First time admitting my incontinence

Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAlexABDL

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I been thinking about my problems recently I been having trouble with urine problems with dribbling when to use the bathroom and sometimes have to use the bathroom but my body is trying pushing it in my pants. I told the doctor it and they made appointment for urlogist most of the is dribbling is which embarrassing sometimes. So I thinking about pull ups but I'm nervous for some reason. I told my case manager about it and she said it's ok everyone have problems. But I'm still nervous about it

Kudos for seeing a doctor. If you haven't worn diapers often, even recreationally, then yeah, it can be a hurdle to get started. But ask yourself which is worse: having accidents or buying and wearing protection? I skimmed "post micturition dribble" myself before replying to your last thread and there is an exercise you can do to try to push out that last remaining urine, by running your fingers along your urethra from front to back. It's described here. Did the doctor get into any of that or are they passing to the urologist? If you're nervous about buying pull-ups, there is always online ordering, and there are many, many threads here on discrete buying techniques at stores. What specifically makes you nervous? Maybe we can help.

depends4me said:
Kudos for seeing a doctor. If you haven't worn diapers often, even recreationally, then yeah, it can be a hurdle to get started. But ask yourself which is worse: having accidents or buying and wearing protection? I skimmed "post micturition dribble" myself before replying to your last thread and there is an exercise you can do to try to push out that last remaining urine, by running your fingers along your urethra from front to back. It's described here. Did the doctor get into any of that or are they passing to the urologist? If you're nervous about buying pull-ups, there is always online ordering, and there are many, many threads here on discrete buying techniques at stores. What specifically makes you nervous? Maybe we can help.

Is just it's new to me and embarrassing and i don't want to be make fun of. I don't know how my parents are going to be and how my friends are going to react and have a fears

From your other post, I didn't get the impression that your problem is so bad that you need to tell everyone or that you even need pull-ups. Assuming you don't wear boxers, you might try male guards first. These disappear inside anything but the tightest jeans/shorts, and they're small enough that you could carry a spare in a large shorts pocket, coat pocket, or maybe inner jacket pocket.

If your family is like most, your parents are going to react the same as if you have the flu or need an operation. They want the best for you and want you to be happy. Brothers and sisters can be different, but then you probably have dirt on them, too. Lol.

As for friends, I don't want to make you paranoid, but they could have noticed your accidents and are talking about you already. (Come to think of it, your parents may have noticed, too, but not the degree to which it happens or how it affects you.) Years ago when I worked in Internet phone/email tech support, I was once on the periphery of a chat about a coworker. One guy asked if anybody noticed that every time X returned from the restroom, he always had a quarter-sized wet spot on his pants. I guess everybody smiled and chuckled. It wasn't a mean-spirited conversation, just normal office gossip. If they find out you're wearing protection, yeah, you'll probably get some ribbing but if they're really your friends it won't go any further. The trick is to let it roll off your back and not care. You have time now to do some role playing and come up with responses. And if they have noticed, they should feel good that you're taking care of yourself. It's quite possible they have little health issues of their own that you don't know about. But again, I don't necessarily see a need to tell everybody.

Hope that helps. And in my post above I meant to say "back to front".

If you are having minor dribbles try depends real fit for men they look like regular underwear, when my bladder issue first started I was having post pee mini surges and the real fit worked great. if you find your self starting to pee more then upgrading to a taped diaper is recommended a slight diaper bulge is less noticeable then wet pants.

hope all goes well with the urologist and remember to be totally honest and open with him there is no shame in having bladder issues if you get sent for testing you will be surprised by the number of people who need help in this area. when I had my last camera and retention test there was over 15 people waiting for the same test.

Reactions: WoodenBelly
I tried doing away with diapers, I put on my panties, and got dressed. I felt that I could beat this incontinence thing. Soon the pressure started and I had to make a dash for the bathroom, I leaked but peed in the toilet. I changed my panties and was upset that I couldn't control my peeing. I made it for awhile but before lunch I was back in a diaper. I told this to my therapist, and she has been trying to explore my incontinence issue and that trying to deny my incontinence will not make it go away, and that she has had several patients that are incontinent, and that acceptance will decrease anxiety. I told her that my doctor knows about it and also knows that I will not be a lab rat, experimenting on me to try to cure me or control it. I have been a nurse for nearly 20 years and don't want the doctors experimenting on me with the potential of making it worse. I have become better understanding that failing at beating incontinence will only make me more frustrated and depressed. I wear my diaper and I'm ok with that I wish I could beat it but knowing that I cannot. I think about others that have medical issues that will not go away by wishing it away, and I am no different than them, Real acceptance is not easy, but if I could just relax and accept it I would feel better about it.

Reactions: ChocChip, Dinotopian2002 and Tundra1975
AwesomeAlexABDL said:
Is just it's new to me and embarrassing and i don't want to be make fun of. I don't know how my parents are going to be and how my friends are going to react and have a fears
I think once they understand, they won't react as much. If it's mild incontenece it may be curable. Even if it's not, putting on a diaper every so often is much like having to take medication, and people don't usually ask about that.

Last edited:
Yeah I find no one can tell when I'm wearing my underwear style protection. I often like wearing regular underwear overtop so it stays in place really good and to tuck in the tops so it doesn't show at all if my pants go down at all. You don't need to tell anyone you're not comfortable telling, it's none of their business but it can also feel freeing to let close friends know so you don't have to hide it all the time either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back