightly pressed into your body. You're not going to completely eliminate all of the "bulge" but if you dress appropriately, this won't matter even a little bit! I generally wear blue jeans or cargo pants with a belt (I have a multitude of health issues and have an extra 50lbs with a belly) and wear shirts that are longer than you'd normally wear and trust me, NO ONE will be able to tell you are wearing a diaper unless they're intentionally looking.

I used to be concerned that EVERYONE within eyesight of me would "SOMEHOW" instantly be able to tell I was wearing a diaper when I began to have incontinence issues over 20 years ago. I can EMPHATICALLY STATE that NO ONE is going to be able to tell! In 20+ years I have had exactly ONE person point out to me that I "might want to pull the back of my pants up" and she was polite, friendly, smiled, waved and drove away. I was kneeling down pumping gas at the time and my shorts had fallen down enough to show off my diaper underneath. I couldn't had asked for a more "pleasant" (not that I'd call that pleasant by any stretch of the imagination) way to learn my diaper was exposed. Since I invested in onesies (I wear in the cool-cold weather, when going out and dressed "nice") and bought boxer-briefs for the fit and concealment, I have had friends ask me why I wasn't wearing a diaper (all of my family and close, personal friends are well aware of my issues including diapers) as he was concerned I might drench the seats in his new 85k truck....so if someone I have been close friends with since 5th grade can't tell I'm wearing, neither can ANYONE else.

My only other advice is to inspect yourself in a mirror before going out anywhere. I've become so proficient at this that it takes me 3-4 seconds to do a complete inspection and RARELY do I have to change my clothing because I feel the clothing I have on is "too revealing"!

You can rest assured you ARE overthinking this. We ALL do unless you're considering someone who was born incontinent and has never known life without wearing diapers.

Please don't hesitate to ask me anything. IF I can offer worthwhile advice, I will. I'm paying all of the help and advice I received from countless others when this was newer to me forward which is all I ask from anyone I am able to help guide through life living with incontinence (or even if you're only wearing because you want to) as I don't care either way. You have to do you.

CptKirk
Wow, Thank you very much for that amount of time and thought. Some of the prescriptions that I take make me run a little warm. So summer time extra clothing is not an option but winter is fine.

messydiaper said:
Are you asking if diapers cause a bulge in the front? The answer to that in my experience is yes, they do cause one's crotch to bulge in the front. And if the diaper is wet, does it bulge more? The answer to that is also yes.
Thank you. Yea, I know the issues was trying to see if any of yall had a good fix.

Reactions: Edgewater and floppyfoppsie
One of the most common errors made with preparing a disposable diaper is not setting the center U-shaped channel that helps flow the urine from the target zone either forward or backwards between your legs!

Prior to placing the diaper on! First open it left and right on a flat hard surface with the goal of having the interior of the diaper facing-up!

Now, fold the diaper over itself lengthwise you will note that the bumps show as you view the side of the outer diaper. With pressure, press the along the fold! Working from the center to each outer end, with each press you will note the that bumps reduce slightly.

Now, with care turn the diaper over and one again apply pressure alone the fold from the center outwards to the ends. Once again, you should see a reduction in the bump!

While laying the diaper flat on the hard surface, open it and then stretch it from both ends to assure that the side guards rise and work.

The diaper should have a much relaxed slight lift to each end.

Center and step over the diaper and lift up into its position.

Leaning back into a door frame and use that to let you use both hands to complete the positioning of the diaper and then tap the tabs as normal.

With a finger in side of the diaper press the center gusset down to set the center channel.

Press your legs together to hold and add heat to the diapers gusset, which helps set the center channel.

Repeat as needed to reset the gusset until is stays in place.

FYI: One can consider the bumps as little more than a display of your horse size bits!! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: PaddedCub and sparky4to20
Edgewater said:
One of the most common errors made with preparing a disposable diaper is not setting the center U-shaped channel that helps flow the urine from the target zone either forward or backwards between your legs!

Prior to placing the diaper on! First open it left and right on a flat hard surface with the goal of having the interior of the diaper facing-up!

Now, fold the diaper over itself lengthwise you will note that the bumps show as you view the side of the outer diaper. With pressure, press the along the fold! Working from the center to each outer end, with each press you will note the that bumps reduce slightly.

Now, with care turn the diaper over and one again apply pressure alone the fold from the center outwards to the ends. Once again, you should see a reduction in the bump!

While laying the diaper flat on the hard surface, open it and then stretch it from both ends to assure that the side guards rise and work.

The diaper should have a much relaxed slight lift to each end.

Center and step over the diaper and lift up into its position.

Leaning back into a door frame and use that to let you use both hands to complete the positioning of the diaper and then tap the tabs as normal.

With a finger in side of the diaper press the center gusset down to set the center channel.

Press your legs together to hold and add heat to the diapers gusset, which helps set the center channel.

Repeat as needed to reset the gusset until is stays in place.

FYI: One can consider the bumps as little more than a display of your horse size bits!! :ROFLMAO:
As long as I've been wearing and wow I'm not near as knowledgeable about what I've been doing. I usually layer like I do with no leaks. Although flow and distribution have been an issue and never knew to do that prior to putting on. Also seems like such a waste when not completely wet. Edgewater Thank you another great piece of information that I was unaware of. Going on 55 feels like 5 no pun intend.

• Love
Less about the diaper and more so what pants you’re wearing. I try to buy pants that are a bit baggier to hide it more, especially when I’m at work. So far have never had anyone even let on that they could tell I was wearing and I work with one of my best friends who didn’t know about the diapers yet 🤷🏻

I actually like the bulge you get from a thick diaper. It looks baby or toddlerish to me...I get it though, if your going outside and around town you may not want too bulky of a front area. I remember wearing some summer cargo shorts over a thick diaper and the front looked bulky and odd looking . I does tell everyone your wearing some sort of diaper.

Rock republic jeans baggie but not enough. Also I vary in size these are 36 waist but im down to a 32. Weight goes from 185 to 220 and waist size changes a lot. You can see I wear belt out changing holes.

Attachments

• 20240101_232127.jpg
    20240101_232127.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 14
  • 20240101_232136.jpg
    20240101_232136.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
  • 20240101_232152.jpg
    20240101_232152.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20240102_002419_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240102_002419_Gallery.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 13
sparky4to20 said:
Wow, Thank you very much for that amount of time and thought. Some of the prescriptions that I take make me run a little warm. So summer time extra clothing is not an option but winter is fine.
Seeing your avatar makes me jealous. I USED TO BE substantially bigger, even than you are. I was benching 505 (at the END of a 150 minute high tempo workout, got 4 reps 3x) and bulked up my just over 5'7" frame to 232lbs of massiveness. WHat I wouldn't give to have THAT back...though I'd even settle for being a short fat guy if I had my health and didn't live in pain 24/7/365!

CptKirk

• Love
Back