Fanfold disposables for adults?

dpcare said:
the first Attends had that sticky perforated plastic liner
Yeah, I have heard about this famous liner. Some say that after you wet the liner would "conform" to your groin area?! Thus the nickname "sticky." Is this factual? Have you worn these vintage diapers and do they have a weird sticky liner when wet?

Reactions: jamesattends and Deleted member 56273
70sPampers said:
Yeah, I have heard about this famous liner. Some say that after you wet the liner would "conform" to your groin area?! Thus the nickname "sticky." Is this factual? Have you worn these vintage diapers and do they have a weird sticky liner when wet?
yes I have worn them and yes they did get sticky

Attachments

• image.png.710da53145fc74cb24cb27a6ff90c599.png
    image.png.710da53145fc74cb24cb27a6ff90c599.png
    268.7 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: Jorelaxed and Deleted member 56273
dpcare said:
I guess when I hear you say "sticky" it sounds like that is a bad thing. But when I read the attachment details, P&G describes their unique diaper design as if it were a good thing:

"Unique lining quickly pulls moisture away from body... feels drier."

Is that the sticky feature you are talking about? Does the liner "stick" to the rest of the diaper when wet? Or does the liner "stick" to YOU the wearer when wet?

Reactions: Deleted member 56273
after you wet the plastic lining over time would start to feel sticky and uncomfortable you want to change especially in warmer weather to avoid this wrap your genitals in plastic see how long before it starts to feel sticky

Last edited:
Reactions: jamesattends and Deleted member 56273
dpcare said:
after you wet the plastic lining over time would start to feel sticky and uncomfortable you want to change especially in warmer weather to avoid this wrap your genitals in plastic see how long before it starts to feel sticky
That's why P&G came up with the Perma-Dry system which was a huge improvement over the previous Micro-Pore liner.

I believe the plastic pore technology was first used in feminine pads, and may still be used there.

70sPampers said:
Yeah, I think my mind would be blown if there existed an adult version of Kimbies, complete with their diamond-embossed plastic!!

Or, I wouldn't mind wearing an adult version of the original 1978 Huggies diapers, which also came with super supple, shiny, diamond-embossed plastic!! Also, if you look carefully, the plastic shell of these Huggies has the vertical lines running the length of the diaper (like later Kimbies and J&J and Babylino). According to KCC they likely added the lines to their Kimbies for this reason: "Our pad is attached to the outer liner. This makes a stronger diaper." This is probably why Huggies, J&J, and Babylino has them also.

Indeed, when I experimented on one of my Babylino diapers that has the lines, to see how they are contracted, I found that those lines are actually glue seams that keep the plastic shell connected to the inside padding. Pampers does not feature these multiple vertical lines, opting instead, for only two horizontal glue lines, one at each waist section at either end of the diaper. But the middle part of the plastic is basically floating free from the padding making the Pampers diaper feel a bit less stable at times.

Oh, well, "worthless trivia" for most of you... enjoy the photos!

View attachment 84702View attachment 84703View attachment 84704View attachment 84705View attachment 84706View attachment 84707View attachment 84708View attachment 84709View attachment 84710View attachment 84711
I noticed the shape of the padding in the second row of picture where the Huggies are laid out flat. That’s how the original super dry kids padding was shaped, I wish I could score more of those originals.

Reactions: 70sPampers and Deleted member 56273
dpcare said:
Did you wear them often?

70sPampers said:
Yeah, I think my mind would be blown if there existed an adult version of Kimbies, complete with their diamond-embossed plastic!!

Or, I wouldn't mind wearing an adult version of the original 1978 Huggies diapers, which also came with super supple, shiny, diamond-embossed plastic!! Also, if you look carefully, the plastic shell of these Huggies has the vertical lines running the length of the diaper (like later Kimbies and J&J and Babylino). According to KCC they likely added the lines to their Kimbies for this reason: "Our pad is attached to the outer liner. This makes a stronger diaper." This is probably why Huggies, J&J, and Babylino has them also.

Indeed, when I experimented on one of my Babylino diapers that has the lines, to see how they are contracted, I found that those lines are actually glue seams that keep the plastic shell connected to the inside padding. Pampers does not feature these multiple vertical lines, opting instead, for only two horizontal glue lines, one at each waist section at either end of the diaper. But the middle part of the plastic is basically floating free from the padding making the Pampers diaper feel a bit less stable at times.

Oh, well, "worthless trivia" for most of you... enjoy the photos!

View attachment 84702View attachment 84703View attachment 84704View attachment 84705View attachment 84706View attachment 84707View attachment 84708View attachment 84709View attachment 84710View attachment 84711

Bambino gets somewhat close to this design, but with the added standing leak barriers, front and back elastic waistband, taping panel, and smooth plastic that is more similar to a late 1980's vintage Huggies Ultratrim. Their center padding is considerably wider than most other brands, including what ABUniverse offers. In fact, photos of both the Bambino Classico and Bellissimo diapers are often used for reference when describing diapers in general. The closest you can get to a classic Pampers from the early 1980's, would be Dry 24/7 due to their shape, and very shiny-smooth plastic backing.

Unfortunately, ABUniverse's SDKs don't faithfully reproduce the late 1990's version of Pampers because they are too proportionally thin with colors (the background, for example) that are excessively dark. Plus, their lining is not as smooth and supple as the vintage Pampers. Finally, there is no way to predict which kind of plastic backing you will get when ordering them. Perhaps ABUniverse can take a hint by asking a collector for a sample with the same design they use on the SDK taping panel, and copy the design down to the shape of the padding from that. THEN, they will definitely have a hot seller with BIG profits.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: Deleted member 56273
70sPampers said:
Actually, as far as hourglass diapers go, those first line 1978 Huggies (and the early Kimbies that they themselves were modeled after) are the ONLY two non-fanfold diapers that ever caught my interest, and that is because both the 1978 Huggies (as well as the Kimbies) featured the diamond-embossed plastic like 70s Pampers--the feature I HAVE TO HAVE in a diaper. By comparison, from the beginning, Luvs hourglass diapers NEVER had the diamond embossing. The plastic was ALWAYS buttery smooth from the very beginning (something that does nothing for my diaper fetish at all).

So if an adult diaper company were to at least make hourglass diapers with diamond-embossed plastic (like Pampers, Kimbies, or 1978 Huggies) then I would buy them in a heartbeat!! I don't really need the fanfold design... I just need that damned diamond embossing!!!

View attachment 75381View attachment 75382View attachment 75383View attachment 75384View attachment 75385View attachment 75386View attachment 75387
Wow those early hourglass ones are nice...Lots of shiny crinkly plastic. Id love to see some replicas made one day. Even improved modern ones made in that style and plastic....The vintage ones are just so hard to find now and are insanly expensive even for just one diaper.

• Love
Reactions: 70sPampers and Deleted member 56273
dpcare said:
This printed ad dates from the first year of production, 1979. Notice the absence of wetness indicators in the middle of the brief.

Reactions: Diprs2
70sPampers said:
I guess when I hear you say "sticky" it sounds like that is a bad thing. But when I read the attachment details, P&G describes their unique diaper design as if it were a good thing:

"Unique lining quickly pulls moisture away from body... feels drier."

Is that the sticky feature you are talking about? Does the liner "stick" to the rest of the diaper when wet? Or does the liner "stick" to YOU the wearer when wet?
When Attends came into production in 1979, wetness indicators were absent. This feature was implemented sometime in 1980/81.

Last edited by a moderator:
70sPampers said:
Fanfolds are the ONLY diapers for me! I have no desire for hourglass diapers with elastic gathers, etc. However, those thin, flimsy Ambeze, SureCare, and other "glorified changing mats that are supposed to pass off as adult diapers" never did anything for my diaper fetish so I took to attaching a few vintage baby sized 70s Toddler Pampers to achieve, for me, what is as authentic a diaper feel as I can. No, the result would probably NOT serve any functional wetting or messing purpose, but then again I NEVER wet or mess my diapers so I am okie-dokie!

Here is what the end result looks like (all photos are high-res so click thumbnail for larger view...)

View attachment 75293View attachment 75294View attachment 75295View attachment 75296View attachment 75297View attachment 75298View attachment 75299View attachment 75300
It does look good!

i would pay the extra to buy vintage diapers made today and maybe even invest in redproduce vintage diapers.(buy patents/rights from discontinued diapers from 10years or older)
Like them in my profile pic.

Reactions: 70sPampers and xxPampersBoyxx
johank said:
i would pay the extra to buy vintage diapers made today and maybe even invest in redproduce vintage diapers.(buy patents/rights from discontinued diapers from 10years or older)
Like them in my profile pic.
Problem is the machinery required to cut the old fanfold shape no longer exists.

"Problem is the machinery required to cut the old fanfold shape no longer exists."
How is it any different than the bed protector pads? I have often thought that someone could just make a run of bed protector pads in all white plastic and make them 4 times thicker. The factory does not have to create the fan fold. We could do that.

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 70sPampers, xxPampersBoyxx and Deleted member 56273
BabyTweetyBird said:
Problem is the machinery required to cut the old fanfold shape no longer exists.
Yeah, I find this hard to believe since fanfold is simply a large rectangle folded into a pleated diaper. Like @ArchtopK mentioned, we simply need the factory to make the plastic, thickness, and adult size. We ABDLs could do our own folding, like those who wear adult cloth diapers do right now. Heck, some adult cloth diapers even come pre-folded!

• Love
Reactions: xxPampersBoyxx, johank and Deleted member 56273
70sPampers said:
The last time I wore 70s Toddler Pampers was just last night when I "played" with my disposable diapers! LOL! Oh, you were taking about when you were not yet an adult?

When I was 7 I first tried on one of those Toddler Pampers for myself after being potty trained and removed out of them by my parents. And since I was so skinny I was able to tape it on using the diaper tapes themselves! Wow!!! Was it heaven!!! I began to wear 70s Toddler fanfold Pampers again (from the pinkish/purple box like my profile photo) when I was a bed-wetting 16 year old. They were Toddler size and even though they could fit me front to back, my hips were too big by then so I just used masking tape to keep them on while I slept.

Super arousing 70s Toddler Pampers and a teenage boy coming into puberty at the same time that he is discovering masturbation... quite a wonderful mix if I don't say so myself (grin)!
I love this story

• Love
Reactions: 70sPampers
mbta12 said:
I love this story
Glad you loved the story. I just so happen to love your avatar! Pink/Purple box Pampers are my favorite vintage 70s era diapers, but the green box is my next favorite:

Pampers Green1.jpgPampers Green2.jpgPampers Green124.jpgPampers Green127.jpg

• Love
Reactions: wowser81, mbta12, Cavvet8993 and 1 other person
Back