Favorite Bodywash/Soap for showers and baths

Maromi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaperfur
I was curious if there’s a particular soap people enjoy to bathe with.
I normally opt for the cheap stuff though Fructis was nice when I tried it.

Aside from that I really enjoy vapo-bath as well although not a soap.

The fructis brings me nostalgia of the 90s though for some reason.

I usually use plain ol' Ivory bar soap (25+ years), no skin reactions with it. In hot weather, I do use a deodorant bar soap like Dial/gold or Coast, but I have to limit their use as I tend to itch from whatever chemicals are in that kind of soap. In the winter, when my skin tends to be extremely dry, I add Caress bar soap to the iVORYWA`

The less pongy, the better.
I don't exactly have a 'favourite', I just use what's best in terms of degreasing and price (which is usually hand gel or cheapo store brand bath liquid).
Because of a skin condition, I go through a 2-stage cleansing of degreasing/dedirting followed by a disinfecting (using surgical scrub; and that smells nicer than all the poncey stuff in the shops).

Last edited:
I use Head and Shoulders for my hair, otherwise I get dandruff.

I wash elsewhere with a bar of olive oil soap. Got onto it when I was traveling in a little Greek transplant town, and I just like it.

Reactions: Jorelaxed
I use the black treseme for my hair, I've always had quite a challenge keeping it free of 'greasiness' and that's the only thing I've found that works.

For the rest of me, I use Wrights Coal Tar soap, honestly I love the smell and I always feel so clean afterwards.

There is a small chain store called Bath Junkie. You can order online and decide on the scent(s) you'd like for them to include in the soap (they have a lot and you can pick up to 3). I really like the new chai/pepper scent I made with them. My girlfriend seems to prefer the baby powder scented one. These soaps are nice because they lather well and a little goes a long way...which is good because they are a little pricey. They also leave your skin nice and smooth.

I buy a different brand and or type every time. Whatever strikes my mood at the time. Sometimes fancy, but most of the time cheap. I always have a bar of soap handy for when I need to get in and out in a hurry, but otherwise it is usually a body wash or 2 in 1 combo. Right now I have Equate baby wash/shampoo.

TeeMousy said:
I buy a different brand and or type every time. Whatever strikes my mood at the time. Sometimes fancy, but most of the time cheap. I always have a bar of soap handy for when I need to get in and out in a hurry, but otherwise it is usually a body wash or 2 in 1 combo. Right now I have Equate baby wash/shampoo.
This is what I usually do which is why I asked haha

I think for a long while I used Irish Spring. Glad to see so many responses.

Usually if I bathe I endup rinsing with the shower on afterwards which feels great, then no extra leftover soap from the bath on you and it feels extra refreshing.

Reactions: TeeMousy
Johnson’s baby is my favorite

Reactions: TeeMousy
I really like Duke Cannon big ass bar of soap, I have three and they'll probably last me until the heat death of the sun lol. I got Midnight Swim, Bourbon (cause it reminded me of when I lived in KY), and Shamrock which is a really sweet mint scent that is my most favorite. I also have their Midway cologne which is citrus and sandalwood <3 <3 <3 As for hair I use Prose, which while costly has been really great for my hair and really brings out my natural curls!

Reactions: Maromi
Imperial Leather is my soap of choice.

Dial bar soap.

I use the 3 in 1 for men from bath and body works. A little pricy, but can be had on sale occasionally. 10 oz bottle but a little goes a long way. Excellent scents as well.

diaperbobby said:
I usually use plain ol' Ivory bar soap (25+ years), no skin reactions with it. In hot weather, I do use a deodorant bar soap like Dial/gold or Coast, but I have to limit their use as I tend to itch from whatever chemicals are in that kind of soap. In the winter, when my skin tends to be extremely dry, I add Caress bar soap to the iVORYWA`
Sorry, my computer glitched in the middle of writing my answer and I didn't realize that it had posted. May I please correct myself? Thanks.

...I add Caress bar soap to the Ivory bar soap for more moisturizing--feels and smells good. I also occasionally use Suave "Kids 3-in-1 Purely for Fun" body wash for extra moisturizing. I generally don't like the feel/texture of body wash, but this Suave product does the job for me and smells very good.

Again, sorry 'bout the messed up start to this.

Reactions: Maromi
Back