Fascination with safety and adult car seat?

Safetyharness12345 said:
I know what the segufix lock looks like. I was looking for clarity on how you push the button once you take off the lock covering the hole.

Taapero said:
Atleast I am able to reach through finger opening of the Buckle Guard even though I am seated and the harness is snugged up, so that is how. The addon prevents that as it blocks the hole :)

The Buckle Guard comes with an unlock tool you can use to open them if you don't have long enough hands, fingers or the strength to push the button.
Ah so you first take off the segufix lock your then use the tool with the guard to undo it? I have one of these harness so I hope one day to find a way I can print those out. I am unable to get enough leverage to push the button, but If I can undo the chest clip then I can push the button and I would fell safer if that was no longer an option.

Next up is to find a way to prevent adjusting the harness tightness once it is snug to make it truly safe.

Last edited:
Safetyharness12345 said:
Ah so you first take off the segufix lock your then use the tool with the guard to undo it? I have one of these harness so I hope one day to find a way I can print those out. I am unable to get enough leverage to push the button, but If I can undo the chest clip then I can push the button.

Next up is to find a way to prevent adjusting the harness tightness once it is snug to make it truly safe.
Yes, first the Segufix lock and then the regular buckle. I am unfortunately dexterous enough to not need the tool, thats why I designed it as the Buckle Guard ain't holding me :cool:

Where do you live? There are plenty of services online that will print and ship you them provided you send them the designs.

Also, what kind of seat do you have?

Last edited:
Churchill harness, just like the one you have in the photos. I live in the USA. I got is used for $100 + shipping (shipping was not cheap) from the person selling it.

Last edited:
Safetyharness12345 said:
Churchill harness, just like the one you have in the photos. I live in the USA. I got is used for $100 + shipping (shipping was not cheap) from the person selling it.
I see, well then in that case I do have a 3D design for you. Adisc doesn't allow me to upload STLs but zips are ok, so here you go.

How it works is that you slide this into the tensioner so that the slot is facing you, you then use the Chest Clip Guard tool to fish it out by inserting it into the hole in the design. You can't get it out with your fingers, also it's not a tight fit in the tensioner so it won't get stuck in there. You can always turn the tensioner upside down to get it out but if the harness is nice and snug you can't do that while seated. I'd take a picture and show you but eh.. a bit stuck at the moment and can't ;)

Attachments

• Churchill Tensioner Lock.zip
    27.5 KB · Views: 12
Lucky you getting it so cheap. Mine was second hand but never used. Paid $400 for the seat and a hefty sum for the shipping and import fees into Europe but it's worth it for me. The only product I could find that is affordable, easily hidden, easily set up in the car or inside in an office chair. Took a lot of work to make it truly inescapable but hey, I got a printer, I design stuff for a living so why not use it to my advantage as well. Now I wish that I'd have the balls to ask a friend or relative to take me out in it for a ride and give up the keys 🤩

Bigbabybret said:
yes, like i said, riding. yes not in the front seat and not driving.

But, i'm sure you ride in a car from time to time.

Basically if your getting picked up, you can put in a friends car preyyt easy, or have them take your car and have it in your car already.

But you have it, and really might as well use it, you like it, and it's fine to use it as its intended. Your sister is fine with it, its now just a matter of introducing it to more friends/family and it boming a usual thing as opposed to a speccial thing.

I'm not sure yourr situation with friends and family, but in all reality when you are going to ride with someone you mearly inroduct the seat and that you perfer to use it. I'd say that most will be as chill as your sister and you can than use it more.

Yes, i dont think it would be good to be in it alone driving the car, not as easy to see and operate the car and sure there is some issues with that legally, but when riding in a car there should be no issues.
It’s definitely something to consider. However as I said I hardly ever am a passenger in a car and drive myself almost everywhere. Believe me in practicality I think it would actually be beneficial to use the car seat more often because my body dimensions (longer legs and shorter torso) result in a regular seatbelt sitting somewhat uncomfortably on me, so maybe I actually need to be in a car seat outright lol. But yes, I will definitely consider swallowing my pride for any longer trip because I would undoubtedly be more comfortable (and safer) harnessed

Reactions: Bigbabybret
gterriley said:
It’s definitely something to consider. However as I said I hardly ever am a passenger in a car and drive myself almost everywhere. Believe me in practicality I think it would actually be beneficial to use the car seat more often because my body dimensions (longer legs and shorter torso) result in a regular seatbelt sitting somewhat uncomfortably on me, so maybe I actually need to be in a car seat outright lol. But yes, I will definitely consider swallowing my pride for any longer trip because I would undoubtedly be more comfortable (and safer) harnessed
yes for sure, pride isnt work being comfortable and evne less so against being possibly hurt or worse in an accident.

Yes, if the seat belt doesnt sit right on you, you should look at something, even when driving, maybe a cushion, I know my grandma (weighed 100lbs) needed a cushion on the seat in the car to drive all the time, and she was in a smaller car too, not a big SUV or something.

I know they make quite a few seat cushions for the cars these days, maybe that would help the seatbelt get in a better place. Across the neck is not comfortable and highly dounbt would be that good in an accident (better than nothing for sure) but might cause some neck issues in an accident i'd think.

I myself cant sit upright well, back issues, and the regular seatbelt is about 10" in front of my upper body in the van, not very good either, but I cant even sit upright in a wheelchair, I have reclined back on the wheelchair.

I'm proud your willing to consider or work towards using the seat more over being "adult", as in all reality it's not about being adult or pride, it's simply over being comfortable and possibly better safety getting better placement of seatbelts and alike.

I too was at one point too "proud" to openly wear a harness in the car, but after my accident things bacame much more focused on safety over looking "manley" or whatever stupid thing i would have said to myself to not do what is best.

cars are very dangerous, people die in them every day, and many more hurt by the hour all the time. I truly wish there were better restraints in the cars, i mean race cars have good protection for the driver and the technology is there to make them much safer than they are today, but it's cheaper to NOT add in the safety items and then the car company can make more money.
I think before i said it would be best if there was just a generic mount in the cars (universal mount) and everyone just got the seat thet fit them the best (seat belts included) and easy to pop in/out of the cars (take the seat with you if you swap cars, or even ride with someone else) be a whole new market for seats, and also cheaper for the car companies having just a mount there. Then you can get a seat that is perfect for you, side bolsters that fit, the right width, height, etc. and if you want better fabric/leather and/or padding, even type of seat belts would be your own choice, just like buying a kids seat, just for adults. You'd have a new isle at the wal-mart and/or car acessory stores with seats for kids through adults, and even then easy/available things for special needs would be cheaper on a modular seat, but that would take an act of congress to get done i'm sure, and the whole "safety" NHTSA is not really in it for safety, just bare minimums to get a touch of safety whilst bowing to the pressure from the car companies and lobbiests...but that is too political.

Basic thing is in my opnion that people (yes everyone reading this that means you) needs to look at the safety of the vehicle they are in/own/lease/rent/ride in etc...
Look at what is there at a VERY LOW bar or Minumum level. Then find things they can do/add/invest in to make the car safer.

There are a ton of things not just a car seat that should be done. From everyone should have a seatbelt cutter and a window breaker in the car and within reach, they cost nothing, especially considering the ramifications if you need one and dont have one. Amazon has them CHEAP and everyone should have them period, but i bet 95% of people dont have one within reach in the car. Most states require them on comercial vehicles like busses and limos and such, so they are not a gimmick.
then there is just a seatbelt adjuster to get the strap where it should be on you, or alike.
Then additional harnesses.
even just cleaning out things in the car, as something on the back deck in a car will come forward and hit people in a crash, my accident EVERY crumb was under the dash in the car after, the rear seat was pretty clean from about everything. Having say something like a pliers on a back back deck or screwdriver could easily kill someone in the front. Also even checking the seatbelts for wear/rips/tears/etc, or if the spring tensioner is working, or having the belt twisted.

If everyone was to check the safety equipment/seatbelts, clean the car up, have a seatbelt cutter, and make sure the seatbelt is not twisted and in the proper position on thier body would be a good start. And if it's NOT in the proper position to do whatever is needed to get it there. And if that is an extra positioner, harness, or even a whole seat, that should be done.

Trust me, and most likely anyone else that has had a major accident, having the seatbelt in the proper location, tensioned right, no objject able to fly around, is going to help you out soo much in the event of a car crash, and adding something like a harness or even a seat may help you even more. I for one wish i was in my BMW and in the 6pt belts in that car for the accident, i'm most likely be walking around like normal to this day, still working in my dream job i was doing at the time, and having a great income still, but as i was in my winter beater, that was not the case and just thank god the kids were not in the car at the time as i really dont think they would have made it, i nearly didnt make it, one the kids car seats was in the front dash/windshild after the crash (ripped out of the seatbelt) with noone in it.

Back on topic (sorry for the asides i get to about this, i am passionate about it).
I'm glad that your willing to put aside the pride and use this when you can to both be more comfortable and most like safer. Also as another aside, noone needs to have the unopenable locks on the carseat if they dont want to, but if you do (as the he does already) keep a seatbelt cutter in reach just in case (you shoud even without a locking buckle guard too).

Taapero said:
I see, well then in that case I do have a 3D design for you. Adisc doesn't allow me to upload STLs but zips are ok, so here you go.

How it works is that you slide this into the tensioner so that the slot is facing you, you then use the Chest Clip Guard tool to fish it out by inserting it into the hole in the design. You can't get it out with your fingers, also it's not a tight fit in the tensioner so it won't get stuck in there. You can always turn the tensioner upside down to get it out but if the harness is nice and snug you can't do that while seated. I'd take a picture and show you but eh.. a bit stuck at the moment and can't ;)
Hey, I was wondering if you could take a picture now, and show us how this whole system works? It sounds very interesting to be strapped in, and also very boring...

MisterThrowaway said:
Hey, I was wondering if you could take a picture now, and show us how this whole system works? It sounds very interesting to be strapped in, and also very boring...
A photo would be cool, but in all reality it's a locking device to keep it in place and not able to be removed.

Basically like locking it on with a lock and key, but more stealthy.

Now, i dont think that sitting in a harness is necessarly fun or boring.

Your in a car, usually going someplace, or at least for icecream i hope :)

But, in that ride you are now stuck in your seat, the driver is in control over you, so it adds a bit of bondage and/or power exchange into the event.
As for the AB aspect, it would be simulating that your parent now controls you being in your seat, as a child it was done through usually intimidation, now as adults that is less likely to be effective and having the harness not able to be removed by you in the harness bring it back to the "parent" or "big" being in charge of the whole thing again.

Lastly, there is the added possible safety or even need of a harness, which is outside the "lock" aspect
Some people require additional support when in a car (me for example having bad spine, and also can literally pass out for no reason (issues with BP due to autonomic nerver damage, and other issues) so having additional support is not only handy but a must. Then there is the small people, they may not even be legal to use the standard seatbelts (depending on local laws) being small in stature. To just being uncomfortble in a regular seatbelt as it hits your face insted of where it should, and a carseat is legally within thier weight and height range.

No harm in using a carseat that is designed for your size and weight and in all likelyhood it's more comfortable and maybe safer that the regular seatbelt.

Back to the locking device, I looked at the stl and it's not much to look at, just a piece of plastic that slips into the harness buckles to keep them from opening up.

Look at the harness pics on-line anywhere, plenty of them available.

Google Churchill Harness and you will see many photos.

Also, look at any the special needs car harnesses and carseats that are out there too...Googlefoo is your friend

MisterThrowaway said:
Interesting for sure, also frustrating and humiliating once you want out but can't get out by yourself. It's a feeling I'm addicted to. Here are some pictures, not sure if you noticed them in the original post. If you want specific pictures do tell and specify what you're looking for :)

gterriley said:
Recently, as I’ve gotten older I’ve noticed it’s become the complete opposite, I love everything that’s “safe”.
Same!! Except I think i've always loved everything that's safe. I wish I could still be in a child safety seat. Though, technically I could still be in one as I am very short. But still! Don't know who would drive me around in one haha. I still like to sit in the backseat when someone else is driving. Everybody fights for shotgun but i'm fine sitting in the back!! 🥰

Reactions: gterriley
Yesss if you’re close to my size would definitely fit in a special needs seat. I found one on fb marketplace and was back riding in a 5 point harness seat for a week or so last month. The front seat driving feels so exposed in comparison I miss my harness :(

Reactions: Bigbabybret
gterriley said:
Yesss if you’re close to my size would definitely fit in a special needs seat. I found one on fb marketplace and was back riding in a 5 point harness seat for a week or so last month. The front seat driving feels so exposed in comparison I miss my harness :(
Yes, you get back in the carseat and get other to do that nasty driving :)

In all reality, i'm glad you were able to get past the point of being embaressed about the seat, and as i think you found out, it's not that big of a deal to others as you might think, and it;s very comfortable, comforting, and felling safe riding in the back seat in the carseat.

Taapero said:
Interesting for sure, also frustrating and humiliating once you want out but can't get out by yourself. It's a feeling I'm addicted to. Here are some pictures, not sure if you noticed them in the original post. If you want specific pictures do tell and specify what you're looking for :)

Fascinating! Looks very "fun" by a certain measure of the word...

I guess I'm looking for a picture of the whole seat once it's set up!

Last edited:
MisterThrowaway said:
Fascinating! Looks very "fun" by a certain measure of the word...

I guess I'm looking for a picture of the whole seat once it's set up!
I'll have to take one for you once it is set up again. Not really using it in the car because sitting alone in the back seat is kind of weird!

Taapero said:
I'll have to take one for you once it is set up again. Not really using it in the car because sitting alone in the back seat is kind of weird!
I get that sitting in the back alone is at first odd, but I now do that all the time as i have my harness in the middle row seat in the van, so even if there is only my driver then i still sitin the back.

I feels odd the first time or two, but that is not much and issue and i dont think anyone is going to look at it twice from any passerbys even if they notice.

It seems the biggest issue is the "look".

Who outside the one that is driving is going to ever care or even notice, as for sitting in the back, if your worried about it you can tint the back windows and very few people outside the car will ever even notice there is someone in the back seat at all.

But really most the people on the road arent looking to see who is riding where in the car.

Now, as for the driver, they will of course be aware, but as seen on previous posts, it's not that big a deal for anyone that you trust to even drive you around for you to ride in the back in a seat. You might/will get a question maybe once, but if your legal/safe and you are more comfortable in a seat or a harness in the car they aren't going to care. Anyone that cares for you in any way at all isnt going to say no to you riding in a seat or whatever especially if it makes you feel better, more comfortable, safer, more fun, or whatever.

I think some may just want to try it out at some point as well.

But, yes it comes down to having the guts to ask or say that you want to ride in a seat, and thinking that people may look down at you for it, but in reality it's not a big deal and after the initial first time doing it will be easier and second nature at some point.

Back