Etsy Custom swaddle?

Hi everyone quick update

I have changed my mind on ordering this item from this seller

there shop was very new (less than a year old) and contained mainly pacifiers etc the couple of items that they did have listed had slight problems and they also requested payment off site directly into there bank account so i decided it may be best too try someone else

I am now taking too Kimber Marie from big baby boutique she has great reviews and has made countless items and also sells custom sleepsacks she is willing too create this item but does want £30 more than the original person i think it will be better too get it created by this lady will keep you updated fabric pattern is slightly different too

Reactions: ss44bb
Final design from biggbabybotique (kimber Marie) (ordered)

Sleeveless sleepsack/swadde with snaps on the arm/shoulder area too allow arms in/out with a two way locking zipper removable arm strap using a French terry knitt fabric with star pattern

Arrival early December latest
Will receive pictures before its delivered will post them for you all

Attachments

• 20201024_133540.jpg
    20201024_133540.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20201012-192601_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201012-192601_Gallery.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20201030-191304_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201030-191304_Gallery.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: WillFord384 and ss44bb
sbmccue said:
I actually think the price is quite reasonable ... even in US dollars. When you consider the amount of fabric required, and the amount of time (and doubtless, some trial and error) to produce an adult-sized piece, I don't think £100 is out of line.

I realize many ABs and DLs are inclined for various reasons to be somewhat parsimonious. However, specialty items - especially handmade specialty items - are seldom inexpensive.
"PARSIMONIOUS" your sesquipedalianism is showing;)

Reactions: WillFord384
AComputerGuy said:
Final design from biggbabybotique (kimber Marie) (ordered)

Sleeveless sleepsack/swadde with snaps on the arm/shoulder area too allow arms in/out with a two way locking zipper removable arm strap using a French terry knitt fabric with star pattern

Arrival early December latest
Will receive pictures before its delivered will post them for you all
Two way locking zipper a MUST!

Reactions: FeliDaKitten, WillFord384, ss44bb and 2 others
The original seller has still created this item and sent photos i think i will purchase this one aswell 🤣

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201103-132419_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201103-132419_Chrome.jpg
    538.9 KB · Views: 67
  • Screenshot_20201103-183552_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201103-183552_Chrome.jpg
    428.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot_20201103-183601_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201103-183601_Chrome.jpg
    477.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_20201103-183612_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201103-183612_Chrome.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20201103-183615_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201103-183615_Chrome.jpg
    456 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_20201103-183621_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201103-183621_Chrome.jpg
    389.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20201103-183629_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201103-183629_Chrome.jpg
    563.3 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_20201103-183637_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201103-183637_Chrome.jpg
    479.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_20201103-183642_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201103-183642_Chrome.jpg
    367.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_20201103-183645_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201103-183645_Chrome.jpg
    611.8 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: ss44bb and Littleabp
Oh, looks nice, very interested in getting something like this

Reactions: AComputerGuy
kinkygaybottom said:
Oh, looks nice, very interested in getting something like this
I backed out on the original person i was going too get this off there shop was extremely new hasn't got any custom made items listed and requested payment directly too there bank it all felt dodgy

But now they have added photos of the product looks like they did an ok job and the listing is now on the site so no direct bank payments so i think i will buy this now

I have already purchased another one from an extremely well rated seller awaiting that too arrive still

Will post updates on all

Reactions: ss44bb, Littleabp and kinkygaybottom
AComputerGuy said:
I backed out on the original person i was going too get this off there shop was extremely new hasn't got any custom made items listed and requested payment directly too there bank it all felt dodgy

But now they have added photos of the product looks like they did an ok job and the listing is now on the site so no direct bank payments so i think i will buy this now

I have already purchased another one from an extremely well rated seller awaiting that too arrive still

Will post updates on all
Looking forward to your updates, you got a link for the original shop?

kinkygaybottom said:
Looking forward to your updates, you got a link for the original shop?
I have purchased both the items from both sellers

Both sellers are on etsy.com

Original seller : BabyBelleDDLGLTD

note: shop less than a year old based in uk does not have many items

Second seller : BigBabyBoutique

note: extremely well rated seller has made countless products for ABDL and non ABDL already has multiple sleepsacks listed would recommend mainly deals in custom onsies and that type of product

Reactions: ss44bb
Babybelle is willing too make more of the exact item i have posted and will also custom make the item if you are interested

Reactions: ss44bb and Littleabp
Item from original seller has arrived

Reactions: Littleabp
I would like to be swaddled as well. The wrap for the arms could be sewn easily and some a large baby sleeping bag would work as cover.

But then I am in need of someone who would swaddle me, close my crib and release me in the morning.

I like the dream. Perhaps it will be true one day.

The second seller has messaged me today saying she has now started too create the item so the second one should be here soon

Review of the first item

Materials:

The material used too make the outer bag is something like a curtain its comfortable but gets pretty warm better too sleep with no clothes on, the material used for the arm strap is a soft stretchy jersey material like a thin baby blanket

Issues:
threads left exposed, arm holes too small i have already had too repair a tear that i made reaching above my head lying down too get my teddy bear arm, arm strap completely the wrong size i could get nearly two people inside 😂

Overall
This was a handmade item so you can always expect issues with that type of thing i originally planned on creating this item myself but didn't fancy the hastle i have no experience sewing or creating clothing and i think they have done a better job than i could have done on my own so i will fix the issues cut some threads, reinforce the arm seams and shorten the strap, i have slept in it the past two nights and i really like the item i have not used the arm strap yet as it has issues

Anything else ask me i will see if i can answer your questions

Second seller has messaged saying that the item is nearly finished i only have one picture of the item at the moment im excited for this one as this is a extremely high rated seller the quality should be top notch

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201111-184550_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20201111-184550_Samsung Internet.jpg
    308.7 KB · Views: 33
Side by side view of what i requested and what they made i think this seller has nailed it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201111-184550_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20201111-184550_Samsung Internet.jpg
    308.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 20201111_190821.jpg
    20201111_190821.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 59
I'm sorry, that you did not receive what you expected directly. I will sew a armstrap for me as well and use it with one of my baby sleeping bags when I have someone use it on me.

Sleep calm and stay swaddled.

Second item has shipped will take awhile USA to UK

AComputerGuy said:
Review of the first item

Materials:

The material used too make the outer bag is something like a curtain its comfortable but gets pretty warm better too sleep with no clothes on, the material used for the arm strap is a soft stretchy jersey material like a thin baby blanket

Issues:
threads left exposed, arm holes too small i have already had too repair a tear that i made reaching above my head lying down too get my teddy bear arm, arm strap completely the wrong size i could get nearly two people inside 😂

Overall
This was a handmade item so you can always expect issues with that type of thing i originally planned on creating this item myself but didn't fancy the hastle i have no experience sewing or creating clothing and i think they have done a better job than i could have done on my own so i will fix the issues cut some threads, reinforce the arm seams and shorten the strap, i have slept in it the past two nights and i really like the item i have not used the arm strap yet as it has issues

Anything else ask me i will see if i can answer your questions
How do you use the arm strap? It should only go around the arms and lay as triple layer in your back. It should not go around your body.
If you don't knew look at the YouTube videos for escape proof swaddling.

Good luck.

ss44bb said:
How do you use the arm strap? It should only go around the arms and lay as triple layer in your back. It should not go around your body.
If you don't knew look at the YouTube videos for escape proof swaddling.

Good luck.
It was supposed too wrap around the body like in this picture i will look and see about doing it how you say

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201113-142416_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201113-142416_Chrome.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 6
Back