Environmental Impact

No I never think of the environmental impact that a few dirty diapers do.

What I do think about is how the super rich, the corporations, the federal, state and local governments and the amount of environmental damage they do.

I'll break it down for you.
Well start with the rich.
They reside in 1000s, sometimes 10s of 1000s of square ft mansions usually sitting on multiple acres of manicured lawn. Many of them own multiple mansions too. They drive or rather they are chauffeured around in big gas guzzling SUVs, sometimes heavy armored. They own yachts and private jets and many other luxury items that leave a sizeable carbon footprint. They vacation all over the world and use those very luxuries to get to there destinations.

Me I live in a modest home on one acre of mediocre land. My grass will turn brown in the heat of the summer because I'm not gonna waste city water to keep it green. I drive a Ford Focus, Ford Explorer and an F250. I live 3 miles away from my job. My wife lives 5 miles away from hers.
My carbon footprint is way less than theirs, yet I'm supposed to give up what little luxuries I got just so the rich can consume more.
Just remember, the less we the peasants use the more the wealthy will consume.

So my attitude is this. Until the rich give up the luxurious lifestyle and live their lives like my mediocre lifestyle they can go fuck themselves. I ain't cutting back no more.

Last edited:
Reactions: LePew and tango79
Nowididit said:
No I never think of the environmental impact that a few dirty diapers do.

What I do think about is how the super rich, the corporations, the federal, state and local governments and the amount of environmental damage they do.

I'll break it down for you.
Well start with the rich.
They reside in 1000s, sometimes 10s of 1000s of square ft mansions usually sitting on multiple acres of manicured lawn. Many of them own multiple mansions too. They drive or rather they are chauffeured around in big gas guzzling SUVs, sometimes heavy armored. They own yachts and private jets and many other luxury items that leave a sizeable carbon footprint. They vacation all over the world and use those very luxuries to get to there destinations.

Me I live in a modest home on one acre of mediocre land. My grass will turn brown in the heat of the summer because I'm not gonna waste city water to keep it green. I drive a Ford Focus, Ford Explorer and an F250. I live 3 miles away from my job. My wife lives 5 miles away from hers.
My carbon footprint is way less than theirs, yet I'm supposed to give up what little luxuries I got just so the rich can consume more.
Just remember, the less we the peasants use the more the wealthy will consume.

So my attitude is this. Until the rich give up the luxurious lifestyle and live their lives like my mediocre lifestyle they can go fuck themselves. I ain't cutting back no more.
I agree with you. Luckily a lot of people are waking up to this. My instagram reel feed is full of Taylor Swift private jet memes.

Mehrabad98 said:
I agree with you. Luckily a lot of people are waking up to this. My instagram reel feed is full of Taylor Swift private jet memes.
Since you brought up Taylor Swift

Not only does she jetset all over the world but let's look at the environmental impact of just one of her concerts. Let's assume she's performing in a stadium that holds 90k seats, sold out. That's 50k ppl that traveled to her concert. Let's say 15k carpooled there, 5k flew there then got rides from the airport to hotels then hotels to the concert. Traffic at a stand still getting into the concert means vehicles idling spewing carbon monoxide into the air.
Now we got 50k ppl in the stadium consuming beverages in paper cups with plastic straws, some purchasing multiples. 50k ppl flushing toilets and washing hands.
All the energy being used to produce the lighting and sound.
Concert is over, 50k ppl repeating their entry on exiting the grounds.
Ppl need to wake up and start seeing the light.

The tree hugging, climate change asshats are the worst hypocrites too. "Save the forests" but let's fly or drive to a crowded city an block a busy road to get our point across and we'll record it all on our smartphone.

Nowididit said:
Since you brought up Taylor Swift

Not only does she jetset all over the world but let's look at the environmental impact of just one of her concerts. Let's assume she's performing in a stadium that holds 90k seats, sold out. That's 50k ppl that traveled to her concert. Let's say 15k carpooled there, 5k flew there then got rides from the airport to hotels then hotels to the concert. Traffic at a stand still getting into the concert means vehicles idling spewing carbon monoxide into the air.
Now we got 50k ppl in the stadium consuming beverages in paper cups with plastic straws, some purchasing multiples. 50k ppl flushing toilets and washing hands.
All the energy being used to produce the lighting and sound.
Concert is over, 50k ppl repeating their entry on exiting the grounds.
Ppl need to wake up and start seeing the light.

The tree hugging, climate change asshats are the worst hypocrites too. "Save the forests" but let's fly or drive to a crowded city an block a busy road to get our point across and we'll record it all on our smartphone.
It's largely a symptom of our lack of investment in public transit. When Swift performed in Sydney pretty much everyone took the train to her concert instead of driving like people in LA did.

I am not worried about the environmental impact of diapers. From what I know about landfills, the main problem is people throwing out things that can be easily recycled like cardboard, paper, empty pop cans or plastic bottles. Furthermore, I remember reading a while back that the Japanese invented a way to break diapers down into little pellets and using them for energy. This article is from 14 years ago. It is a choice for this not to be a widespread practice. It really drives me nuts that we possess the technology to make our lives more humane and environmentally friendly, yet said technology gets ignored in the US. Leave it to Japan to lead the way.

Last edited:
Chimera said:
I am not worried about the environmental impact of diapers. From what I know about landfills, the main problem is people throwing out things that can be easily recycled like cardboard, paper, empty pop cans or plastic bottles. Furthermore, I remember reading a while back that the Japanese invented a way to break diapers down into little pellets and using them for energy. This article is from 14 years ago. It is a choice for this not to be a widespread practice. It really drives me nuts that we possess the technology to make our lives more humane and environmentally friendly, yet said technology gets ignored in the US. Leave it to Japan to lead the way.
If people actually took the time to sort their trash properly with the resources available to them, we'd see a massive reduction in landfill volumes. In my area, no more than 20% of one's residential waste should go to landfill. Our recycling program accepts a wide range of materials and successfully sorts them and sends them to facilities where they're actually recycled. Food scraps and yard waste go to a composting facility nearby and the resulting compost is sold to local farms and vineyards. The only things that are supposed to end up in the landfill are plastic wrap/bags, shiny film, diapers, sanitary products, and some packaging material like styrofoam and black plastic containers.
Despite it being law in all of California that people and businesses must sort their waste properly, I haven't seen any enforcement happening. If we make a law, we should enforce it.

Reactions: Chimera
I know this is a serious thread, but couldn't help adding a lighter thought that popped into my head: One way my mommy can feel less guilty about all those diapers of mine going into landfills is to use fewer of them. Oh, I don't mean wear them less often. I mean her making we wear them longer between changes. They don't get changed until they leave wet spots on my crib sheets or clothing or on the tiled floor where I play with my toys. Then, she saves on laundry by not immediately washing the item I got my pee on, so that the smell reminds my of how naughty I have been.

It's been on the back of my mind a bit. I know it's definitely wasteful, but I've justified in my mind by the other choices I've made. I use solar electric so net zero energy usage, work at home so less than 4k miles per year driven, and those are done in a 35 MPG car, no lawns. In my area it's also very popular to use doordash, which is crazy wasteful with packaging. I cut that out of my life after trying it twice. not only is it wasteful in materials, but the money spent (IMO) is nuts. Yes ABDL is expensive but even 3x a day of the good ones are cheaper than 2-3 average doordash meals per week, which I swear EVERYBODY does on my street

With all that said, it's still it is wasteful, there's no getting around that.

Back