Etsy Custom swaddle?

The second item just arrived looks too be loads better quality from this seller

Reactions: Littleabp
Tried the second item last night very impressed with the quality of the item its roomy well made and very comfortable.

i would highly recommended buying from Biggbabybotique and will do again myself if you are interested in this item she does not list it as it was a custom item send her a message and she would gladly make it for you

yes the price was more expensive due too shipping from us to UK but the extra £30 is 100% worth it i think most would be dissatisfied with the quality of the first item

AComputerGuy said:
Tried the second item last night very impressed with the quality of the item its roomy well made and very comfortable.

i would highly recommended buying from Biggbabybotique and will do again myself if you are interested in this item she does not list it as it was a custom item send her a message and she would gladly make it for you

yes the price was more expensive due too shipping from us to UK but the extra £30 is 100% worth it i think most would be dissatisfied with the quality of the first item
Glad to hear the second one has turned out better!

Have you tried a full night in it now? What’s it like once you are swaddled in it, is it escape proof? 😀

AComputerGuy said:
Not much a cellphone could do unless alexa or google was willing too help 😂😂 if theres ever a post by me saying help!!! trapped you know what's happened

I will write an introduction soon im slightly scared lol
Get an Iphone and make sure you have "Hey Seri" turned on.

Littleabp said:
Glad to hear the second one has turned out better!

Have you tried a full night in it now? What’s it like once you are swaddled in it, is it escape proof? 😀
I have only tried the first item arms in and i could get in and out of it on my own with a little effort can nudge the zip from the inside

But i know there would be no getting out of the second item the velcro is very wide and strong it covers from shoulder too wrist

So if you were put inside with the strap fastened tightly and the zip locked no way are you getting out on your own

TeddyBearCowboy said:
Get an Iphone and make sure you have "Hey Seri" turned on.
I have a google home on my bedside table im a geek and proud i have a fully functioning smart home controlled by computers

AComputerGuy said:
I have only tried the first item arms in and i could get in and out of it on my own with a little effort can nudge the zip from the inside

But i know there would be no getting out of the second item the velcro is very wide and strong it covers from shoulder too wrist

So if you were put inside with the strap fastened tightly and the zip locked no way are you getting out on your own
The second one sounds amazing 😀😀 have you been put in it properly by someone yet?

I’d love my mummy to put me in one for a nap, I’m not sure how a whole night would be locked in though?

I would really like to get one, what was the total cost with shipping and import tax, if you don’t mind me asking

Littleabp said:
The second one sounds amazing 😀😀 have you been put in it properly by someone yet?

I’d love my mummy to put me in one for a nap, I’m not sure how a whole night would be locked in though?

I would really like to get one, what was the total cost with shipping and import tax, if you don’t mind me asking
  • Item Total£101.35
  • Delivery£29.48
  • Order Total£130.83
My GF doesn't want me wearing nappys in bed and if you were locked in it all night you would need a nappy i already wake multiple times in the night too go toilet and she would be pretty annoyed if i woke her up because i couldn't get out of it and go too the toilet so im working on that 🤣🤣

AComputerGuy said:

Sounds like your being lured into a trap! Beware if she offers to put you in a nappy for the night...

• Haha
Reactions: AComputerGuy
dduck508 said:
Sounds like your being lured into a trap! Beware if she offers to put you in a nappy for the night...
If i was offered that i would take it regardless of the trap 🤣🤣

AComputerGuy said:
If i was offered that i would take it regardless of the trap 🤣🤣
I'm with yah...

pdiapered said:
So I was going to say it might be a little pricey. But I wont ever tell you buy it becouse that's what you like. I think that statement is sorta foolish, it really doesn't answer any questions. So custom made items are going to be pricey. Second fabric which I have bought is very expensive. My guess would be over 50 in american dollars. So looking at those two factors maybe not so bad. For me personally its iffy (is that a word). I would think about it.
I think it IS overpriced and could be done with more flair. After all it's only a sleeping bag with an add on. I'm sure it could be made better by someone.

Adair37 said:
I think it IS overpriced and could be done with more flair. After all it's only a sleeping bag with an add on. I'm sure it could be made better by someone.
If i could have found it cheaper somewhere else i would been looking for this item for at least a year

As I said earlier one thing people often forget about or overlook with custom bespoke items is the creator's labour, skill and equipment. When you take those into account as well as the fabric involved etc, it seems fair.

Last edited:
Reactions: littlemoosey and AComputerGuy
Littl3Luk3 said:
As I said earlier one thing people often forget about or overlook with custom bespoke items is the creator's labour, skill and equipment. When you take those into account as well as the fabric involved etc, it seems fair.
The seller who created the second item already sells adult sleeping bags and they sell for around the same price £100 not including shipping so the seller added an arm strap for nothing really

I've been working on this for some time and found that swaddling like a baby is much more difficult because lifting up the body and perfectly wrapping the arms in the additional blanket with velcro fasteners is quite difficult. It's totally impossible if the SB doesn't cooperate.

On the other side it's less effective on an AB than on a baby.

Locking for something as effective and motion limiting I found that sewn or zipped in arm pockets to a big baby sleeping bag and additional tightening by belts or velcro will leave the little helpless like a baby.

Without additional tightening the arms can move more and aren't fixed to the chest but the additional belts will fix this.

Perhaps you have already a big baby sleeping bag and find someone who can implement the additional arm pockets. The arm pockets should be snug if you are wearing the thickest sleeper.

Please inform the community about your experience.

Reactions: WillFord384
As alternative to arm pockets fixed to the sleeping bag it should be possible to sew arm pockets to a sheet instead of the internal wraps for the arms and have a sheet part that would go from your back to the front and wrap around your arms in their pockets as well as the chest.

At this stage it would already be very difficult to free yourself and totally impossible after being placed in your baby sleeping bag.

Diaper change will require releasing you from the sleeping bag and outer wrap to gain access to the diaper area.

A sleeping bag with arm pockets and zipper closing from top to bottom might enable diaper change while being kept in your restraints.

Please share you experience and optimisation hints.

Reactions: WillFord384
AComputerGuy said:
Hi @pdiapered thanks for the reply

Do you think £100 is a reasonable price for a custom made item i understand there will be alot of fabric needed and the time too create the item isn't free but £100 seems high end
It's impossible to say if it's too expensive or not. It would have to be strong and well made.

Back