Ever discover someone else’s Goodnites or Pull-ups as a kid?

abcde12678

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I had quite a few occasions where I was at friends’ houses as a kid and discovered they, too, wore goodnites.

This was probably because I’d always snoop through their drawers, closets and trash trying to find them.

Here are a few of those occasions that resulted in some lifelong memories: (yes these are very true)

—One friend was a couple years younger than me. He was in third grade I was in fifth grade at the time. I had just stopped wearing goodnites to bed, though still wet my bed fairly often.

I opened his top dresser drawer and found goodnites inside. I didn’t tell him I’d found them. I tried ti search his house to find the used ones he’d disposed of but couldn’t find any anywhere.

I kept trying to set up a sleepover to catch him wearing them. We kept having to reschedule. Finally we got one set up a few months later.

When he wasn’t looking, I dug through his overnight bag, only to find there were no goodnites inside.

Later during the sleepover I finally told him I discovered goodnites in his dresser a couple months earlier. He told me he doesn’t wear them anymore now. I was bummed.

—Another friend was my same exact age (we were two weeks apart in age) and we met in our first grade class.

The first time I was over at his house, I opened one of his dresser drawers and found goodnites.

I asked him “do you wear pull-ups?”

He tried to lie and say no, and I told him, “it’s ok I wear them too.”

He was really exited and said “you wear pull-ups too?!??”

I said yes, I really do.

We became really good friends and would often have sleepovers.

I would always wake up with a wet goodnite. But he never did.

Like seriously of all the years I’d known him and had sleepovers with him, I’d NEVER seen him wake up with a wet Goodnite. Evidently he must have needed them though because he wore them through at least the beginning of middle school. Still—just weird that throughout the probably 50+ total nights we’d spent together between Kindergarten and Fifth Grade, he never woke up wet. Maybe I brought him good luck lol.

Fast forward to summer after fifth grade. I was sleeping over at a friends house. This friend was my same age, and I’d known him since kindergarten. As it so happened, this friend also wore Goodnites (although he was only a very occasional wetter compared to me).

Neither of us—or our other friends—ever judged each other for wearing them. I think it’s actually sort of why we were such good friends. It’s was a common thing to bond over.

At the point of this sleepover I had been out of nighttime pull-ups for about six months because my parents wanted me to stop wearing them before I started by scouts. Despite being out of pull-ups at night, I still frequently wet the bed. Meanwhile my friend was still wearing them even though he rarely, if ever, wet the bed.

Anyway, I wake up in the middle of the night to find I soaked his bed. I was so embarrassed and called my mom to come pick me up. I didn’t even tell him I’d wet the bed. I just left.

That friend never talked to me again after that.

I lost a lifelong friend all over something that could have been prevented if I’d just been kept in nighttime pull-ups because I still needed them.

I relived that night (and still do) and often thought about “what if I’d just been truthful with him and asked him to borrow one of his pull-ups” “what if my parents never stopped buying them for me? Would I still have my best friend?”

—I didn’t even have to snoop around for this next one.

It was a month after my disastrous sleepover… later that summer, I went on my weeklong first Boy Scout summer camp with my new troop.

To my surprise, my tentmate had a package of Goodnites in his trunk and confessed he still we the bed. I’d been sharing tents with him the past five months and never knew! He still wet his bed every single night at this point. But meanwhile all this time he’d been keeping his sleeping bag dry because he wore protection for his bedwetting—while I (the occasional Bedwetter) was embarrassed and found out multiple times because I did not wear anything to prevent me from soaking g my sleeping bag… and those of the other kids next to me.

This again made me realize I could have totally still been wearing them this entire time and not been found out of made fun of.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jamas, checkingoutall, Canadianfalls and 4 others
Not Goodnites because they weren´t still around, but bedwetting diapers.

There was one time when I was around 9 or 10 and got invited to a friend´s birthday party at his house. I really liked going to this kid´s house because he had bunk beds in his room and there were two different slides down the top bunk, so we pretty much spent hours and hours just climbing up and sliding down a different slide each time... since there were more kids around for the party, we were made to play in the courtyard but all I wanted was to slide down the bed all afternoon.

At one point I asked my friend if I could use his bathroom -next to his bedroom- and he said ok, so I went inside but instead of going to the bathroom I went into his room with the intention of sliding down the bed maybe 2 or 3 times... the point is that when I climbed up to his bed I noticed his pjs were rolled up in one of the corners, but what caught my attention was the tape-wing of a diaper sticking out of the pj roll... my heart started rushing as I clearly knew that I had found a diaper and I´d always loved diapers, but I wasn´t still able to name that excitement back then. The thing is that I let my curiosity take the best of me and proceeded to unroll the pjs and extract the diaper, which was the largest size of a blue Pampers Baby Dry with a small peepee mark at the front of the padding. I suddenly understood why he´d never wanted me to stay over or have a sleepover at my house.

As careful as I could, I tried to put everything back as it was, slided down the spiral slide and went to the bathroom... whilst peeing I thought about my discovery and figured that if I opened the cabinet I´d find the rest of the packet, but it wasn´t there, so I just rinsed my hands and went back to play with the other kids. I never mentioned anything to him and he never said anything about noticing an intruder in his room, so that was it. Also, I didn´t ask him to have sleepovers ever again.

Last edited:
Reactions: antoniorain789, Canadianfalls, michaelmc and 2 others
abcde12678 said:
I had quite a few occasions where I was at friends’ houses as a kid and discovered they, too, wore goodnites.

This was probably because I’d always snoop through their drawers, closets and trash trying to find them.

Here are a few of those occasions that resulted in some lifelong memories: (yes these are very true)

—One friend was a couple years younger than me. He was in third grade I was in fifth grade at the time. I had just stopped wearing goodnites to bed, though still wet my bed fairly often.

I opened his top dresser drawer and found goodnites inside. I didn’t tell him I’d found them. I tried ti search his house to find the used ones he’d disposed of but couldn’t find any anywhere.

I kept trying to set up a sleepover to catch him wearing them. We kept having to reschedule. Finally we got one set up a few months later.

When he wasn’t looking, I dug through his overnight bag, only to find there were no goodnites inside.

Later during the sleepover I finally told him I discovered goodnites in his dresser a couple months earlier. He told me he doesn’t wear them anymore now. I was bummed.

—Another friend was my same exact age (we were two weeks apart in age) and we met in our first grade class.

The first time I was over at his house, I opened one of his dresser drawers and found goodnites.

I asked him “do you wear pull-ups?”

He tried to lie and say no, and I told him, “it’s ok I wear them too.”

He was really exited and said “you wear pull-ups too?!??”

I said yes, I really do.

We became really good friends and would often have sleepovers.

I would always wake up with a wet goodnite. But he never did.

Like seriously of all the years I’d known him and had sleepovers with him, I’d NEVER seen him wake up with a wet Goodnite. Evidently he must have needed them though because he wore them through at least the beginning of middle school. Still—just weird that throughout the probably 50+ total nights we’d spent together between Kindergarten and Fifth Grade, he never woke up wet. Maybe I brought him good luck lol.

Fast forward to summer after fifth grade. I was sleeping over at a friends house. This friend was my same age, and I’d known him since kindergarten. As it so happened, this friend also wore Goodnites (although he was only a very occasional wetter compared to me).

Neither of us—or our other friends—ever judged each other for wearing them. I think it’s actually sort of why we were such good friends. It’s was a common thing to bond over.

At the point of this sleepover I had been out of nighttime pull-ups for about six months because my parents wanted me to stop wearing them before I started by scouts. Despite being out of pull-ups at night, I still frequently wet the bed. Meanwhile my friend was still wearing them even though he rarely, if ever, wet the bed.

Anyway, I wake up in the middle of the night to find I soaked his bed. I was so embarrassed and called my mom to come pick me up. I didn’t even tell him I’d wet the bed. I just left.

That friend never talked to me again after that.

I lost a lifelong friend all over something that could have been prevented if I’d just been kept in nighttime pull-ups because I still needed them.

I relived that night (and still do) and often thought about “what if I’d just been truthful with him and asked him to borrow one of his pull-ups” “what if my parents never stopped buying them for me? Would I still have my best friend?”

—I didn’t even have to snoop around for this next one.

It was a month after my disastrous sleepover… later that summer, I went on my weeklong first Boy Scout summer camp with my new troop.

To my surprise, my tentmate had a package of Goodnites in his trunk and confessed he still we the bed. I’d been sharing tents with him the past five months and never knew! He still wet his bed every single night at this point. But meanwhile all this time he’d been keeping his sleeping bag dry because he wore protection for his bedwetting—while I (the occasional Bedwetter) was embarrassed and found out multiple times because I did not wear anything to prevent me from soaking g my sleeping bag… and those of the other kids next to me.

This again made me realize I could have totally still been wearing them this entire time and not been found out of made fun of.
Did you know if any older kids that wore them during the daytime? I knew of one boy that wore diaper when I was in first grade.

I wish Goodnites was around when I was a Boy Scout. Goodnites were introduced two years after I graduated from High School.

Reactions: Canadianfalls
Twice this happened. Once when I was a kid, I was at my friends house(we were all around 11-12 years old) and there was a full case of pullups, like the kind you'd buy at Costco. Couldn't figure that one out. Strangely enough, one of the siblings ended up working for Babies R Us for a LONG time....

At my girlfriends apartment in college, she kept a bag of some off brand pullups in her bathroom. I never asked why, but I guess she maybe had them there in case she babysat for someone???

As far as I knew while growing up, I was the only kid that wet the bed and needed diapers at night.

Good nights and pullups was not invented when I was a kid

I didn't discover someone's pullups, but I discovered a friend was a bedwetter at 16 when I woke up and the bed was soaked clear over to my side

I think i was around 7, i had a good friend of mine from school who lived just a couple of appartments down from where i was. We hung out quite often and there was once i went to his house a little after 8pm and i was sitting in the living room when his mom called him to gear up for bed. A couple of minutes later i saw my friend running from one room to the next only in a t-shirt and pullup.... I sat there shocked for quite some time.... and i think it was quite obvious on my face cause as soon as his mom came out of the room she saw me... she just approached me with a dismissive and semi threatening stance saying that, "you know its normal for some people to need protection at this age, you should keep this to yourself"....

Being the innocent kid that i was, i reluctantly agreed and didn't say anything else. I think it was part of what she said that got me even more interested in diapers at that age. However i never understood why i never approached my friend about. I guess his mum's protective stance did work against me. Though i remember having some dreams about having diapered sleepovers 🤣

Reactions: Canadianfalls
In third grad I went to play at a new friend’s house. His bag of diapers was sitting out in the open for all to see. I think I just lead with “You still wear diapers too?!” We hung out more and had a few sleepovers. But that all ended when he betrayed me to the school bully. I can only assume that the bully knew about his secret and was teasing him when maybe he tried to deflect by saying “Well ForArt does too!” But what I do know for sure is, the bully taunted me about it. And when I asked him how he knew, he gave up my so-called friend without hesitation.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: DinoFrant
Not good nights but nappies and plastic pants in my cousins bedroom. Like me he wet the bed and my aunt kept him in nappies until he was finally dry at night in his teens.

Not exactly discovered but just always knew a close neighbour had a similar experience as me with bed wetting into our teens. Being children of the 50s/60s we were both using nappies and protective pants that could be clearly seen when drying on the washing line. No dryers back then.

quartz200420012 said:
Twice this happened. Once when I was a kid, I was at my friends house(we were all around 11-12 years old) and there was a full case of pullups, like the kind you'd buy at Costco. Couldn't figure that one out. Strangely enough, one of the siblings ended up working for Babies R Us for a LONG time....

At my girlfriends apartment in college, she kept a bag of some off brand pullups in her bathroom. I never asked why, but I guess she maybe had them there in case she babysat for someone???
Some women use nappies instead of sanitary towels 🚼 ❤️
Historions know about periods 😁

Reactions: Deleted member 74558 and Scott729
I remember in first grade there was a girl who I suspected was wearing a diaper from the way she smelled. This was 1957, so it would have been cloth/rubber pants. I could smell something; a recently wet diaper smells different from that old-pee smell of an un-bathed bedwetter...

Some friends of my parents were visiting and they had a kid about 3 years younger than me. One morning I saw his wet pullup in the garbage. At this point I was in Goodnites but this was just a regular pullup.
I kind of had mixed feelings about this. (This was mostly before I was interested in diapers/pull-ups). First, I didn’t really like this kid, so I didn’t like the idea of having something in common with him. But at the same time I felt a certain smugness because he wasn’t “ahead” of me in that regard and that he wore the little kid pullups. Of course, even if we both wore some kind of pullups, I didn’t want him to know about mine because it was important to me that he saw me as a big kid.

Last edited:
My pre-school classroom had a bathroom directly attached to it and there was a shelf filled with packages of pull-ups for each kid who still wore. That was the first time I realized many of my classmates wore. I also remember asking my mom if I could wear pull-ups so that I could be like the other kids lol.

In elementary school there was a kid who must not have been potty trained (or just had frequent accidents) because would sometimes see him carrying a bag and a pull-up/goodnite to the bathroom.

Reactions: Deleted member 74558, Jamas, checkingoutall and 1 other person
Josh24 said:
I didn't discover someone's pullups, but I discovered a friend was a bedwetter at 16 when I woke up and the bed was soaked clear over to my side
What did he say lol

Riddy said:
Some friends of my parents were visiting and they had a kid about 3 years younger than me. One morning I saw his wet pullup in the garbage. At this point I was in Goodnites but this was just a regular pullup.
I kind of had mixed feelings about this. (This was mostly before I was interested in diapers/pull-ups). First, I didn’t really like this kid, so I didn’t like the idea of having something in common with him. But at the same time I felt a certain smugness because he wasn’t “ahead” of me in that regard and that he wore the little kid pullups. Of course, even if we both wore some kind of pullups, I didn’t want him to know about mine because it was important to me that he saw me as a big kid.
Did anyone ever catch you wearing goodnites as a kid?

ForArt said:
In third grad I went to play at a new friend’s house. His bag of diapers was sitting out in the open for all to see. I think I just lead with “You still wear diapers too?!” We hung out more and had a few sleepovers. But that all ended when he betrayed me to the school bully. I can only assume that the bully knew about his secret and was teasing him when maybe he tried to deflect by saying “Well ForArt does too!” But what I do know for sure is, the bully taunted me about it. And when I asked him how he knew, he gave up my so-called friend without hesitation.
What kind of diapers? How did the sleepovers go?

quartz200420012 said:

At my girlfriend’s apartment in college, she kept a bag of some off brand pullups in her bathroom. I never asked why, but I guess she maybe had them there in case she babysat for someone???
were the pull-ups for your friend or someone else who lived in the house?

Wetshisbed said:
Not good nights but nappies and plastic pants in my cousins bedroom. Like me he wet the bed and my aunt kept him in nappies until he was finally dry at night in his teens.
Did you ever have sleepovers together or tell each other that you both wore?

Back