First time

Twinmom

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I have a appointment tomorrow at one of our hospitals here for a genetics appointment. I usually wear pull ups to my doctor appointments but it's only 5 miles from me,and close to bathroom at office. However tomorrow's appointment is an hour away and in a big hospital. So I will wear regular diapers out for the first time. And will have to undress to my bra and diaper. Don't really care at this point who knows. I would much rather have people notice a diaper under my pants that a big wet spot. I will also take mainly diapers for a possible change than my regular pullups. So we will see how it goes

Reactions: Diprs2
Good luck! In hospitals the staff are well aware and familiar with these needs and situations, so no need to feel anxious or ashamed. With respect to others, they are there just like you for either treatment of diagnosis, and rather as an accident in clothes, be prepared and safe, and don't care about what others there think.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Twinmom
I think you'll be fine. Especially in a hospital, in my limited experience, no one cares or says a word.

I think if you find yourself in more situations though where you'd need to strip to your underwear, perhaps having a few of these handy can give you a scrap of dignity. They're about as close to underwear as you can really get without actually being underwear: https://www.soffe.com/product/M020/Soffe-Original-Ranger-Panty.html
1663682126083.png
I wear them out and about mainly to prevent poking a hole in my diaper or wearing through it somehow. The brief liner does also do fairly well at catching small spot leaks too. Most importantly, they're really comfortable.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Twinmom
Back