Etsy etc getting out of hand?

Patricia48

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Am I the only one to notice that Etsy etc seem to be trying to wrench all the money out of us that they can? I swear that stuff is really getting beyond my means!

Patricia

Reactions: ARBBB2 and littledreamers333
Just because its against your liking doesn´t mean that someone else won´t be interested in it

Reactions: royalpacis
Patricia48 said:
I swear that stuff is really getting beyond my means!

Patricia
They're artists targeting a niche. Of course they want to get paid.

Reactions: mistykitty, BobbiSueEllen and nappybaby
I usually find if I see something on ebay I like, such as a onesie or maybe some plastic pants, the same or equivalent on etsy is all ways more expensive.

I think it depends on what your intrested in. I find some really good deals on there, both abdl related and other things.

Reactions: mistykitty and BobbiSueEllen
etsy fees are really high and there are taxes too. I only keep about 35% of my shop income because etsy has quite a few fees, i have to pay shipping, insurance, domains, material and more. It adds up very very quickly

• Sad
Reactions: MajesticHamster, mistykitty and BobbiSueEllen
Patricia48 said:
Am I the only one to notice that Etsy etc seem to be trying to wrench all the money out of us that they can? I swear that stuff is really getting beyond my means!

Patricia
I agree

eBay Facebook Etsy all are doing this. want to much of the pie. So I stopped selling on all of them

• Sad
Reactions: MajesticHamster, Gary99 and BobbiSueEllen
I've heard Etsy's terms & expectations of their clients are rather unreasonable. Typical greed-shop. I wish there was a better way to connect makers to customers...too many trust-fund babies out there who want to run everything and 'retire' before they reach 30. What a joke. Sure, everybody wants to be a chief...eveybody wanted to be Tony Hawk, too. "Many will play, few will win", leaving the few remaining to eat their own. Imagine that: getting NFL wages for pressing buttons. What a sad, deluded world.

The dresses I buy are pricey...but I love them. I'd rather pay all that money to my dressmaker than to greedy Etsy. The internet used to be the premier peer2peer place...what happened?

And I had no idea Etsy was in Ireland. Silly me, thinking the US and China hosts everything.

nappybaby said:
etsy fees are really high and there are taxes too. I only keep about 35% of my shop income because etsy has quite a few fees, i have to pay shipping, insurance, domains, material and more. It adds up very very quickly
That is so not fair to you and the others then. You're doing the work you're selling the product they should not be taking that from you. That's just so so wrong of etsy to do :mad:

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: MajesticHamster and BobbiSueEllen
That's why I'm gonna snail-mail my dressmaker and see if she'll do a deal where I pay her cash, directly, and she keeps 100% of what she asks. She's worth it to me...she's made 2 dresses for me so far, another 2 dresses are on the way and I wanna get 2 more. She's the best! She helped make my baby girl dreams come true. 🤗🥰🥰🥰🥳

• Love
Reactions: mistykitty
BobbiSueEllen said:
That's why I'm gonna snail-mail my dressmaker and see if she'll do a deal where I pay her cash, directly, and she keeps 100% of what she asks. She's worth it to me...she's made 2 dresses for me so far, another 2 dresses are on the way and I wanna get 2 more. She's the best! She helped make my baby girl dreams come true. 🤗🥰🥰🥰🥳
Doing the right thing does usually take longer but in the long term it's greatly appreciated by all involved :) (y)

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
So I sell pinback buttons like these. IMG_1891.jpeg

Cost was $2.00, and shipping $4.00 per order. I calculated by the time I paid for the shipping using Etsy and paid etsys fees, I made 50 cents if lucky.
That does not even count in the paper for the labels, the parts for the button.

I ended up raising my prices to 2.50 per button and $5 for the shipping

Reactions: ChronoKitten and BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen said:
Dressmaker? Would love to see the dresses?

• Love
nappybaby said:
mistykitty said:
That is so not fair to you and the others then. You're doing the work you're selling the product they should not be taking that from you. That's just so so wrong of etsy to do :mad:
robertabdl74 said:
eBay Facebook Etsy all are doing this. want to much of the pie. So I stopped selling on all of them

Fees for existing, now to a website near you. /jk

Reminds me of Doctor Who's "Oxygen" with 12 and Bill.

Reactions: mistykitty and BobbiSueEllen
You’re obviously not buying from good sellers but keep in mind sellers have fees to pay . I buy on ESTY all the time and my sellers sell top end quality ABDL clothing that are not expensive at all . I look around some sellers are selling the same type item for 3X more than anyone else . Don’t buy from them one of my very favorite custom made clothing is Big Tots . She’s sooooo very nice and has constant new patterns never ever boring or to expensive . Half my toddler clothing is from her my mommy buys from her and surprises me often with new outfits no more expensive than any commercial clothing . Go look her up you’ll be very happy with allll the amazing things she sells not just wonderful clothing but all AB / AT accessories very affordable .

Last edited:
Back