Exhausted with being diapered.

chuck said:
greatlake5, you need some help. Joining this group is a start, but perhaps you need to see a professional...
Based on this and other threads I've seen him post recently, I completely agree. There's a lot we can advise on, but we're only experts on ourselves for the most part I'd say.

ltaluv said:
@Diaperman95 , you make very good points.

Like you, I chose doctors who will take the time necessary and listen to me. I was sad when my previous primary care doc retired - though I've never seen her outside of her practice, it felt more like losing a friend than just switching doctors. Now I have to do the dreaded search for a new primary, which I've been procrastinating.

On the flip side, I recently dropped a doctor who treated me like I wasn't important. I showed up at the time his office told me, and they claimed I should have been there half an hour earlier. The receptionist checked with the doctor, and he told her that he was to busy to see me. If he's too busy for me, I'm far too busy to make time for him, and I'll find another doctor. If course, not everybody has this luxury, especially those on Medicare who don't have many choices to start with.
Yes I do not blame you. I use to put up with stuff but not anymore. It is my health and it is far from great so I need some great doctors.

I had Normal medicare the first year then I went to a advantage plus plan and it was the best thing I ever did. I get 1200 bucks a year to spend on over the counter stuff or med supplies. Plus it pays about $300 a year for glasses and $1000 for dental. Standard Medicare does non of that then when I needed Hearing aids this year they paid almost $7,000 of it and it did not cost me a cent. For some of the most advanced hearing aids too. Standard Medicare does not even cover prescription drugs without a separate plan. My plan is only $21 a month out of my check above the Normal Medicare cost. So Just Eye glasses alone make it worth that. Plus a larger choice of Doctors to choose from.

Back